Author Topic: Infinite do you think Infinite is Ems best album?  (Read 505 times)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Infinite do you think Infinite is Ems best album?
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:08:05 PM »
I just got it on vinyl after only being able to listen to it on YouTube and I gotta say it actually might be

Sccit

Re: Infinite do you think Infinite is Ems best album?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
i’m not infinite but it’s def a classic

i still got mmlp and sslp over it .. prolly eminem show too

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:33:34 PM »
There’s just something different about this album compared to those 3

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 01:02:29 AM »
I just got it on vinyl after only being able to listen to it on YouTube and I gotta say it actually might be

That's dope you got the vinyl.  It's probably a re-issue, what's the record label listed.  Cause Sccit had a hard copy but you could tell it was a re-issue because one of the pictures on the inside liner notes was from like an Eminem Show era photo of Em on stage. 

I just made a post about the Infinite album recently.  I've been using the name Infinite since the summer of 99 when that shit leaked on the dreday site... the title track "Infinite" is a lyrical masterpiece.  To be honest, Eminem says that he got dissed when he originally released the album cause people said he sounded like AZ and Nas--well Infinite really isn't that far off from Illmatic.  Not saying it's 5 mics or anything but lyrically it ranks up there and the Bass Brothers production was also on point.  But even Eminem would tell you it's not his best.  He even described it as "a demo that got pressed" in interviews.  I rank it...

1 - MMLP
2 - Eminem Show
3 - Slim Shady LP
4 - D12 Devils Night
5 - 8 Mile (I know it's a soundtrack but still)
6 - MMLP2
7 - Infinite

...but I remember putting a microphone up to the computer speaker and recording the whole album that way back in the summer of 99' and bumpin the Infinite album in rotation all the way up until MMLP dropped.  Because at the time you had this bootleg album of Em that leaked and had "Green and Gold" and all that type stuff on it, you had the SSLP, and then you had his guest appearances and that was about it... so I was bumping Infinite on the regular.  I haven't bumped it much though since the MMLP...  just a couple weeks ago though I was bumpin that shit... and posted this verse from the album as a quotable..

“So what you know about a sweet MC in the 313?
You don't know shit, so when you see one, flee
You can be Run-D, you'll never be the MC
I stopped the alphabet at S and got it down to a T
I'm sure you're bound to agree, a sweet MC crash the spot
I'll make the roof hot like I was Rock Master Scott
Your ass forgot, so just in case you don't remember me
I'll run your brain round the block to jog your fuckin' memory
It's either them or me, man, kill or be killed
Your will'll be sealed, your casket closed, you still'll be billed
My facilities filled with fans, packed to capacity
I'll send a rapper back with the crack of his ass shitty
If he's actin' soft and he cowers, he better come cleaner
Than Jeru jackin' off when he showers
You flowers got no clout with a thing
You could date a stick of dynamite
And wouldn't go out with a bang
I shout with a slang, simple as ABC's
Skip over the D's and rock the microphone with ease
Dethrone MC's, and I'ma max alone
Relax your dome, like a solo from a saxophone
So facts are known, biters get treated with shots
I rock a beat harder than you could beat it with rocks
I'm greeted with flocks of fellow followers' singers
You couldn't make the fans throw up their hands
If they swallowed their fingers
But you can bring yours, let's see what you got
But don't front, and never try to be what you're not
'Cause you can be quick
Jump the candlestick, burn your back
And fuck Jill on a hill, but you still ain't jack
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 09:33:38 AM »

That's dope you got the vinyl.  It's probably a re-issue, what's the record label listed.  Cause Sccit had a hard copy but you could tell it was a re-issue because one of the pictures on the inside liner notes was from like an Eminem Show era photo of Em on stage. 

I just made a post about the Infinite album recently.  I've been using the name Infinite since the summer of 99 when that shit leaked on the dreday site... the title track "Infinite" is a lyrical masterpiece.  To be honest, Eminem says that he got dissed when he originally released the album cause people said he sounded like AZ and Nas--well Infinite really isn't that far off from Illmatic.  Not saying it's 5 mics or anything but lyrically it ranks up there and the Bass Brothers production was also on point.  But even Eminem would tell you it's not his best.  He even described it as "a demo that got pressed" in interviews.  I rank it...

1 - MMLP
2 - Eminem Show
3 - Slim Shady LP
4 - D12 Devils Night
5 - 8 Mile (I know it's a soundtrack but still)
6 - MMLP2
7 - Infinite

...but I remember putting a microphone up to the computer speaker and recording the whole album that way back in the summer of 99' and bumpin the Infinite album in rotation all the way up until MMLP dropped.  Because at the time you had this bootleg album of Em that leaked and had "Green and Gold" and all that type stuff on it, you had the SSLP, and then you had his guest appearances and that was about it... so I was bumping Infinite on the regular.  I haven't bumped it much though since the MMLP...  just a couple weeks ago though I was bumpin that shit... and posted this verse from the album as a quotable..

“So what you know about a sweet MC in the 313?
You don't know shit, so when you see one, flee
You can be Run-D, you'll never be the MC
I stopped the alphabet at S and got it down to a T
I'm sure you're bound to agree, a sweet MC crash the spot
I'll make the roof hot like I was Rock Master Scott
Your ass forgot, so just in case you don't remember me
I'll run your brain round the block to jog your fuckin' memory
It's either them or me, man, kill or be killed
Your will'll be sealed, your casket closed, you still'll be billed
My facilities filled with fans, packed to capacity
I'll send a rapper back with the crack of his ass shitty
If he's actin' soft and he cowers, he better come cleaner
Than Jeru jackin' off when he showers
You flowers got no clout with a thing
You could date a stick of dynamite
And wouldn't go out with a bang
I shout with a slang, simple as ABC's
Skip over the D's and rock the microphone with ease
Dethrone MC's, and I'ma max alone
Relax your dome, like a solo from a saxophone
So facts are known, biters get treated with shots
I rock a beat harder than you could beat it with rocks
I'm greeted with flocks of fellow followers' singers
You couldn't make the fans throw up their hands
If they swallowed their fingers
But you can bring yours, let's see what you got
But don't front, and never try to be what you're not
'Cause you can be quick
Jump the candlestick, burn your back
And fuck Jill on a hill, but you still ain't jack

yea he copped the re-issue

the original would be over over a grand

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382925038976

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 04:50:13 PM »

Vlad is one of the few people in the world that actually had the o.g Slim Shady EP before Eminem got signed by Dre.  I've heard a few people say that in interviews.  Aside from Eminem's own circle I still haven't heard anybody be like.. "Yo, I had the Infinite album back in 1997" but there has to be some people out there in that category.

Can you imagine having the Infinite album in 1997?  I think it was mostly racism, because how could you have not listened to that in 97' and seen "Holy shit--this mutherfuckaz lyrical ability is off the meter!!

...So unless you just dismissed him for being white you would have had to recognize the lyrical ability.  The only problem was he had not developed his Slim Shady character yet.  So he was kind of caught in between on Infinite.  He was positive on some tracks but it wasn't revolutionary and powerful like the kind of black righteousness you'd find on Illmatic... then he tried to kick some demented shit but it didn't have much character and it was just your basic battle rap shit talking

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:12 PM »

Vlad is one of the few people in the world that actually had the o.g Slim Shady EP before Eminem got signed by Dre.  I've heard a few people say that in interviews.  Aside from Eminem's own circle I still haven't heard anybody be like.. "Yo, I had the Infinite album back in 1997" but there has to be some people out there in that category.

Can you imagine having the Infinite album in 1997?  I think it was mostly racism, because how could you have not listened to that in 97' and seen "Holy shit--this mutherfuckaz lyrical ability is off the meter!!

...So unless you just dismissed him for being white you would have had to recognize the lyrical ability.  The only problem was he had not developed his Slim Shady character yet.  So he was kind of caught in between on Infinite.  He was positive on some tracks but it wasn't revolutionary and powerful like the kind of black righteousness you'd find on Illmatic... then he tried to kick some demented shit but it didn't have much character and it was just your basic battle rap shit talking
m

yea there was only 1,000 copies of infinite pressed

u talkin bout dj vlad?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 11:41:33 PM »

m

u talkin bout dj vlad?

Yeah DJ Vlad's talked about it in a few interviews.  Just kind of cool to hear from someone who wasn't working for any label or a part of Em's circle.  They just happened to be in touch with the underground scene at the time and had a copy of the Slim Shady EP.

My first impressions when Aftermath released "Just Don't Give A Fuck" single way ahead of "My Name Is" was that that shit was so fuccin hard that it wouldn't get acceptance in the mainstream.  Of course once "My Name Is" dropped I saw more of Em/Dre/Interscopes vision to break mainstream.  Even "Brain Damage" which was the B Side sounded too depressing for mainstream.  But later a lot of alternative fans took to tracks like that. 

Duck Duck Doggy

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 10:16:00 AM »

m

u talkin bout dj vlad?

Yeah DJ Vlad's talked about it in a few interviews.  Just kind of cool to hear from someone who wasn't working for any label or a part of Em's circle.  They just happened to be in touch with the underground scene at the time and had a copy of the Slim Shady EP.

My first impressions when Aftermath released "Just Don't Give A Fuck" single way ahead of "My Name Is" was that that shit was so fuccin hard that it wouldn't get acceptance in the mainstream.  Of course once "My Name Is" dropped I saw more of Em/Dre/Interscopes vision to break mainstream.  Even "Brain Damage" which was the B Side sounded too depressing for mainstream.  But later a lot of alternative fans took to tracks like that.

Those kinda tracks are my favorite Em. There’s a track from the Slim Shady EP called “ Low Down and Dirty” which is up there with my favorite Em tracks ever. I feel like he had a different style on the EP than the LP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2020, 11:12:01 PM »

Those kinda tracks are my favorite Em. There’s a track from the Slim Shady EP called “ Low Down and Dirty” which is up there with my favorite Em tracks ever. I feel like he had a different style on the EP than the LP

Yeah "Low Down Dirty" is vintage Em.  He was in the zone whenever he made that EP and I'm sure it was probably only a matter of time somebody noticed it. 

You know his style of virulent self-hatred I wasn't really familiar with such a style initially.  I know other underground artists were doing it, but I wasn't familiar.  I was used to hearing braggadocio shit about bitches, money, or gansta shit--and Em was doing none of that in this era.  Later he'd start to do a bit of it but not in those times. When I first heard Em on "Just Don't Give a Fuck" I recognized the talent, I just wasn't sure how they would polish it up to push him to platinum beyond hardcore headz, but I knew if anyone could do it, Dre and Jimmy would figure it out.  There was just the fear with all Aftermath artists that they could end up shelved like King T. 

At the time the "Just Don't GIve A Fuck/Brain Damage" single was released on Aftermath around November 1998--it wasn't a forgone conclusion that Eminem would blow up or even come out.   King T had a lead single "Got It Locked" on BET and magazine ads in the Source saying Thy Kingdom Come--and his shit still didn't drop.  I just remember being legit concerned that the Eminem project wouldn't come out either. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:16:57 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »