Poll

Your Fav. Snoop Dogg Album? Excluding "Doggystyle"!

Tha Doggfather
5 (14.3%)
Smokefest
0 (0%)
Da Game Is To Be Told Not To Be Sold
0 (0%)
No Limit Top Dogg
12 (34.3%)
Tha Last Meal
15 (42.9%)
Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Bo$$
0 (0%)
R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece
1 (2.9%)
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
2 (5.7%)
Ego Trippin'
0 (0%)
Malice N Wonderland
0 (0%)
Doggumentary
0 (0%)
Reincarnated
0 (0%)
7 Days Of Funk
0 (0%)
Bush
0 (0%)
Coolaid
0 (0%)
Neva Left
0 (0%)
Bible Of Love
0 (0%)
I Wanna Thank Me
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Your Favourite Snoop Dogg album (excluding Doggystyle)  (Read 1985 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: Your Favourite Snoop Dogg album (excluding Doggystyle)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 05:15:48 AM »
I chose Tha Last Meal but No Limit Top Dogg is up there too

Last Meal/BCT and I’ve been bumping a lot of Neva Left and I Wanna Thank Me lately. His catalog has aged well

I agree his whole catalog is underrated

hitsaw

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2020, 05:55:40 AM »
Snoop has a lot of dope albums, only 3 I don’t like, reincarnated, bush and bible of love. Maybe not the most lyrical rapper but he knows how to make dope music!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 08:43:20 AM »
how the hell did Top Dogg get 9 votes?

:o

Cuzz it’s the best one after Doggystyle!  Dawg, just taking your age, u would’ve had to come around to hip hop during  the West resurgence movement... well let me tell u something... it was that Top Dogg album that spearheaded the whole West resurgence movement.  It was Snoops comeback album, coming back to the West, back to Dre—and it was “Bitch Please” that really was a game-changer to bring things back West.  Dre supplies Snoop with 3 certified bangers that we’re right in line with Dre’s comeback album as well.

Then Meach got a banger on there “Heat Goes Boom”, Quiks got production on there, and it plays beginning to end.

I knew u would say Doggfather was best but yo... if you was older enough u would’ve felt the brick Doggfather was, PAC dead, Suge in jail, and Dre’s album didn’t blow... the West was all riding on Snoop and he ain’t deliver...

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 10:02:37 AM »
how the hell did Top Dogg get 9 votes?

:o

Cuzz it’s the best one after Doggystyle!  Dawg, just taking your age, u would’ve had to come around to hip hop during  the West resurgence movement... well let me tell u something... it was that Top Dogg album that spearheaded the whole West resurgence movement.  It was Snoops comeback album, coming back to the West, back to Dre—and it was “Bitch Please” that really was a game-changer to bring things back West.  Dre supplies Snoop with 3 certified bangers that we’re right in line with Dre’s comeback album as well.

Then Meach got a banger on there “Heat Goes Boom”, Quiks got production on there, and it plays beginning to end.

I knew u would say Doggfather was best but yo... if you was older enough u would’ve felt the brick Doggfather was, PAC dead, Suge in jail, and Dre’s album didn’t blow... the West was all riding on Snoop and he ain’t deliver...

i’m not saying top dogg isn’t qualified

i’m saying it doesn’t feel like 9 people in here picked it based on the replies

and tha last meal has always been generally considered better by the consensus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 03:51:14 PM »

Yeah but I think that has something to do with the timeline.  I'm guessing a lot of cats at this forum really got in with the "2001" album, so they were all in by the time the Last Meal came about.  So they may have missed out on what a big deal it was for Snoop to come back strong with Top Dogg. 

That said, it is a tough call between Last Meal or Top Dogg.  Last Meal, Snoop had the whole Dogghouse extended fam really strong behind him and they were riding the wave at the time and in a good zone. 

...since it's a close call I got to go with Top Dogg because of the timing of it all, and how important that album was to reset the orientation of the hip-hop nation back West  8) 8)

In fact, was just bumping Eastsidaz this weekend and remembering how great that album was top to bottom and how strong the team was behind Snoop for that album, and Snoop as a leader.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 09:40:32 PM »

Yeah but I think that has something to do with the timeline.  I'm guessing a lot of cats at this forum really got in with the "2001" album, so they were all in by the time the Last Meal came about.  So they may have missed out on what a big deal it was for Snoop to come back strong with Top Dogg. 

That said, it is a tough call between Last Meal or Top Dogg.  Last Meal, Snoop had the whole Dogghouse extended fam really strong behind him and they were riding the wave at the time and in a good zone. 

...since it's a close call I got to go with Top Dogg because of the timing of it all, and how important that album was to reset the orientation of the hip-hop nation back West  8) 8)

In fact, was just bumping Eastsidaz this weekend and remembering how great that album was top to bottom and how strong the team was behind Snoop for that album, and Snoop as a leader.

in terms of straight music, doggfather, top dogg, and last meal were all on the same level.....i aint mad at any1 pickin either one of those. but like u said, doggfather was a huge disappointment for every1 expecting a doggystyle 2 (kinda like how compton was disappointing to those expecting another 2001)......i rate it purely from a quality perspective tho. in retrospect doggfather is a near classic (along wit top dogg and last meal).

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »

in terms of straight music, doggfather, top dogg, and last meal were all on the same level.....i aint mad at any1 pickin either one of those. but like u said, doggfather was a huge disappointment for every1 expecting a doggystyle 2 (kinda like how compton was disappointing to those expecting another 2001)......i rate it purely from a quality perspective tho. in retrospect doggfather is a near classic (along wit top dogg and last meal).

Objectively I agree... but anytime I start bumping the Doggfather album it’s like the sky becomes gloomy and I poured my cereal and then didn’t have enough milk... bad memories resurfacing...

Some may remember how 7 Day Theory mysteriously dropped a week before Snoops album.  Snoop was getting all the promotion and anticipation and PAC just dropped out of nowhere and under a different name.  At least in Kansas City the single “Live and Die In L.A.” had not even came out they were still playing “I Ain’t Mad At Cha”. 

I can’t describe how eerie it was the way that album dropped and just stumbling upon it that weekend at the record store.  The album literally sounded like PAC speaking from the other side, still haunting and getting the final word on all his enemies.  Legendary. 

Snoops Doggfather a week later sounded soft trying to follow...

doggfather

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 12:22:08 AM »
wait for the snoop v dmx battle!  8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2020, 07:15:15 AM »
1. The Last Meal
2. The Blue Carpet Treatment
3. Tha Doggfather
4. Paid The Cost 2 Be Da Boss

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 11:31:00 PM »
Topp Dogg was dope, great features and we got Snoop back with Dre. Tha Last Meal was a notch better with the production and Snoop lyrically was so in pocket.

dnjp4life

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 06:42:42 AM »
I enjoyed the Blue Carpet Treatment album a lot when it came out, and still do, but the sound does jump around a lot.  Ego Trippin is cool but I don't revisit it as much as the other Snoop albums.

Neva Left is good but to me is more like a mixtape.

Looking at the tracklist to Top Dogg now it actually looks like a stronger album than Last Meal.  If I could I would remove tracks like Trust Me, In Love With A Thug and Ghetto Symphony to make it even better.  The Last Meal likewise is let down by some weak tracks that come in a row at the end of the album.

You could easily make a three-disc Snoop Greatest Hits album filled front to back with great tracks from basically every album he's ever done.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 09:38:34 AM »
7 Days of Funk is so underrated

Coolaid too

them 2 albums never get mentioned on here

doggfather

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »
7 days aint a solo album thats why.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2020, 10:35:16 AM »
7 days aint a solo album thats why.

yea it is

i consider any producer-rapper collabo a solo

unless you wanna say doggystyle isn’t a solo album?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »
7 Days of Funk is so underrated

Coolaid too

them 2 albums never get mentioned on here

I actually really liked the Snoop Lion Reincarnation album/documentary project a lot, but people don’t talk about that one anymore.