Author Topic: Dr Dre’ new production team  (Read 2096 times)

skjesp

Dr Dre’ new production team
« on: June 21, 2020, 01:46:18 AM »

I cant this image to show here....anyway

I asked this guy, he’s working with Dre, and he refers what they are working on to “the record” . I find that quite exiting! This was yesterday.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:12:45 AM by Okka »

Okka

Re: Dr Dre’ new production team
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 09:14:50 AM »
You can see the picture now. It's Erik "Blu2th" Griggs, who worked on "Compton". He been workin' with Dre for a while.

dj coma

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 12:48:48 PM »
Thanks for the update but most of these dudes been working Dre since well before Compton.

Jay_J

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »
he forgot to mention Fredwreck.

by the way this production team is the reason why dr. dre cant create a new era and cant produce anything catches today's generations interest.

before chronic he had guys like daz, warren and the glove. those guys helped dre to raise the potential

before the aftermath album he had guys like bud'da, stu-b-doo, glove and camara kambon. i think it was a nice era. i still love it but that was something missing. bud'da was the key of that era and dre's right hand man (he is still in my top 5 producer list) but dre realised that era and vibe won't work.

before 2001 he gave bud'da's seat to mel-man and scott storch. he still had camara kambon. it was a move to invent a new vibe and to create the best hiphop album of all time.

after 2001 he didnt let scott storch to go anywhere, slowly broke up with mel-man, added mike elizondo and ron feemster (neff-u) to the team and it worked so well with eminem's, xzibit's, 50 cent's, the game's albums.

later he stopped working with scott storch, ron, mel-man and teamed up with guys named dawaun parker, mark batson, trevor lawrence. mike elizondo was still the right hand man of dr. dre. and this is the period he executive prodced encore, relapse, big bang and others which we can certainly say "it wasnt working enough" and dre was loosing his domination in industry.

now he has focus as the right hand man, trevor lawrence, dem jointz, dewaun parker, blu2th, fredwreck in the team. they produced compton album. they produced 3 songs in eminem's last album. they produced paak's cheers album. dr. dre and focus also mixed paak's grammy winning album ventura. by the way we can't see dre credited as producer much anymore. he doesn't produce for kendrick, he rarely produce for eminem. he produced a few for paak and they were disapointment. so we can definately say that this team is not working, not at all. there is a missing link again and i think dr. dre is waiting for it. because everybody says dr. dre is always in the studio and they are always producing. so we can say that dre is not satisfied to release any shit because he knows its not working yet. i hope he will get rid of some guys who pulls him down and find a new right hand man can push dre up.

dnjp4life

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 05:19:38 AM »
You have to wonder what they are all working on.  I noticed on Focus's account someone enquired about the nature of all these studio sessions and he replied 'be patient with us' or words to that effect.

Imagine this, I know it's kinda ridiculous to speculate, but how mad would it be if these guys were retrospectively going over the music recorded during Dre's Detox sessions of 2006-2010 or whatever it was.  Let's say that there's got to be a lot of incredible material recorded during that time (even if Dre doesn't/didn't think so), and these guys along with Dre are going over it with fresh ears and minds, maybe tweaking some of the production to make it sound better, getting some new verses in from the usual suspects that are superior to what they originally laid down. 

Wishful thinking obviously, but all these sessions and Dre's co-producers being coy everytime someone asks what's going down in the studio does make you think what the deal really is.

Okka

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 03:32:06 AM »
he forgot to mention Fredwreck.

by the way this production team is the reason why dr. dre cant create a new era and cant produce anything catches today's generations interest.

before chronic he had guys like daz, warren and the glove. those guys helped dre to raise the potential

before the aftermath album he had guys like bud'da, stu-b-doo, glove and camara kambon. i think it was a nice era. i still love it but that was something missing. bud'da was the key of that era and dre's right hand man (he is still in my top 5 producer list) but dre realised that era and vibe won't work.

before 2001 he gave bud'da's seat to mel-man and scott storch. he still had camara kambon. it was a move to invent a new vibe and to create the best hiphop album of all time.

after 2001 he didnt let scott storch to go anywhere, slowly broke up with mel-man, added mike elizondo and ron feemster (neff-u) to the team and it worked so well with eminem's, xzibit's, 50 cent's, the game's albums.

later he stopped working with scott storch, ron, mel-man and teamed up with guys named dawaun parker, mark batson, trevor lawrence. mike elizondo was still the right hand man of dr. dre. and this is the period he executive prodced encore, relapse, big bang and others which we can certainly say "it wasnt working enough" and dre was loosing his domination in industry.

now he has focus as the right hand man, trevor lawrence, dem jointz, dewaun parker, blu2th, fredwreck in the team. they produced compton album. they produced 3 songs in eminem's last album. they produced paak's cheers album. dr. dre and focus also mixed paak's grammy winning album ventura. by the way we can't see dre credited as producer much anymore. he doesn't produce for kendrick, he rarely produce for eminem. he produced a few for paak and they were disapointment. so we can definately say that this team is not working, not at all. there is a missing link again and i think dr. dre is waiting for it. because everybody says dr. dre is always in the studio and they are always producing. so we can say that dre is not satisfied to release any shit because he knows its not working yet. i hope he will get rid of some guys who pulls him down and find a new right hand man can push dre up.

It was Colin Wolfe who made the beats of "The Chronic" with Dre. Not Daz or Warren. Warren G brought Dre some samples.

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 03:38:10 PM »
daz did a few beats, warren brought samples as you said and yes colin wolfe had a big role as main musician. my fault i missed to name him.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »
out of them names, i fux wit focus the most.....

parker and dem jointz been workin wit dre for a minute now...not too sure about trevor lawrence tho

add battlecat to the list, as well....he was just on IG sending Dre beat

Okka

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 08:47:43 AM »
daz did a few beats, warren brought samples as you said and yes colin wolfe had a big role as main musician. my fault i missed to name him.

Daz did drum programming on "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat", but that's about it. He never claimed he did anythin' on the album.

www.waxpoetics.com/blog/features/articles/musician-colin-wolfe-speaks-building-beats-dr-dre/

Hittman2001

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 09:02:05 AM »

i found this originally scrolling through bx

starting at 9:30, makes me wonder what he is speaking of.

Orbyte

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 09:02:59 AM »
Chris the glover taylor did some interviews lately and they're on youtube. In some of them he said that he's working with Dre on a few "secret projects".

(At 02:05:09 min)

The following users thanked this post: kingsol81

Jay_J

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 03:07:08 PM »

Daz did drum programming on "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat", but that's about it. He never claimed he did anythin' on the album.

www.waxpoetics.com/blog/features/articles/musician-colin-wolfe-speaks-building-beats-dr-dre/

enjoyed a lot reading the interview but as i know daz claims he did more for chronic. also colin says daz was always in the room with dre working together in chronic session.

jaytee

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »

i found this originally scrolling through bx

starting at 9:30, makes me wonder what he is speaking of.

In the video you posted, D.O.C. mentions knowing what the King of Kings really means now.

Dre and Kanye have been linked together in a follow up to "Jesus is King"

The upcoming project could be that collaboration.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 04:12:32 AM »

enjoyed a lot reading the interview but as i know daz claims he did more for chronic. also colin says daz was always in the room with dre working together in chronic session.

What has Daz said he produced? You got any links?

mtbsm

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »

What has Daz said he produced? You got any links?

This one comes to mind