Author Topic: Snoop Dogg on breakfast club, about Eminem( video)  (Read 807 times)

Westdog

Snoop Dogg on breakfast club, about Eminem( video)
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:49:26 AM »

Wtf Snoop?
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

HighEyeCue

Re: Snoop Dogg on breakfast club, about Eminem( video)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:07:29 AM »
as much as I've lost respect for Snoop over the years he is entitled to his own opinion

nothing wrong with the rappers he mentioned

The following users thanked this post: Okka

mtbsm

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 07:55:05 AM »
Em a different genre on his own, for real. Kind of like Drake in a way. Long ass albums often filled with a lot of stuff people could do without. If he condensed the albums a bit (kind of like he did on Kamikaze) he might connect better with a Snoop, but fact of the matter is Snoop's list is Snoop's list and more relatable to him. Plus, Snoops musical influences outside of rap are much different than Em's. Soul and R&B won't lead you to Eminem.

All that aside, there seems to be a shade of envy on Snoop's part. Maybe cause Em and Dre been super solid from day 1? Not sure, but he seems to go out of his way to take little shots here and there.

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 09:40:24 AM »
I remember back @ ‘02 they interviewed Snoop and asked him about Eminem.
And he said he didn’t listened to his music becuz he (Snoop) was a gangsta.

kuruptlon

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 12:29:40 PM »

Are you talking about this interview Nima did here and asked him about how Round Here used the same sample as Stan? I always felt like there was some animosity there. First he says he didn't think of Stan when he heard the beat because he doesn't listen to Eminem, then he goes on to imitate the sound and subject matter of the song.

It just seemed like he went out of his way to slight Eminem on this when he could have just said "yeah they share the same sample, but they're completely different songs". As an earlier post pointed out, could have something to do with his relationship with Dre.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg07/part3/

Dubcnn: Then we get to the next Dre record, which is “Round Here”. When I heard the beat I was like “Damn, I know this sample from somewhere!” It sounded real similar to Eminem’s beat for “Stan”.

Not to me! When I first heard it, I didn’t think about “Stan”. I don’t listen to Eminem records, no disrespect to him, but I don’t listen to Eminem’s records. I’m a gangsta.

Dubcnn: It had the same sample that's used for Eminem’s beat.

I can’t tell! “Stan” was talking about a fan, somebody that is a groupie on Eminem’s dick, that’s writing him letters and all kind of shit, dreaming of being him. My shit is “Round Here”, gangsta shit!

Dubcnn: I was just saying that the beat used the same sample..

Well, that’s Dr. Dre! He’s a producer, why wouldn’t he use his shit? That’s his shit! Roger Troutman used the same sound on every beat he ever made! Barry White used the same sound on every beat he ever made!

Dubcnn: You got me wrong, I wasn’t criticizing the song homie…

No I’m just giving you, so you’ll know, so the viewers can know! A producer has a sound that’s identified with him. So that’s an identification that’s saying that Dr. Dre really put his hands on that track! I didn’t hear “Stan” on that song when I first heard it. That song didn’t remind of “Stan”, it made me wanna start talk shit about round here! It ain’t safe to leave the house, don’t fuck around round here! Niggas will put you in the ground, don’t fuck around round here! That’s what I was on! I wasn’t on no “Stan, write me a letter, I wanna come see you! You’re my favorite fan!” I wasn’t on that bullshit! I’m on gangsta shit homie!

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 06:10:53 PM »

Are you talking about this interview Nima did here and asked him about how Round Here used the same sample as Stan? I always felt like there was some animosity there. First he says he didn't think of Stan when he heard the beat because he doesn't listen to Eminem, then he goes on to imitate the sound and subject matter of the song.

It just seemed like he went out of his way to slight Eminem on this when he could have just said "yeah they share the same sample, but they're completely different songs". As an earlier post pointed out, could have something to do with his relationship with Dre.

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/snoopdogg07/part3/

Dubcnn: Then we get to the next Dre record, which is “Round Here”. When I heard the beat I was like “Damn, I know this sample from somewhere!” It sounded real similar to Eminem’s beat for “Stan”.

Not to me! When I first heard it, I didn’t think about “Stan”. I don’t listen to Eminem records, no disrespect to him, but I don’t listen to Eminem’s records. I’m a gangsta.

Dubcnn: It had the same sample that's used for Eminem’s beat.

I can’t tell! “Stan” was talking about a fan, somebody that is a groupie on Eminem’s dick, that’s writing him letters and all kind of shit, dreaming of being him. My shit is “Round Here”, gangsta shit!

Dubcnn: I was just saying that the beat used the same sample..

Well, that’s Dr. Dre! He’s a producer, why wouldn’t he use his shit? That’s his shit! Roger Troutman used the same sound on every beat he ever made! Barry White used the same sound on every beat he ever made!

Dubcnn: You got me wrong, I wasn’t criticizing the song homie…

No I’m just giving you, so you’ll know, so the viewers can know! A producer has a sound that’s identified with him. So that’s an identification that’s saying that Dr. Dre really put his hands on that track! I didn’t hear “Stan” on that song when I first heard it. That song didn’t remind of “Stan”, it made me wanna start talk shit about round here! It ain’t safe to leave the house, don’t fuck around round here! Niggas will put you in the ground, don’t fuck around round here! That’s what I was on! I wasn’t on no “Stan, write me a letter, I wanna come see you! You’re my favorite fan!” I wasn’t on that bullshit! I’m on gangsta shit homie!
Yup, this was it.
It was along time ago, i remember i bought Paid Da Cost to Be tha Boss after i bought 8 Mile soundtrack and the read this interview

soopa-man

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 07:00:08 PM »
I don’t think they’re styles match up, I don’t think EM’s style is easily as dissected even if he has been worldly been revered.
Some arguments are Em don’t bang in a club or a car.  And that shit is kinda true, but he don’t make that kind of music and when he does it don’t sound that well, as his style of music, personal tastes differ.
I loved My Name Is.. wasn’t crazy about Real Slim Shady but it blew the fuck up.  Loved Without Me, and that album but I couldn’t stand the Superman song/single. Loved 8 Mile soundtrack and his production after that.   But album and song wise Encore was terrible, Relapse was dope as fuck, but those accents really fucked it up a bit. Recovery was a mixed bag that was a Atomic bomb of a album and really cemented a return. But to me, he went backwards a bit more after that, very mixed feelings I’ve had I couldn’t sit through MMLP2 or Revival, and Kamikaze and MtBMB was pretty cool to me too, but the replay value has gone down with albums these days... I don’t see the push of him being the big artist he is... he could have put out more to support it...

I don’t know if it was a bad thing he said, but he was honest he said he is in a lot of peoples top 10 just not his.  And it’s true, so I don’t think it’s a big deal. If he would have said KRS One, no news... Em gets news only angle I see ..

thegooddoc

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »
That is a bad look for Snoop.  There was no need to even take the bait or talk about Eminem.  Just give Eminem his props and drop it.  There are so many rappers that could be in people's top 10's, he could have just named his and left it at that.

Snoop has had one hell of a career and his longevity has been phenomenal, but you have to think it bothers him that he is not even in the Top 10 discussion.  Damn Snoop might not even be in the discussion of the top-10 rappers that have worked with Dre.

In no particular order, these artists would all be ranked higher than Snoop.

1. Nas
2. Eminem
3. 2-Pac
4. Cube
5. D.O.C.
6. Kurupt
7. Raekwon
8. LL
9. Kendrick Lamar
10. KRS-One
11. Jay-Z

Gatz N Rozes

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 10:04:28 PM »
so i guess em aint his favorite white boy anymore (he said it on white boyz sndtrk), they did up in smoke tour & worked together (b pls 2) & now that?

Okka

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 10:53:29 PM »
This is just Snoop's opinion. He has admitted to being a hater in the past though.

Elko.

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 09:58:18 PM »
I was surprised to hear Snoop's opinion on Eminem and even more so after reading the comments on this thread.

While I don't think it's personal, it's understandable. Good for him for sharing his hot take.

mtbsm

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 02:44:16 PM »
His list is nice. All old school. Rakim, KRS, Run, DMC, Cube, Too Short, etc