Author Topic: Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..  (Read 3007 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..
« on: September 17, 2020, 10:51:50 PM »
Was bumpin this album for the first time since it dropped and I have to say Eminem really did some magic with this album.  I think previous posthumous albums had taken all the gems and Em was left with scraps—but with the Outlawz and Shady records behind him—he turned it into something.  Shit bumps and has lyrics.

I totally missed the Quik banger on there that Em seems to have ghostwritten
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

dj coma

Re: Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 02:15:46 AM »
What’s your source for Em writing the Quik verse? It does sound like an Eminem verse/flow but Quik has said Eminem is his favorite rapper so it’s entirely possible he wrote it himself as a show of respect or something.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 05:58:51 AM »
Scott Storch produced the best song on the album.

I also liked Eminem's remix of "Thug 4 Life". I think I'm gonna give this album a spin this weekend.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »
What’s your source for Em writing the Quik verse? It does sound like an Eminem verse/flow but Quik has said Eminem is his favorite rapper so it’s entirely possible he wrote it himself as a show of respect or something.

The Source is me  8)

dj coma

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »
The Source is me  8)

So an unconfirmed assumption.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 10:04:35 AM »
I thought Eminem did a decent job with that album. Unlike the previous posthumously released albums this ones unreleased tracks were mostly inferior. I DO think though that they could have given the project to a more talented producer who actually worked with Pac like QD3, Quik, , BC etc  they really dropped the ball on all those posthumous releases besides R U Still Down

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 04:35:20 PM »
pacs worst album outside of pacs life

dj coma

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 07:27:50 PM »
That G-Unit/Eminem style of beats that were hot at the time really aged poorly.

V2DHeart

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 07:12:20 AM »
The album was an utter disgrace in my opinion. I think the general consensus for 2Pac's posthumous releases all tend to be that R U Still Down was the most legit in terms of it's authenticity in it's sound and the sample selections. Still I rise was somewhat the same, but is where they began introducing some awful remixes and where the cracks began with both Loyal to the Game and Pac's life being the polar opposite. Don't get me wrong, I understand the commercial need to include for some pop hits, but this is where Eminem's name should have remained exclusively for those alone IE; Ghetto Gospel and Don't You Trust me, and left the rest alone. It's as if they went with the 'Changes' formula for the lead single selecting a piano sample, because some believe it evokes stronger emotions than other instruments. (Hey Jude apparently evokes optimism and hope) fast forward to 3:34 and you'll see what I mean, but it just doesn't resonate the same way at all.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_qd08FyXY3E" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_qd08FyXY3E</a>

But by including Elton John of all people, and allowing 'flavour of the month' artists (G-Unit, Obie Trice) done a huge disservice and further degraded his legacy. The production was repetitive and uninspiring and wasn't a good fit for a feature length 2Pac album. I'm disappointed that there weren't much quality control measures put in place by his estate and people who actually cared about the 'music', not just about releasing his 'voice'. When you have a limited number of songs left, you do everything you can to ensure that it is the best fit and does justice. Even Eminem at the time I'm sure he said that he didn't do his best work on the album due to depression etc. When you add in the vocal slicing, pitch changing, and adding in words together to modify them significantly then it's no longer an album with unpublished tracks enhanced, it becomes nothing more than a mixtape IMO.

I remember when it came out, that the few 'bonus' tracks were the only ones most people actually liked. I would have preferred to see a full album of those. They can keep the x2 Eminem track, but the rest should have been scrapped the minute an album overseer would have listened to this, but then when you have the Outlawz (EDI & Kastro) in a supervisory role like that, then there's a conflict of interest there, because we all know they were hoping to get a look in on Shady Records with the joint work done on this and on the Ressurection soundtrack, so they were never going to tell Eminem that most of his tracks sucked and were way off. Afeni only cared about getting the music out there. interestingly Tom Whalley didn't have any involvement in this (and only on the Pac's Life single track on Pac's Life) but I bet half of those songs would never have made it had he overseen the project.

Perhaps I'll give it a listen, but as I age, I swear, his life albums are all fine, yet I only ever pick 1 or 2 stand outs from his posthumous releases to stick on my playlists
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 08:49:25 PM »
So an unconfirmed assumption.

I also got Eminem down as ghostwriting Nas "I Carry the Cross" that second joint on the God's Son album. 

Okka

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 05:04:32 AM »
I also got Eminem down as ghostwriting Nas "I Carry the Cross" that second joint on the God's Son album.

:tupachappy:

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

hitsaw

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »
I like most of the beats, the thing I really hate is that they made words like G unit,... with Tupac he’s voice.
The last 4 remix tracks are the best.

JeremyM

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 03:05:12 PM »
Eminem was a big name AND willing to work for free per the liner notes, which is probably why she let him do everything. Afeni thought people should work for free in honor of Pac's legacy (she actually says this in the liner notes). Which I would have to disagree with, because people deserved to be compensated for their work and I would be shocked if Pac felt differently himself. The foundation she ran in Pac's name was apparently next to worthless, all respect due.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 03:14:35 AM »
Eminem was a big name AND willing to work for free per the liner notes, which is probably why she let him do everything. Afeni thought people should work for free in honor of Pac's legacy (she actually says this in the liner notes). Which I would have to disagree with, because people deserved to be compensated for their work and I would be shocked if Pac felt differently himself. The foundation she ran in Pac's name was apparently next to worthless, all respect due.

Sad what happened to the foundation. That statue of Pac is now surrounded by weeds and forest that has been abandoned

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2020, 11:31:45 AM »
I bought this album as soon as it hit stores, i sort of like it just because it was a Pac album and it was produced by Eminem.
I was a big Eminem fan back in the early 2000s

I hated Ghetto Gospel, Out On Bail, Black Cotton, Loyal to The Game with G Unit, Soldier Like Me, Thug 4 Life, NIGGA with Jadakiss, Dont U Trust Me, i dig Thugs Get Lonely Too, Uppercut, Hennessy with Obie Trice is funny for the beat and i like it as crazy as that sounds.

The bonus songs were dope, specially the Scott Storch Remix & Dj Quik Remix
After this album i remember hating Eminem for ruining this album.
Its not like the songs were instant classics, but pretty good songs when u listen the OGs.

I didnt like Ghost, One Day at a time & Realest killaz.
The fact that 50 was in a Pac song is trash