Author Topic: We imagined the tracklist of an Eazy-E album in 2020  (Read 800 times)

k1000

We imagined the tracklist of an Eazy-E album in 2020
« on: May 01, 2020, 01:18:37 PM »
We imagined the tracklist of an Eazy-E album in 2020

Picturing a tracklist of an Eazy-E album in 2020, precisely 25 years after he passed away, is an exercise in style that is both complicated and extremely entertaining, all of which is obviously under the sign of imagination.

March 26, 1995. At just 31 years old, Eric ‘Eazy-E’ Wright died of AIDS-related complications. Father of twelve children with almost as many different mothers, the artist from Compton gave birth to Gangsta Rap. A style popularized with the worldwide success of N.W.A., group of which he was the undisputed leader. The album "Straight Outta Compton" remains the ultimate reference for this genre today. Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, MC Ren, DJ Yella and therefore Eazy-E forever changed the face of Hip Hop with a violent expression that was only the reflection of their time.

True icon, the founder of the Ruthless Records label left a heritage behind him claimed by several generations of rappers and in particular the scene of Los Angeles who still continue to pay tribute to him today. If E did not have the talent on the microphone of Tupac or Notorious BIG, who will also pass away very soon after him in 1996 and 1997, the rapper from Compton has always managed to fill his weaknesses with a presence and an extraordinary charisma. An entrepreneur ahead of his time, Eazy-E will remain forever as one of the first self made man in Hip Hop.

He released his first solo album "Eazy-Duz-It" in 1988. Two EPs will follow, including the famous "It’s On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa". Then his discography ended in 1996 with the posthumous project "Str8 off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton". An atypical way (that led him) to rap that made me want to extend his legend by picturing a tracklist of one of his albums in 2020, if he was still with us ... A tribute between fiction and fantasy through an analysis of this tracklist title by title and a presentation of all the guests of this project.

01. C-P-T

It is in the company of his son Lil Eazy-E and Buddy that this project opens with a production signed Sean House from the duo LNDN DRGS. A track which pays homage to his city of Compton and which traces an extraordinary journey of 35 years, from the mid-80s until today.

02. Bad Bitchez In The Club

First single from this album, the song produced by DJ Mustard tells the story of a common night in a club in Los Angeles which quickly degenerates as the encounters go by. A real club banger with a catchy hook from RJmrLA and a YG feature in which the latter takes the opportunity to once again mock his favorite punchingbag 6ix9ine.

03. More Money, More Money

A dream come true, The Game finally got his featuring with the legend of Compton. A convincing duo that shows us all possible and unimaginable ways of spending money. The beat of Polyester the Saint samples Parliament's “Mothership Connection” and is a marvel for the ears!

04. Family

First solo track of this project in which E remembers all the missing members of his family. A song that has only two sound elements ; a bass line from Thundercat and a saxophone solo from Terrace Martin. A jazzy and funky atmosphere that will make this song one of the highlights of this opus.

05. Prolific Life

Eazy-E had the good idea to get an unreleased Nipsey Hussle song from the recording sessions of his album Victory Lap. A track produced by the duo Mike & Keys to which he added a verse to pay tribute to one of his worthy heirs and to an entrepreneur-activist who will always remain faithful to his principles. Lauren London, Nip’s wife, makes a discreet and moving appearance at the very end of the track.

06. We Change

A true ode to the West Coast sound, this song concocted by Battlecat and Dem Jointz recounts the various changes in the rap game from the end of the 80s to nowadays. A title written in part by the talented K.A.A.N. which will know several remixes, the most popular being the one produced by DJ Quik featuring Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Gangsta Dresta and B.G. Knocc Out.

07. The World’s Most Dangerous Group

It took a while for the 5 members of N.W.A. to finally meet on one same song, a first since 1989 and the departure of Ice Cube. With an introduction by The D.O.C., here we have Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren and DJ Yella who find E for a hymn to their heritage, Gangsta Rap. Track produced by Dr. Dre, Dem Jointz and Focus… The wait was long, the result was worth it.

08. Just Me

Another solo track on this opus which allows its author to engage in a truly overwhelming introspection on his life. Rarely dealing with personal feelings, the performance of Eazy is stunning and G Koop production doesn't spoil this song, quite the contrary, with a beat tailored to this kind of confession.

09. Fun

A song that contrasts with the previous song by its much more joyful side in which E remembers memories of youth. The production of Dâm-Funk brings a funky touch that will make this entertaining track one of the fan’s favorite, including a brilliant performance by Anderson .Paak.

10. Some L.A. Niggaz Pt. 2

Dr. Dre offers Eazy-E a follow-up to his song "Some L.A. Niggaz" which was on "2001". For the occasion, the beat is brought up to date with a co-production from DJ Dahi and Sounwave. A more-than-7-minute-long monumental posse cut bringing together Dom Kennedy, Problem, D Smoke (the winner of the Rhythm + Flow contest on Netflix), Pacman Da Gunman, SiR and the group Villain Park. A devastating cast for a track that is just as much.

11. Brotherz & Sisterz

This is already the fourth collaboration between Kendrick Lamar and Eazy but this one will enter the legend as the most streamed title in history in 24 hours. Unsurprisingly this song produced by Baby Keem will be chosen as the second single from this album and it will quickly integrate the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 ranking of the most popular singles in the USA. A unifying track which will be taken up by the Democratic camp and which, for some, will allow Bernie Sanders to win the 2020 presidential election against Donald Trump.

12. Too Many Kidz

In this song, Eazy-E approaches with humor the number of children he has had throughout his life. The chorus is composed only of the different names of his descendants and in the verses he tells us some saucy anecdotes about the conception of some. Track produced by will.i.am who samples artfully the magnificent "So Many Women, So Little Time" by Robert Cray.

13. Good Guy

Barely 19 and already an international star, Billie Eilish is the surprise guest of this album. A featuring that we did not necessarily expect but which is more than convincing. A song that responds to Eilish's hit "Bad Guy" with a much darker touch produced by Eminem and Tay Keith. The deluxe edition of this album will contain a remix version with verses from Boogie, Conway and of course Em’.

14. Why Not

A less-than-two-minute song produced by Cardo where we discover Eazy listing the different professions he would have liked to do if he had not turned to music. Among his selection, and by far the most credible, we find Astro-gangsta-naute…

15. No Regretz

In this concluding song produced by the duo Nez & Rio, the rapper from Compton confirms the rumor and announces that this album will indeed be his last. Eazy-E now prefers to focus full time on the management of his Ruthless Records label and his family. This song ends with this sentence: "I feel like I had several lives, I think now I am starting my 5th".

Full Tracklist

01. C-P-T (feat. Lil Eazy & Buddy) [prod. Sean House]
02. Bad Bitchez In The Club (feat. YG & RJmrLA) [prod. DJ Mustard]
03. More Money, More Money (feat. The Game) [prod. Polyester the Saint]
04. Family [prod. Terrace Martin]
05. Prolific Life (feat. Nipsey Hussle) [prod. Mike & Keys]
06. We Change [prod. Battlecat & Dem Jointz]
07. The World’s Most Dangerous Group (feat. N.W.A.) [prod. Dr. Dre, Dem Jointz & Focus…]
08. Just Me [prod. G Koop]
09. Fun (feat. Anderson .Paak) [prod. Dâm-Funk]
10. Some L.A. Niggaz Pt. 2 (feat. Dom Kennedy, Problem, D Smoke, Pacman Da Gunman, SiR & Villain Park.) [prod. Dr. Dre, DJ Dahi & Sounwave]
11. Brotherz & Sisterz (feat. Kendrick Lamar) [prod. Baby Keem]
12. Too Many Kidz [prod. will.i.am]
13. Good Guy (feat. Billie Eilish) [prod. Eminem & Tay Keith]
14. Why Not [prod. Cardo]
15. No Regretz [prod. Nez & Rio]

This is an article i read on the French webzine thebackpackerz.com

https://www.thebackpackerz.com/on-a-imagine-tracklist-album-eazy-e-2020/

I felt like translating it and share with the dubcnn community.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 01:23:07 PM by k1000 »

Sccit

Re: We imagined the tracklist of an Eazy-E album in 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 04:11:32 PM »
lmfao

The following users thanked this post: Suga Foot

h2k4

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 08:03:00 PM »
Nahhhh...LMFAO...I can't believe someone spent this much time and effort into creating this fantasy. "Prolific Life"  ::) :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 09:22:12 PM »
Nahhhh...LMFAO...I can't believe someone spent this much time and effort into creating this fantasy. "Prolific Life"  ::) :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

it’s from a french website

them mufuckaz is crazy bout this west coast life

Okka

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 02:58:20 AM »
I made up a few fake tracklists like this when I was a kid :laugh:

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

manson

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 08:09:05 AM »

it’s from a french website

them mufuckaz is crazy bout this west coast life

Oh shit, please dont tell me that, i'm french, and even if i dont give a fuck about no countries, origins, religions (i mean, it's good and bad everywhere as for me), i have to say it's embarrassing lol. You're right about people (some people) liking or being fascinated by that westcoast lifestyle here, that gang life, i'm 39 and that's the case for myself for almost 30 years now, but this right here ? Come on man,  "You are somethin else"