Author Topic: Xzibit Talks Dr. Dre Friendship, Up In Smoke Tour, Success In Cannabis Industry  (Read 723 times)

doggfather

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:49:47 AM by Okka »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
I literally can't wait for Restless rerelease and those Golden State Project songs. That's what him and Dre were doing in the studio.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

doggfather

that golden state is interesting to me too

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
Yeah theres also some video footage he's gon' release with the album.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Okka

Good interview! Has Xzibit been on Drink Champs already? Oh yeah, if Xzibit's actually really gonna rerelease "Restless", I think he should include the two songs ("Take Your Stripes" ft. Dr. Dre and "Take Me There" ft. Tray Deee and Ms. Roq) that are supposedly from those sessions and have been talked about for years, but never leaked.

Jay_J

what did he say about restless? i missed that while watching...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Pretty good interview.. but Xzibit wouldn't be dissin' MTV Pimp My Ride like that if MTV was still playing music videos and creating superstars.

I mean.. if that show had been on in 1998 it would've atleast gotten "What U See is What U Get" played on MTV and 40 Dayz 40 Nightz would've gone at least gold.  Restless would've sold another 300,000 additionally on the 1.5 or whatever it sold.

That show did a lot for Xzibit and his career.  It nearly made him a household name.  I mean, I of course think he should've already been a household name by that time with 2001, Up In Smoke, and Restless LP--but something about his style it was always a bit rough for the mainstream. 

...I put him at #5 emcee all-time--but he got to take some of the blame not blame Pimp My Ride.  That Man vs. Machine album had a chance to be great but he loaded the back end with filler, and up until his comeback with Napalm his album quality had really gone South.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Shame the Golden State {Warriorz} song is The Big Picture, it's already leaked online (you can find it on youtube). It will be good to hear it properly mixed and mastered though.

If he does anything special to the Restless project, how about a Warriorz remix (by Dr. Dre?) of Get Your Walk On? It would have been redonkulous if it had featured on the original (and great hype for The Coast Is Clear). But did Mel-Man & BattleCat (& apparently an uncredited FredWreck) already outDre - Dre?

Maybe a Strong Arm remix to Been A Long Time as they haven't released shit together in years.

Good to see him working with Ras again (With God), just remember to add Saafir and Strong Arm! (The rest of the Likwit is pretty much on Restless, maybe an E-Swift remix, full Likwit Crew line-up on Alkaholik this time too?)

I don't think I'm asking 4 much.

And someone import Napalm to Europe, it looks dope.

Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Okka

Shame the Golden State {Warriorz} song is The Big Picture, it's already leaked online (you can find it on youtube). It will be good to hear it properly mixed and mastered though.

If he does anything special to the Restless project, how about a Warriorz remix (by Dr. Dre?) of Get Your Walk On? It would have been redonkulous if it had featured on the original (and great hype for The Coast Is Clear). But did Mel-Man & BattleCat (& apparently an uncredited FredWreck) already outDre - Dre?

Maybe a Strong Arm remix to Been A Long Time as they haven't released shit together in years.

Good to see him working with Ras again (With God), just remember to add Saafir and Strong Arm! (The rest of the Likwit is pretty much on Restless, maybe an E-Swift remix, full Likwit Crew line-up on Alkaholik this time too?)

SAS wasn't even workin' with Xzibit when "Restless" came out. He's tryin' yo capture the feelin' when that album came out etc. Why fix it if it ain't broke? None of that's gonna happen and you know it.

Matty

i'd rather hear the new album.

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ