Author Topic: Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..  (Read 3008 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Was PAC’s Loyal 2 the Game Slept On? ...DJ Quik verse Em wrote..
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2020, 01:35:39 PM »
I bought this album as soon as it hit stores, i sort of like it just because it was a Pac album and it was produced by Eminem.
I was a big Eminem fan back in the early 2000s

I hated Ghetto Gospel, Out On Bail, Black Cotton, Loyal to The Game with G Unit, Soldier Like Me, Thug 4 Life, NIGGA with Jadakiss, Dont U Trust Me, i dig Thugs Get Lonely Too, Uppercut, Hennessy with Obie Trice is funny for the beat and i like it as crazy as that sounds.

The bonus songs were dope, specially the Scott Storch Remix & Dj Quik Remix
After this album i remember hating Eminem for ruining this album.
Its not like the songs were instant classics, but pretty good songs when u listen the OGs.

I didnt like Ghost, One Day at a time & Realest killaz.
The fact that 50 was in a Pac song is trash

I think considering what Eminem had available he did good work on this.  He was left with scraps.  I mean, each successive Pac posthumous release decreases in degrees (like EPMD LP's), because the quality of catalogue gets stretched thinner and thinner.

So ofcourse, the best was R U Still Down.  Because, from what I understand, R U Still Down was like a whole album Pac recorded for release but it got scrapped and he went in and made Me Against the World?  So R U Still Down was all his best leftover pre-Death Row material and I think Johnny J was in the building hooking that shit up, right?

Then he had all that great leftover Death Row material because he was recording like a madman.  He had Still I Rise with all the great Outlawz material and some of it may have been the One Nation album.  Until the End of Time they had to go in and do quite a bit of work remixing but the producers and engineers behind it put in quality work and that was all the quality leftover Death Row material so they had a lot to work with.  So much so, that they were even able to make another one with Better Dayz--which contained several gems as well.

By the time Loyal to the Game came around there wasn't nothing left but scraps.  Pac's Life was trash (with a lot of trash guest appearances) but Eminem was able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit on Loyal to the Game. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 10:28:08 AM »
I think considering what Eminem had available he did good work on this.  He was left with scraps.  I mean, each successive Pac posthumous release decreases in degrees (like EPMD LP's), because the quality of catalogue gets stretched thinner and thinner.

So ofcourse, the best was R U Still Down.  Because, from what I understand, R U Still Down was like a whole album Pac recorded for release but it got scrapped and he went in and made Me Against the World?  So R U Still Down was all his best leftover pre-Death Row material and I think Johnny J was in the building hooking that shit up, right?

Then he had all that great leftover Death Row material because he was recording like a madman.  He had Still I Rise with all the great Outlawz material and some of it may have been the One Nation album.  Until the End of Time they had to go in and do quite a bit of work remixing but the producers and engineers behind it put in quality work and that was all the quality leftover Death Row material so they had a lot to work with.  So much so, that they were even able to make another one with Better Dayz--which contained several gems as well.

By the time Loyal to the Game came around there wasn't nothing left but scraps.  Pac's Life was trash (with a lot of trash guest appearances) but Eminem was able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit on Loyal to the Game.

Songs like Out On Bail, NIGGA, Thug 4 Life, Thugz Get Lonely Too & Hennessy were to be released on 2pacalypse Now, Thug Life Vol.1 & R U Still Down.
Pac wanted those songs but the label rejected them.

Po Nigga Blues was written for the Governeur and Loyal to the Game was released on the Regulate single.

The album had some good tracks if left in OG form. Eminems beats sound the same for the most part.
Pac’s Life was fked up too, but it had good remixes like both Untouchable songs, Dumpin, Dont Sleep, Sleep, Playa Cardz Right with Ludacris and the OG Soon As I Get Home.
LTTG was worst than Pac’s Life

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 01:02:31 PM »
^^ yup .. eminem had good material to work with, his beats simply didn’t fit pacs style that well

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2020, 01:11:08 AM »
Songs like Out On Bail, NIGGA, Thug 4 Life, Thugz Get Lonely Too & Hennessy were to be released on 2pacalypse Now, Thug Life Vol.1 & R U Still Down.
Pac wanted those songs but the label rejected them.

Po Nigga Blues was written for the Governeur and Loyal to the Game was released on the Regulate single.

The album had some good tracks if left in OG form. Eminems beats sound the same for the most part.
Pac’s Life was fked up too, but it had good remixes like both Untouchable songs, Dumpin, Dont Sleep, Sleep, Playa Cardz Right with Ludacris and the OG Soon As I Get Home.
LTTG was worst than Pac’s Life

Good post... but if you listen to Pac’s verses for the album it far from his A material. 

Too bad Pac’s Life couldn’t keep o.g “Play Your Cards” is one of the top 5 unreleased joints of all time—didn’t like album version.  But they got to hang onto his other greatest unreleased joint “Soon As I Get Home” in og form

JeremyM

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 02:47:10 PM »
Didn't they lose the master to "Soon As I Get Home" and had no choice but to release it as is? And thank God for that because I agree with your take on the song.

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 05:02:42 PM »
Good post... but if you listen to Pac’s verses for the album it far from his A material. 

Too bad Pac’s Life couldn’t keep o.g “Play Your Cards” is one of the top 5 unreleased joints of all time—didn’t like album version.  But they got to hang onto his other greatest unreleased joint “Soon As I Get Home” in og form
Pac’s Life didnt have classic songs either, same as LTTG there were just good.
Playa Cardz Right OG had some sample issues and plus the Pac estate had some issues with Johnny J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 06:06:20 PM »
^^^ Yes, to the two above posts. ^^

Interesting if "Soon As I Get Home" stayed O.G. because they lost the Master.  Good thing it was lost.

And.. yes, I did hear that "Play Your Cards Right" relied heavily on that Johnny J sample and couldn't be used.  Damn shame, because it would be golden to have a high quality version of that joint. 

I remember where I was in Kansas City it really wasn't until summer of 98', my first year with a drivers license when Pac bootlegs started popping up in record stores.  Not sure how it was legal for them to sell it, this was just before MP3's became popular so you still had to buy bootlegs at the record store.  First Pac bootleg I got summer of 98' had "Play Your Cards" and "Soon As I Get Home" which were easily the best tracks on the album.   Also had "Me and My Homies" on it which came out officially released on Nate's album later that year.  It also had the Bad Azz and Pac joint "Ghetto Star" which sadly Afeni blocked from being released on Bad Azz album a few months later in 98'.  Bad Azz still managed to polish a dope solo, but a Pac feature in those days could of pushed him to gold.  I mean, imagine an album leading off with a Snoop feature/single and then a Pac feature.  RIP Bad Azz and he deserved that for assisting Pac on "Krazy".  Guess he sued Afeni but I never heard what happened with the case.

Jay Wallace

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 11:21:50 PM »
I also got Eminem down as ghostwriting Nas "I Carry the Cross" that second joint on the God's Son album.

Nope.  Producers also usually get writing credit on songs that's why Em has a publishing credit on that one.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2021, 11:07:09 AM »
Nope.  Producers also usually get writing credit on songs that's why Em has a publishing credit on that one.

Then he ghostwrote that shit... I bet that shit was completed and all Nas had to do was replace vocals