Author Topic: Dogg Pound’s most underrated tracks? “Just Doggin” off Sunset Park...  (Read 3956 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Was with a friend who is 26 and I was bumping “Just Doggin” off Sunset Park soundtrack, dude wit me ain’t even a big rap fan and wasn’t around in 96’ was like goin ballistic over this track !!  He had me puttin the joint on repeat, downloaded, then was bumpin it in his own ride....

It’s a great cut... and probably one of Dogg Pounds most underrated.  It says produced by Daz but you got to think maybe Dre was in the building because Daz is like “can’t see my muthafuckin homie from the CPT” and then Nate is up in there singing about Dre (when ironically at the time of release news of Dre leaving Death Row was also making its rounds, in fact being a stupid 13 year old I actually thought they were dissing Dre “now he’s fucking up the whole rap industry”..

The synergy on this joint between Daz and Kurupt is flawless with Daz setting off melodic flows and Kurupt going straight  for the jugular, trading rhymes back and forth—this track is a killer.

Classic soundtrack all around—Pac joint, Wu joint, Mob Deep, Mc Lyte’s joint went #1 that year
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:12:03 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

classic joint

in fact, that entire 2002 album is underrated as fuck

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip

k1000

classic joint

the 2002 version is not the same as the original one released on Sunset Park OST.

HighEyeCue

no doubt classic joint and probably underrated because it wasn't on one of their studio albums

the 2002 version produced by Cold 187um I believe was ok but not nearly as dope

Sccit

classic joint

the 2002 version is not the same as the original one released on Sunset Park OST.

true

neither was every single day, but still dope

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
classic joint

The 2002 joint is wack in comparison to the o.g
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

classic joint

The 2002 joint is wack in comparison to the o.g

i agree the dre/daz version is better, but we sellin cold187um short by actin like his version ain’t fire as well

Sccit

anyone remember this ad for 2002 that claimed just doggin was produced by dre?

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

dj coma

The singles say that it was produced by Dre or produced Dre and Cold187um. The unreleased OG version (titled Mobbin with Tha Dogg Pound) was produced by Dre so that’s probably why they put that.

Sccit

The singles say that it was produced by Dre or produced Dre and Cold187um. The unreleased OG version (titled Mobbin with Tha Dogg Pound) was produced by Dre so that’s probably why they put that.

the unreleased og version used a diff beat than the sunset park
version?

dj coma

version?

It’s a different beat but also very similar. You haven’t heard it?

Sccit

version?

probably back when i used to download unreleased shit on here about 2 decades ago

but more importantly, that proves that dre indeed ghost produced the released version, just like he ghost produced a good portion of dogg food

dj coma

version?

probably back when i used to download unreleased shit on here about 2 decades ago

but more importantly, that proves that dre indeed ghost produced the released version, just like he ghost produced a good portion of dogg food

I think Daz remade the beat for the Sunset Park version. Not sure if would count that as Dre ghost producing, but I get what you mean.

Tha Crip

Re: Dogg Pound’s most underrated tracks? “Just Doggin” off Sunset Park...
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 04:53:03 PM »

version?

"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Okka

Re: Dogg Pound’s most underrated tracks? “Just Doggin” off Sunset Park...
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »
Off-topic, but did "Dogg Food" actually go triple platinum? I remember it sellin' two million copies, not three?