Author Topic: Dr. Dre & Nas In The Studio  (Read 3231 times)

TRAX (SFV)

Re: Dr. Dre & Nas In The Studio
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 05:06:28 PM »
Nas just dropped a new album King's Disease.  Dre has a few lines on the song Full Circle.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

dj coma

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 05:57:54 PM »
Dre is coming with new album.

is it a guess or u heard something?

Not a guess, Dre is working on an album. There will be some songs he made for his unrealeased album and some new.

When you say "unreleased album" are you referring to Detox or something post Compton and more recent?

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 12:42:05 AM »

Not a guess, Dre is working on an album. There will be some songs he made for his unrealeased album and some new.

When you say "unreleased album" are you referring to Detox or something post Compton and more recent?

Detox. That's why you see NAS in the studio, he had to "refresh" his vocals on the song they made back in the day. Slim wrote Dres verse and it's like referrence verse. Sly Peper is on the hook.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

The following users thanked this post: West$ide Boi, dj coma

Jay_J

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 02:26:02 AM »
I dont believe dre will release detox. If he is going to release something it will be like a compilation album as Compton. Dre needs a right hand man like yella, glove, budda, mel man... unfortunately focus is not that guy.

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 03:04:06 AM »
compton is a compilation?!?!?!? since when?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2020, 04:37:49 AM »
I dont believe dre will release detox. If he is going to release something it will be like a compilation album as Compton. Dre needs a right hand man like yella, glove, budda, mel man... unfortunately focus is not that guy.

I didn't said he's releasing Detox. I said he's going to use some of the material from that era and refresh it to fit in todays day and age, hence they're working on a song they already made back in the day. And you wont hear Dre's style from Compton, he's back with his old voice and style. And just to inform you, on of his main influences to do this is Focus... DOC and Xzibit.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

The following users thanked this post: West$ide Boi, dj coma

Jay_J

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 04:55:05 AM »

can you call "compton" a solo project?

mtbsm

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2020, 05:04:32 AM »

I didn't said he's releasing Detox. I said he's going to use some of the material from that era and refresh it to fit in todays day and age, hence they're working on a song they already made back in the day. And you wont hear Dre's style from Compton, he's back with his old voice and style. And just to inform you, on of his main influences to do this is Focus... DOC and Xzibit.

Your intel has always been spot on, thanks for sharing.

The following users thanked this post: LostAngel

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2020, 05:07:43 AM »

focus is a hard worker and very underrated musician. he is the most humble person i've seen in this music industry. whenever i write him on IG he always answered. if he is pushing dre to release a solo, i will just be thankful to him, but dre still have a right hand man that he can be a "duo" with him.

once i had chance to Blu2th. i asked him if Dre is going to release a solo, he answered "dre albums are never really solo, but yes". thats a trustworthy source, right?

so im expecting a project from dre but i feel like its going to sound like COMPTON or at least it wont sound like what we want him to bring back.

if he is going to let dem jointz, focus, khalil, and others to produce and he is just going to mix the projects... it will be another disapointment.

however i liked the way how dre sounds on compton. his rough vocal was BANANAS.

i hope dre put himself into it with everything he had. (if the news are true)

Jay_J

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2020, 05:12:36 AM »

Detox. That's why you see NAS in the studio, he had to "refresh" his vocals on the song they made back in the day. Slim wrote Dres verse and it's like referrence verse. Sly Peper is on the hook.

isn't Sly so overrated? if dre needs someone for the hooks, he has jewell, latoiya williams, butch cassidy, kokane, knoc-turn'al, marsha ambrosius, eminem... there is nothing special with sly i think.

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2020, 06:17:43 AM »

as 2001...

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2020, 07:01:00 AM »

as 2001...

nope, there's a huge difference.

2001 was a solo project. from begining to end its like a movie. dr. dre is rapping on almost every song, some of em are solos.

compton mostly produced by different producers but mixed by dr. dre and focus. dre raps on most of the songs but compton reminds me "dr. dre presents aftermath"...

dj coma

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 07:49:42 AM »

as 2001...

2001 was a solo project. from begining to end its like a movie. dr. dre is rapping on almost every song, some of em are solos.

compton mostly produced by different producers but mixed by dr. dre and focus. dre raps on most of the songs but compton reminds me "dr. dre presents aftermath"...

What you just described for 2001 mostly applies to Compton too. The album “plays like a movie” just like 2001. Sure there was more variation of producers on Compton but it still had a cohesive sound throughout.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 08:01:08 AM »
compton is clearly a solo

The following users thanked this post: Okka

doggfather

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2020, 09:56:59 AM »

as 2001...

some of em solos???
which ones?

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ