Author Topic: DR. DRE 2001 AFTERMATH LEAK .. Hittman & Last Emperor - Airwave Terrorists  (Read 1954 times)

dj coma

found out the 3rd rapper is Phish... and here’s the MP3:

CLICK HERE

Isn't Phish the mystery dude on the classic hook for "What's the Difference".  Songs were probably recorded about the same time, he must of been hanging out Dre's studio in those days with Hittman.

THIS SHIT IS FIRE!!! BUMPING THIS ON REPEAT!!! LYRICS, BEAT, CONCEPTUALLY, FIRE!!

Correct, that’s the same Phish rapper from What’s the Difference.

Found it:

Credits say its produced by Buckwild on his album so thats probably who made the above beat. Kind of weird how many of these tracks have other peoples beats on em, just in rough edits. Maybe what they say about Dre jacking everyone around him is true?

NOW THAT IM LISTENIN TO IT, THIS IS A TOTALLY DIFF BEAT

SIMILAR STYLE BUT DAMN NEAR EVERYTHIN ABOUT IT IS DIFFERENT FROM A PRODUCTION STANDPOINT.

To me it sounds like an evolution of the demo beat just like X sounds like an evolution of that Tim N Bob beat. Quite a few producers have said that Dre would take other peoples bare beats and throw his sprinkles on them and thats what made them bangers, you can tell that DR Daz had a lot of that happening via Quik and Dre as their signatures were all over his work. Or it could be that Buck heard that Dre beat and reworked it into his own but anyone with working ears can tell they are cut from the same cloth.

Turn your caps lock off you goof.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Found it:

Credits say its produced by Buckwild on his album so thats probably who made the above beat. Kind of weird how many of these tracks have other peoples beats on em, just in rough edits. Maybe what they say about Dre jacking everyone around him is true?

IT MIGHT NOT BE A 2001 LEAK AFTERALL......MAYBE JUST A HITTMAN SONG FOR HIS ALBUM. IT WAS FOUND ON A PITTSBURG CASSETTE TAPE, SO THEY WERENT LABELED, IT WAS JUST ASSUMED AS A 2001 LEFTOEVER BECAUSE OF THE OTHER SONGS ON THERE.

BUT THE SONG PRODUCED BY TIM AND BOB WAS 100% GIVING CREDIT TO TIM AND BOB, SINCE EVEN THE XXL ARTICLE ABOUT IT CREDITED THEM FOR THE BEAT = NO JACKING

THAT SAID, DRE IS THE ULTIMATE PRODUCER...IF HE WOULDA USED THIS FOR 2001, HE PROLLY WOULDA COMPLETELY REWORKED IT AND TURNED IT INTO A CLASSIC THAT SOUNDS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE HEARING NOW AKA HE WOULDA PRODUCED THE SHIT OUT OF A SKELETON BEAT, WHICH HE TENDS TO DO FROM TIME TO TIME.

No it’s mos def a 2001 leftover because that dude Phish on the 3rd verse also recorded the hook for “What’s The Difference” and you got Hitman on both tracks—and they were both found on the same tape!!

I promise 100% that these gems on this tape “Airwave Terrorists” and “What’s The Difference” o.g were recorded at the same time period, likely Dre was working on both at the same time and having different artists come to studio and spit over them probably around December 98’
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Found it:

SIMILAR STYLE BUT DAMN NEAR EVERYTHIN ABOUT IT IS DIFFERENT FROM A PRODUCTION STANDPOINT.

To me it sounds like an evolution of the demo beat just like X sounds like an evolution of that Tim N Bob beat. Quite a few producers have said that Dre would take other peoples bare beats and throw his sprinkles on them and thats what made them bangers, you can tell that DR Daz had a lot of that happening via Quik and Dre as their signatures were all over his work. Or it could be that Buck heard that Dre beat and reworked it into his own but anyone with working ears can tell they are cut from the same cloth.

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, DRUMS AND SPACING ARE WAY DIFF, MELODY IS SIMILAR BUT NOT ENOUGH TO BE THE SAME BEAT.... THIS WOULDNT EVEN HOLD UP IN COURT AS A MUSIC PLAGIARISM SUIT.

Sccit

Found it:

IT MIGHT NOT BE A 2001 LEAK AFTERALL......MAYBE JUST A HITTMAN SONG FOR HIS ALBUM. IT WAS FOUND ON A PITTSBURG CASSETTE TAPE, SO THEY WERENT LABELED, IT WAS JUST ASSUMED AS A 2001 LEFTOEVER BECAUSE OF THE OTHER SONGS ON THERE.

BUT THE SONG PRODUCED BY TIM AND BOB WAS 100% GIVING CREDIT TO TIM AND BOB, SINCE EVEN THE XXL ARTICLE ABOUT IT CREDITED THEM FOR THE BEAT = NO JACKING

THAT SAID, DRE IS THE ULTIMATE PRODUCER...IF HE WOULDA USED THIS FOR 2001, HE PROLLY WOULDA COMPLETELY REWORKED IT AND TURNED IT INTO A CLASSIC THAT SOUNDS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE HEARING NOW AKA HE WOULDA PRODUCED THE SHIT OUT OF A SKELETON BEAT, WHICH HE TENDS TO DO FROM TIME TO TIME.

No it’s mos def a 2001 leftover because that dude Phish on the 3rd verse also recorded the hook for “What’s The Difference” and you got Hitman on both tracks—and they were both found on the same tape!!

I promise 100% that these gems on this tape “Airwave Terrorists” and “What’s The Difference” o.g were recorded at the same time period, likely Dre was working on both at the same time and having different artists come to studio and spit over them probably around December 98’

yea u got a point

i said that before i listened to the 50 cent joint .... now that i hear its 2 diff beats i can safely say this is from the 2001 sessions and buckewild was not involved in any capacity.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 rapped over a slightly reworked version of this beat on his 2nd album.

Track sounds totally different to me and if anything 50 ruined what was a gem...

I mean what makes “Airwave Terrorists” so dope is not the beat it’s the concept, lyrics, hook—and 50 butchered all that—if he was gonna steal anything he should of bit the whole concept

Found it:

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT, DRUMS AND SPACING ARE WAY DIFF, MELODY IS SIMILAR BUT NOT ENOUGH TO BE THE SAME BEAT.... THIS WOULDNT EVEN HOLD UP IN COURT AS A MUSIC PLAGIARISM SUIT.

Listen to the buzz synth at :21 in the leak, its played in a different key on 50s track with a lot more stuff going on but its obviously an evolution of it. Drums have been totally rearranged but that happens. To me these tracks have the same DNA running through them.

Listen to first draft of so many 2pac songs and how they were polished for retail with overdubs and more production elements and you'll get it or maybe you just don't have an ear like that due to melanin deficiency.

There was an interview with Storch once where he was talking about Dres workflow and what he actually does in the studio that was dope as it showed why he brings out the best in people and why his co producers ain't much without him but also why he needs the co producers because he's more of an orchestrator than a beat maker.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for sharing, Sccit.  8)

After seeing all that hype about these leaks I expected a lot from them. Disappointingly all I heard was sub par production and very outdated overall sound. If this wasn't Dre-related I don't think anyone would even be checking for it among all the great releases coming out nowadays. Hopefully whatever else leaks would be better

Nah fucc that these are gems 💎. If you ain’t feeling it I guarantee you wasn’t around winter 98 and summer 99 when all these tracks were being rumored and all the buzz on dreday forum... we been waitin a long time for this... these are legendary sessions from a legendary era

“Airwave Terrorists” is on point lyrically, conceptually, and all it’s missing is Dre putting the Midas touch over it sonically as he did with elevating “Hey You” to “X” and “What’s The Difference” from the o.g and “Way I Be Pimpin” from Royce to Nate version

You are right about one thing—wouldn’t give a fucc if it wasn’t Dre but that’s cause Dre’s the best producer all time has the gold standard so even his leaks are gems.

This is literally the best shit I’ve heard in hiphop since the Compton album—way better than the bullshit released by bulllshit artists of today but then again I don’t fucc wit new music cause I’m Infinite Trapped in 96’!!!!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:59:35 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Sccit

Found it:

Listen to the buzz synth at :21 in the leak, its played in a different key on 50s track with a lot more stuff going on but its obviously an evolution of it. Drums have been totally rearranged but that happens. To me these tracks have the same DNA running through them.

Listen to first draft of so many 2pac songs and how they were polished for retail with overdubs and more production elements and you'll get it or maybe you just don't have an ear like that due to melanin deficiency.

There was an interview with Storch once where he was talking about Dres workflow and what he actually does in the studio that was dope as it showed why he brings out the best in people and why his co producers ain't much without him but also why he needs the co producers because he's more of an orchestrator than a beat maker.

BRUH I'M NOT SAYIN THERES NOT SIMILARITIES, BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME BEAT LOL

MELANIN DEFICIENCY? I THOUGHT U A CAC MORMON FROM UTAH? CMON FAM, LETS KEEP IT A BUCK HERE...I BEEN MAKIN MUSIC FOR 2 DECADES NOW. IF IT WAS THE SAME BEAT, I WOULD BE THE FIRST TO TELL U. IT'S NOT. YES, IT'S A SIMILAR SYNTH (PLAYED ON A DIFFERENT KEY), BUT JUST BECAUSE A BEAT USES THE SAME/SIMILAR INSTRUMENT DOES NOT MAKE IT THE SAME. AN EVOLUTION OF THE SAME BEAT IS LIKE THE THRONE IS MINE DRE VERSION VS ROYCE VERSION.

ALSO, DRE HAS MADE PLENTY OF BEATS HIMSELF FROM SCRATCH....STORCH IS AN IDIOT COKEHEAD WHO ISN'T TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. HE HAD A BEAT BATTLE VS MANNIE FRESH YESTERDAY AND CHEATED HIS WAY THROUGH THE ENTIRE THING, PLAYING BEATS PRODUCED BY DRE, TIMBO, BEATS WHERE HE WAS ONLY A SESSION PLAYER ETC. MANNIE EVEN CALLED HIM OUT ON IT....DUDE HAS NO DIGNITY AND ALWAYS TALKS HIMSELF UP. NOTHIN MORE THAN A SESSION PLAYER FOR DRE WHO WAS EASILY REPLACEABLE.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

All these demos sound like very rough drafts like the chronic ones except different rappers and eras

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
or maybe you just don't have an ear like that due to melanin deficiency.

;D ;D

The following users thanked this post:

Sccit

;D ;D

does it sound like the same beat to u?

• Muthafuckin' Don!

;D ;D

No, it doesn't sound the same to me, and even considering the timeline, I highly doubt it.

In fact, like you said it sounds even less similar than the beat in the Dre vocals over "Throne Is Mine".  The Dre vocals for "Throne Is Mine" you can tell that it's the same underlying track--but it's dope because it's been altered enough to feel like it is a whole different song.  So for example, I can bump it like a new track without it sounding old.  But the new leak of "What's the Difference" might get older faster cause you've already listened to that exact beat a thousand times.  Even remixes sound old to me, if the vocals are all the same.  I rarely bump remixes.  Unless it's some shit like "Crossroads" where it sounds like a whole nother song

Eyeball did make a good case though, because he was digging deep into the production aspect of it--so I still think its a worthy post from him.

Sccit

;D ;D

No, it doesn't sound the same to me, and even considering the timeline, I highly doubt it.

In fact, like you said it sounds even less similar than the beat in the Dre vocals over "Throne Is Mine".  The Dre vocals for "Throne Is Mine" you can tell that it's the same underlying track--but it's dope because it's been altered enough to feel like it is a whole different song.  So for example, I can bump it like a new track without it sounding old.  But the new leak of "What's the Difference" might get older faster cause you've already listened to that exact beat a thousand times.  Even remixes sound old to me, if the vocals are all the same.  I rarely bump remixes.  Unless it's some shit like "Crossroads" where it sounds like a whole nother song

Eyeball did make a good case though, because he was digging deep into the production aspect of it--so I still think its a worthy post from him.

nice...looks like all that time spent in africa did your ears some good then 8)

I wasn't at those sessions so like the rest of you I'm speculating but one thing I know is those two beats are related. Just as it was obvious to you that X and AT are related because the DNA/skeleton concepts of the beats are the same except its a bit easier to hear in the Tim N Bob track compared to 50s.

Infinite makes a great point where producers like concepts and buy the rights wholesale for cash to then tweak, it happens all the time and its often why you sometimes hear a totally different, one off sound from a producer than you're used to because someone else ceated that sketch they put the paint on.

Look on the other side, the timing of these two beats were both in the same era, with artists linked with the same label, with a boss who is known for for polishing up beats. It could've been as simple as the OG beat is what Buckwild bought to the table and various artists wrapped over it and the finished one on the album is what Dre mixed it down into.

Loads of artists have said that Dre totally transforms other peoples songs into the final product we hear (mainly Daz beats) and its obvious here if you've got that vibe and can feel it. When 50 was on Aftermath Dre very rarely produced songs specifically for him like he does for Em and Snoop. 50 would go through the Pro Tools sessions and find something he liked, rap over it and present it to Dre for a thumbs up because Dre always saw him as Ems artist, not his, and their personalities didn't vibe like that anyway.

When you see these producer sessions where people are auditioning tracks for Dre he often only actually likes a tiny piece. It could be a melody, a drum pattern, a sample, whatever - if it gets his ear (melinated, of course) he wants it and then will rearrange the pieces around it to fit his vision. Thats how Still Dre was made because he took a tiny loop from what Storch was playing in a session (that clang clang clang bit we all know) and structured the rest of the track around that. Without Storch it woudn't have existed, without Dre it wouldn't have existed.

He's the epitome of "You made it a hot bar, I made it a hot song" because Storch didn't hear nothing in what he was doing and was just banging keys but Dre knew would he could turn it into. Same thing happened with this beat, I can feel it in my soul. Go paint your ears black, it might help. ;D

The following users thanked this post: Shag Diggler