Author Topic: Dr. Dre & Nas In The Studio  (Read 3263 times)

Sccit

Re: Dr. Dre & Nas In The Studio
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2020, 10:01:40 AM »
compton is a compilation?!?!?!? since when?

can you call "compton" a solo project?

as 2001...

nope, there's a huge difference.

2001 was a solo project. from begining to end its like a movie. dr. dre is rapping on almost every song, some of em are solos.

compton mostly produced by different producers but mixed by dr. dre and focus. dre raps on most of the songs but compton reminds me "dr. dre presents aftermath"...

some of em solos???
which ones?

the watcher and still dre

doggfather

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »
still dre featuring snoop!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

heisenberg

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2020, 11:23:35 AM »

as 2001...

2001 was a solo project. from begining to end its like a movie. dr. dre is rapping on almost every song, some of em are solos.

compton mostly produced by different producers but mixed by dr. dre and focus. dre raps on most of the songs but compton reminds me "dr. dre presents aftermath"...

i guess you have to listen these 3 projects again (2001, compton and dre presents) cause you missed the point.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2020, 01:00:10 PM »

only on the chorus

Jay_J

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2020, 01:24:06 PM »

as 2001...

i guess you have to listen these 3 projects again (2001, compton and dre presents) cause you missed the point.

Ive listened chronic, aftermath and 2001 for my whole life. I know what i mean and what i feel. Compton is a compilation to me whic dr. Dre presents his new musician team and some new talents (especially paak). On compton dre is always one step behind. Purpose of the album is not a "come back" of  dre. Purpose of the album is way more different than being a dr. Dre's new solo album.

Okka

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2020, 11:56:53 PM »

Only on the hook. "The Message" is also a solo.

as 2001...

Ive listened chronic, aftermath and 2001 for my whole life. I know what i mean and what i feel. Compton is a compilation to me whic dr. Dre presents his new musician team and some new talents (especially paak). On compton dre is always one step behind. Purpose of the album is not a "come back" of  dre. Purpose of the album is way more different than being a dr. Dre's new solo album.

It is a Dre solo, masked as a "soundtrack", but you're entitled to your opinion. But that's just what it is. Your opinion.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:59:55 PM by Okka »

Orbyte

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »
Dre is coming with new album.

is it a guess or u heard something?

Not a guess, Dre is working on an album. There will be some songs he made for his unrealeased album and some new.

When you say "unreleased album" are you referring to Detox or something post Compton and more recent?

Detox. That's why you see NAS in the studio, he had to "refresh" his vocals on the song they made back in the day. Slim wrote Dres verse and it's like referrence verse. Sly Peper is on the hook.

Blu2th said he made that beat in that clip on ig, so I doubt that it's something old. You're right when it comes to Dre rapping with his normal voice tho:

(0:36 new Dre record is playing in the backround)

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2020, 11:23:40 AM »

Not a guess, Dre is working on an album. There will be some songs he made for his unrealeased album and some new.

When you say "unreleased album" are you referring to Detox or something post Compton and more recent?

Detox. That's why you see NAS in the studio, he had to "refresh" his vocals on the song they made back in the day. Slim wrote Dres verse and it's like referrence verse. Sly Peper is on the hook.

Blu2th said he made that beat in that clip on ig, so I doubt that it's something old. You're right when it comes to Dre rapping with his normal voice tho:

When I said about old track I've meant the track with Nas. This where they're in the studio with International Special annoyingly screamin' is the night when Busta and Xzibit were in the studio with Dre and Paak.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

mtbsm

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »

damn can't hear sh*t with that boy yapping

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2020, 08:14:30 AM »
Compton is not a compilation album lol

Jay_J

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2020, 11:09:04 AM »
compton is very similar to re-up of eminem to me.

eminem produced almost the whole album and appeared as performer on half of it. it was a compilation which eminem presents his shady records crew.

when it comes to Compton, dre credited as producer on only half of it, appeared as rapper on almost whole album except 3 songs.

i know compton is officially a dr. dre studio album but when i look at the big picture i can see its called "a soundtrack by dr. dre" and it has a goal to introduce dre's new aftermath crew rather than being his next solo that he leads the whole album as both rapper and producer.

it will be a never ending circle to discuss this, its just my opinion, maybe i dont want to cosider it as dr. dre solo because that was a big disapointment to me. so i like to consider it as a compilation (like presents aftermath) and waiting for his next solo like he did before. one solo, one compilation, one solo, one compilation... now its time to hit these muthafackes with chronic 2021 ;)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »
I’m releasing chronic 2021 bro

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2020, 12:34:52 AM »
I’m releasing chronic 2021 bro

i thought it was kush fields deluxe 2021

Duck Duck Doggy