Author Topic: Dr. Dre & Hittman -`Big Egos`(live original version) *different lyrics  (Read 2726 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Looks like a nice party but does the link not work for the alternate version of "Big Egos" anymore?

interesting DOC wrote Dre's verses.  Dre did used to complain DOC had a "big ego"... when they laid this shit down in the studio they probably celebrated thinking it was a huge banger, but by the time the album came out this cut was almost an afterthought... I mean it's a banger for sure but it got overshadowed by some of the other tracks... this has that earlier Aftermath sound where Dre was on BET RapCity with King T saying he was into making smoother slower joints... "Been There Done That" rhythms
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

^^ works for me

it’s the first link i posted

Okka

Is that Chrystale Wilson (from "The Players Club") talkin' with Dre on the second video?

lakersalltheway

Re: Dr. Dre & Hittman -`Big Egos`(live original version) *different lyrics
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 11:51:30 PM »
Haven't replied to this site in a really long time, but I want to try to contribute to this absolute treasure of a video. If you remember the old times, my user name was lakasalldaway.

Here's my take on Dre's verse. Going off of the interviews available on YouTube, this is the first song Scott Storch and Dre ever created for 2001, and in my opinion it's the foundation for what flowed after. Everything evolved from this classic. It's easily my favorite song from the album, and still one I love blasting out of the speakers while driving. You can hear why Still D.R.E. was a just a derivative of this song.

I got more class than most of 'em
Ran with the best of 'em
Forgave the less of 'em and blazed at the rest of 'em
And now picture I only got a 100 dollars
and each one of my dollars is immediately your dollars (? could be wrong here)
Analytically I survived the game politically
God ... heavenly (?) ... I shine considerably
My breath sells media (?) I spit the thunder
Let me break this shit down so you don't have to wonder
Ridin' S Classes - my whole committee's been flooded
Niggas evacuated the city
I'm callin' y'all bluff Dre's had enough
Totaled (?) anybody who ain't close enough to touch
I'm cold like the winter, hit with the ya (?)
Smoke rappers deadly throw more stars than a ninja
Pass the (?)
I'm about ta tell 'em
Just the locked door on a new Aftermath member *Note, Hittman said he was signed just before this video was shot, according to his Twitter
I'm hittin' switches, makin' bitches eat bitches
See me grab my dick every time I pose for pictures
I own acres, floor seats watchin' the Lakers
I'm cool with eses who got AKs in cases

--

Just as an addendum, Hittman said on Rap Genius that his censored part of the song was about JD and Da Brat biting Snoop's style, but I can't make it out no matter how many times I listen to it. You can hear him say something about ratta-tat-tat - "Damn Dre then shoot the bitch....(?) hell is nothing you can stress so (?) my heart attack"

My two cents after many years. I would love to get your opinion on the lyrics.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 12:43:10 AM by lakersalltheway »

k1000

Re: Dr. Dre & Hittman -`Big Egos`(live original version) *different lyrics
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2020, 05:09:16 AM »
didn't work and neither did the instagram links... anybody got a way I can hear this?

watch it here: https://streamable.com/qhfm50