3 (60%)
No
2 (40%)
Why
0 (0%)
Why Not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Are You In Support Of Black Lives Matter? Opening Post Has Been Modified  (Read 1878 times)

Cubic Zirconia

Cultural identity aside I wanna do a poll of who supports BLM and why/why not

I personally fail to see how we can be on a website that caters to predominantly Black art, a genre in particular that has lessened the extent of poverty for many artists and their families not to mention communities and NOT support BLM?

(I'm modifying this post and want to point out that just as some of you in the comments have, I've employed a stereotype in my opening remarks. To assume that all people who enter the Rap industry solely to overcome poverty paints a picture of destitute poverty which infact is not the case. Yes many artists come from humble beginnings but I'll be damned. Both my parents worked till their late 60's and my mother still rents a property. None of my immediate siblings are well off and I'm technically homeless. But we don't generally associate a low economic status with caucasian culture or if we do not to the same extent we do other cultures)

What are your driving aspirations for BLM? What affinity do you have for the movement? What do you think is achievable?

End To Police Brutality
Eradicate Prejudice Politics
Etc:
(I really should have elaborated on the key ambitions seeing as most of the comments suggest an assumption of "inequity" in BLM seeking EQUALITY. That said, do your own fuckin research and once you've armed yourself with the ACTUAL objectives, get back to me about all this "BLM is racist" "BLM want MORE than the white man" bullshit which is absurd on the face of it)

What disadvantages do you think BLM face and what roadblocks do you think they'll encounter?

I think many of you in the comments have reiterated the kind of opposition BLM has, does and will face.

I've been following the movement since 2016 and have seen much progress made. Support grow.
Just tonight it was announced that David Duke has been banned from YouTube among other vocal racists for hate speech. This is progress and considering it's becoming apparent NOW I believe we owe BLM our gratitude and support.

I'm passionate about this movement and being that BLM advocates for a fairer more just society for all I fail to see any argument against.

Thoughts?

(And for all you crackers in the comments bitchin bout BLM I'll quote Talib Kweli who may have been quoting someone else "When you're privileged, equality feels like oppression"

If any of you felt at all dismayed by inequality, prejudice, racism or the resulting effect of living with such you'd jump on board and stop bitching bout your own selfish agenda.

BLM is a global movement.
BLM are an inclusive and compassionate movement.
BLM ARE NOT YOUR WHIPPING BOY.
BLM are the Civil Rights Movement of the 21st century, BUILDING on the foundations layed before and making headway. Either get with the times or get out the way.

Now that I've had my rant, feel free to keep debating the existence, livelihood, quality of life of those who identify differently than you culturally and the resulting atrocities committed in the name of White supremacy of which NONE of you have tackled nor identified besides Sccit who I'm still on the fence about.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 09:47:05 PM by Ebony BONeZ »

Sikotic™

Re: Are You In Support Of Black Lives Matter?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 08:54:13 PM »
No because I don't support racist organizations.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:43:21 AM »

how are they racist? against white people??

Cubic Zirconia

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 10:39:45 PM »

You must be a redneck coz no-one else would be that STOOPID!

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 03:06:18 AM »

Having an opinion that does not match yours or that of the mainstream media (which is bankrolled by the political party that enslaved our ancestors) does not make me a redneck or "STOOPID" as you so eloquently put it. Answer me this: do you think MLK would be down with BLM? Do you think his message aligns with the ideals of BLM? I'll let you think about it for a bit.

They are racist because they are no better than the Ku Klux Klan. What does the KKK preach? They believe white people are better than any other ethnic group. There's no equality in that right?

So now if you look at the core values of BLM, an organization that gets angry if you do not value their lives above all others. An organization that wants you and anyone else non-black to pay them back for slavery which is something no one alive has participated in and no one alive has endured. Why the fuck would you owe me money? Just look at this past week: we got a fucking black national anthem now in the NFL. If that isn't the definition of racism then what is? lol. Nothing about this organization preaches equality or fairness.

BLM isn't even really against white people exclusively. I mean, white people probably make up the majority of BLM. That's because the white guilt is strong especially in those who had their brains and morals rotted by their professors in a university. Keep in mind these are the same "progressives" that wanna tell you same sex marriage is completely natural and trannies are "brave" as opposed to being mentally ill.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 12:59:44 PM »
BLM can not articulate their platform, and the best they can do is try to borrow and espouse ideas of past revolutionaries and then claim that "ain't shit changed".

Well shit has changed... And this is not the same America as it was in the slavery era, it's not the same America is was during the Black Revolutionary days of the Panthers, NOI, and Malcolm X.  This is not even the same America as the late 80's, early 90's NWA/2pac dayz...... Shit done changed! 

Pac rapped, "Though it seems heaven sent, we ain't ready to have a black president!"   Because even up until the 90's it was almost inconceivable that a black man could get voted into office in this country.

Shit.... done... changed.

Get a new platform.  You can't keep using the same, old ideas of 60's revolutionaries and abolitionists.   
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 10:50:50 PM »
BLM can not articulate their platform, and the best they can do is try to borrow and espouse ideas of past revolutionaries and then claim that "ain't shit changed".

Well shit has changed... And this is not the same America as it was in the slavery era, it's not the same America is was during the Black Revolutionary days of the Panthers, NOI, and Malcolm X.  This is not even the same America as the late 80's, early 90's NWA/2pac dayz...... Shit done changed! 

Pac rapped, "Though it seems heaven sent, we ain't ready to have a black president!"   Because even up until the 90's it was almost inconceivable that a black man could get voted into office in this country.

Get a new platform.  You can't keep using the same, old ideas of 60's revolutionaries and abolitionists.   
Co-sign as they say around here.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »

Having an opinion that does not match yours or that of the mainstream media (which is bankrolled by the political party that enslaved our ancestors) does not make me a redneck or "STOOPID" as you so eloquently put it. Answer me this: do you think MLK would be down with BLM? Do you think his message aligns with the ideals of BLM? I'll let you think about it for a bit.

They are racist because they are no better than the Ku Klux Klan. What does the KKK preach? They believe white people are better than any other ethnic group. There's no equality in that right?

So now if you look at the core values of BLM, an organization that gets angry if you do not value their lives above all others. An organization that wants you and anyone else non-black to pay them back for slavery which is something no one alive has participated in and no one alive has endured. Why the fuck would you owe me money? Just look at this past week: we got a fucking black national anthem now in the NFL. If that isn't the definition of racism then what is? lol. Nothing about this organization preaches equality or fairness.

BLM isn't even really against white people exclusively. I mean, white people probably make up the majority of BLM. That's because the white guilt is strong especially in those who had their brains and morals rotted by their professors in a university. Keep in mind these are the same "progressives" that wanna tell you same sex marriage is completely natural and trannies are "brave" as opposed to being mentally ill.

i can tell you been hanging around a lot of conservative white folks... probably hardcore trump supporters who swear by candace owens. matter of fact, your post reads exactly like something candace owens would spew.

honestly, if you compare blm to kkk, then you are far beyond reasoning with.... while i’m not saying blm is without flaw, there is a clear distinction.

the klan was created to oppress non-whites, while blm was created to combat that oppression.

if you think white supremacy hasn’t affected the way the common white person sees a black person, look no further than what just happen earlier today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ho2xgf/karen_calls_police_on_man_sitting_in_his_car/?utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=3fdca81e584b480ca1cf84ee0126f3e3&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=ho2xgf

and you know as well as i do that this woulda went completely different if the guy was white.. now magnify this times 100 when it comes to things like job interviews, getting pulled over, applying for loans, etc. so yea, that’s why blm exists and why there’s no movement needed for white people, considering they don’t live their life facing these same injustices. blm is an organization created to give black people equality. the kkk is an organization created to give white people supremacy. if there was no kkk, there would be no need for blm. you should know better. you’ll get your wake up call eventually.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 02:11:25 PM »

on one hand u wanna say the government is pullin the wool over the sheeples eyes......and then on the other hand u wana deny systemic racism exists because obama was president lolllll.

obama was placed in office by racist liberals who pretend to be the black man’s friend to keep them at bay by using pawns. now your average black person is content in their state of inequality, happy that more projects are being built. did you know obama (along with many democrats) literally co-signed a former klan leader who was in office for 50+ years based on party affiliation?

so if the white people who hold the power put someone like obama “in charge” to keep black people in their state of hypnosis, some1 who claims to be hip to the bullshit like you should be the last one falling for it.

a lot of black folks claim shit was even better pre-civil rights, when black people had their own shit and weren’t forced to beg the “superior” white man for a piece of their pie.

you live in lala land homie. if you wana be a conspiracy theorist and you only pick one side of it, shit makes u look like you’re pushing a white nationalist agenda tbh. now all the coons and white supremacists fux wit u heavy, but be careful.. those ain’t the muthafuckaz u want on your side, cuz now u ain’t nothin more than a culture vulture in the eyes of reality.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 02:22:20 PM »
Anybody who says we live in an equal society for all races is naive, ignorant or both. I speak on this from first hand experience going to high school in a mostly white town right after 9/11. Racism exists period. You can’t deny that. And to say that we’ve changed so things are ok now is one of the weakest arguments you can have. A lot has changed. A lot of things have improved but to be complacent and say oh we’ve come a long way so we’re good now is weak mentality. You must always strive to better yourself and your community and to me I feel like a lot of you are either not sensitive enough to see what’s really going on or you’ve become immune and don’t see it

The following users thanked this post: Ebony Bree Caple

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 01:27:52 AM »

i can tell you been hanging around a lot of conservative white folks... probably hardcore trump supporters who swear by candace owens. matter of fact, your post reads exactly like something candace owens would spew.

honestly, if you compare blm to kkk, then you are far beyond reasoning with.... while i’m not saying blm is without flaw, there is a clear distinction.

the klan was created to oppress non-whites, while blm was created to combat that oppression.

if you think white supremacy hasn’t affected the way the common white person sees a black person, look no further than what just happen earlier today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ho2xgf/karen_calls_police_on_man_sitting_in_his_car/?utm_content=body&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=3fdca81e584b480ca1cf84ee0126f3e3&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=ho2xgf

and you know as well as i do that this woulda went completely different if the guy was white.. now magnify this times 100 when it comes to things like job interviews, getting pulled over, applying for loans, etc. so yea, that’s why blm exists and why there’s no movement needed for white people, considering they don’t live their life facing these same injustices. blm is an organization created to give black people equality. the kkk is an organization created to give white people supremacy. if there was no kkk, there would be no need for blm. you should know better. you’ll get your wake up call eventually.
I live in the same area as you, man. There are no white conservatives or Trump supporters around here. I don't understand why if an opinion does not meet the status quo some people have to make these assumptions. I'm not a politician.

I'm looking around and having a hard time finding this white supremacy you speak of. I can't speak for you or anyone else, but the white man is not holding me down. I've been to job interviews this year. I've applied to and received a loan last year. I haven't been pulled over in like 3-4 years. Again, these are my experiences and I can't speak on your behalf or anyone else.

There is racism. There will always be racism. Not just against black people. There's racism against Asians, Latinos, Jews, Arabs, Persians, etc. Why is racism against black people such a big deal though?

It's because many African Americans are not accountable for their actions or lack there of. Many of us want to completely ignore the issues in the black community that is causing their socioeconomic issues and they would rather play victim. Children without father figures. Lack of emphasis on owning businesses in your own community. Emphasis on wanting to be a ball player or musician instead of focusing on education and acquiring life skills. Murder and violence amongst each other. These issues have nothing to do with racism. How come Asian communities, Middle Eastern communities, Jewish communities and a lot of immigrant communities that I'm leaving out do not have these issues? They don't play victim and hang on to some shit that does not exist anymore like slavery, Jim Crow laws, etc. They work their asses off and instill values in their children to give them the keys to becoming successful. The majority of the black community does not do that.

It's time for us to stop playing victim. Racism/Karens are not going to go away. BLM is fanning the flames and creating more of a divide. They do not want equality. Instead they just want to shift the balance in their favor. That's what the KKK want as well which is why I still stick to that comparison.

I'll wait for my wake up call to change my mind though. Not sure what that means lol

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »
I live in the same area as you, man. There are no white conservatives or Trump supporters around here. I don't understand why if an opinion does not meet the status quo some people have to make these assumptions. I'm not a politician.

I'm looking around and having a hard time finding this white supremacy you speak of. I can't speak for you or anyone else, but the white man is not holding me down. I've been to job interviews this year. I've applied to and received a loan last year. I haven't been pulled over in like 3-4 years. Again, these are my experiences and I can't speak on your behalf or anyone else.

There is racism. There will always be racism. Not just against black people. There's racism against Asians, Latinos, Jews, Arabs, Persians, etc. Why is racism against black people such a big deal though?

It's because many African Americans are not accountable for their actions or lack there of. Many of us want to completely ignore the issues in the black community that is causing their socioeconomic issues and they would rather play victim. Children without father figures. Lack of emphasis on owning businesses in your own community. Emphasis on wanting to be a ball player or musician instead of focusing on education and acquiring life skills. Murder and violence amongst each other. These issues have nothing to do with racism. How come Asian communities, Middle Eastern communities, Jewish communities and a lot of immigrant communities that I'm leaving out do not have these issues? They don't play victim and hang on to some shit that does not exist anymore like slavery, Jim Crow laws, etc. They work their asses off and instill values in their children to give them the keys to becoming successful. The majority of the black community does not do that.

It's time for us to stop playing victim. Racism/Karens are not going to go away. BLM is fanning the flames and creating more of a divide. They do not want equality. Instead they just want to shift the balance in their favor. That's what the KKK want as well which is why I still stick to that comparison.

I'll wait for my wake up call to change my mind though. Not sure what that means lol

Bro, lets be real....theres a gang of right wing conservatives where we live. Of course, California in general is majority liberal, but u lyin if u say you havent ran across your stereotypical white trash trump supporter out here.

Now you're applying yourself to the situation....keep it a buck, you don't really fit the profile of a black dude. First of all, you're biracial, so you automatically have that advantage. Second of all, you favor your middle-eastern side. Do you think if the dude in the video I posted applied for a loan or went in to a job interview that he would have the same chances of succeeding as you? The answer is no.

This is not really up for debate...My aunt is a loan agent and she confirmed that her boss told her not to give out home loans to black people, because they are "lazy and never pay their mortgage, plus are extremely hard to evict". This epidemic applies to renting, leasing, everything- look into the Donald Sterling housing case. It's not just a case by case basis either, it's on an institutional level.

You point out all the flaws in the black community, but you're pretty much insinuating that black people are like that because they're "less than" whites, or Asians, or Jews, etc.....This is prime cooning and you're falling into the white man's trap bruh. Your fundamental flaw in that line of thinking is your failure to acknowledge that black people were placed under these circumstances due to years of oppression and systematically being forced into certain situations by the people at the top. Are you familiar with redlining? Are you familiar with the disproportionate sentencing for black people compared to whites for the same crime? Are you familiar with the crack epidemic which was proven to be a ploy to suppress black folks? No other race was ever governmentally forced into these situations, so it's a poor and extremely lazy comparison. Here is redlining simplified:

Sure, there's racism everywhere...no doubt about it. Racists exist in every race, religion, and creed. But in this country, the racism towards black folks has historically hindered them, and there is tons of undeniable evidence. All you gotta do to see it is open your eyes. If you deny systemic racism, you are extremely gullible and put far too much faith in the people runnin shit. You're content in your current situation, so there's no reason for you to dig deeper (not that you really need to, most of this is in plain sight)..but you have no will to see it, because the people you surround yourself with generally aren't affected by it. It's naive at best and disingenuous at worst.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 10:55:50 PM »

on one hand u wanna say the government is pullin the wool over the sheeples eyes......and then on the other hand u wana deny systemic racism exists because obama was president lolllll.

obama was placed in office by racist liberals who pretend to be the black man’s friend to keep them at bay by using pawns. now your average black person is content in their state of inequality, happy that more projects are being built. did you know obama (along with many democrats) literally co-signed a former klan leader who was in office for 50+ years based on party affiliation?

so if the white people who hold the power put someone like obama “in charge” to keep black people in their state of hypnosis, some1 who claims to be hip to the bullshit like you should be the last one falling for it.

a lot of black folks claim shit was even better pre-civil rights, when black people had their own shit and weren’t forced to beg the “superior” white man for a piece of their pie.

you live in lala land homie. if you wana be a conspiracy theorist and you only pick one side of it, shit makes u look like you’re pushing a white nationalist agenda tbh. now all the coons and white supremacists fux wit u heavy, but be careful.. those ain’t the muthafuckaz u want on your side, cuz now u ain’t nothin more than a culture vulture in the eyes of reality.

Funny how you wanna make it out like if I don't support BLM then I am a "culture-vulture".  There's a difference between hip-hop culture of the 80's, 90's and culture in the black community today.  I am a representative of 80's, 90's hip-hop culture.  There's a difference between wanting to be down with hip-hop culture and just wanting to fit in with black people.

That's some real wigger shit right there.  That makes it sound like you're supporting BLM just because you want to fit in with black people and have them like you.  Black people are not monolithic Sccit.  Many of them don't support BLM.

You need some perspective of scale cause you got in wrong in the case of BLM and in the case of COVID.  Even if we believe the CDC's fraudelent numbers, 130,000 deaths actually ain't shit in a country of 400 Million!!   It is impossible in a country of 400 Million and 50 States that you are never going to have an incident of police brutality, racism, or somebody get sick with a virus.   

Yeah, like Doggy said, we should always fight to do better.  But how you fight is what matters.  Any idiot can go tear shit down, that is the creativity of dumb people.  But who can build? 

Infinite is a master-builder and Infinite has spoken!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 10:58:51 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 11:36:34 PM »

Funny how you wanna make it out like if I don't support BLM then I am a "culture-vulture".  There's a difference between hip-hop culture of the 80's, 90's and culture in the black community today.  I am a representative of 80's, 90's hip-hop culture.  There's a difference between wanting to be down with hip-hop culture and just wanting to fit in with black people.

That's some real wigger shit right there.  That makes it sound like you're supporting BLM just because you want to fit in with black people and have them like you.  Black people are not monolithic Sccit.  Many of them don't support BLM.

You need some perspective of scale cause you got in wrong in the case of BLM and in the case of COVID.  Even if we believe the CDC's fraudelent numbers, 130,000 deaths actually ain't shit in a country of 400 Million!!   It is impossible in a country of 400 Million and 50 States that you are never going to have an incident of police brutality, racism, or somebody get sick with a virus.   

Yeah, like Doggy said, we should always fight to do better.  But how you fight is what matters.  Any idiot can go tear shit down, that is the creativity of dumb people.  But who can build? 

Infinite is a master-builder and Infinite has spoken!!

im just letting you know that you’re using white supremacist talking points, whether you realize it or not

that’s the reality of the situation .... some1 supporting the fundamental purpose of blm doesn’t make them a “wigger”

denying the systemic oppression of black folks while at the same time claiming the government is pulling a fast one on us with covid-19 shows me u just pick n choose when to believe the people at the top are using their power with evil intention

you claim to be 90s hip-hop... all the legends u ever looked up to would echo these exact sentiments. pac, nas, snoop, cube, dre. so in essence, you claim to be down for 90s hip-hop, but really youre just down for the music and entertainment, not the muthafuckaz behind the mic who put in that work.

and that’s a FACT.

Cubic Zirconia

Re: Are You In Support Of Black Lives Matter? Opening Post Has Been Modified
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 02:35:10 PM »
Many of the comments here reiterate the same narrative commonly espoused by people who would rather a "Shut up and grin" attitude than actual progress.
BLM are making headway.
I hear you scapegoating Civil Rights activists for your own selfish agenda. You do realise Malcolm X, Andrew Goodman & MLK were considered radical in their day too right? Infact X still is. Just because YOU don't want to protest because you think there's nothing in it for YOU doesn't mean everyone else has it that good. There's progress to be made. John Lewis, Rest His Soul, gave his life for the movement and was arrested over 40 times. Sometimes change calls for a little trouble. You'll listen to Dub C and Daz Or Snoop and Dre talkin bout causing trouble all day. Maybe you should bump a little BLM.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2oCgMCzEzefN8hubsgrzZh?si=Nkt_PrXNQ8yAMCjS_OpcLA
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 02:36:46 PM by Ebony BONeZ »