Author Topic: What's the best rap concert you ever been to?  (Read 381 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What's the best rap concert you ever been to?
« on: October 22, 2020, 12:43:34 AM »
1.  Eminem -May 1999.   He performed at a small little arena in Lawrence, Kansas.  I was 17.  There's some back story to this show revealed in that tell all book his bodyguard put out.  His mom was living in St. Joseph, MO at the time so she actually came on the tour bus or some shit like that and got into it with Kim--not sure the details but the bodyguard was just saying how it was his way of seeing that all the stuff Em rapped about having a crazy family was true.  His little brother Nate was on the stage spraying us with a water gun because it was hot in there.  Only single Em had on radio was "My Name Is" and a lot of dumb music fans were saying he was just a one hit wonder.  "Guilty Conscience" had not even came out yet.  Nobody would go to the show with me so I was first in line, front row.  Em saw me rhyming his lyrics, gave me dap and let me yell into the mic at the end of one of his songs, I yelled some shit like "KC Mutherfucka".  Pace One opened up for Em and that was fuckin dope.  It was supposed to be the Beatnuts but Beatnuts didn't make it.  Pace was better anyway.  Even better than Pace was Mixmaster Mike opening up as the DJ.  Proof was on stage with Em and they did a little skit dissing XXL.  Only performed like 6 or so songs, came out to do an encore with that SSLP track "I don't know why this world keeps turning round and round, but I wanna get off right now"

2.  Wu-tang 2002 in St. Louis.  Like Feb 2002 I think it was the Iron Flag tour.  Again, it was in an arena so really intimate.  Can't remember who the opening DJ was for sure but dude was spectacular.  Freestyle battlin with folks in the crowd waiting for Wu-tang to come on.  They each came on individually with one of their solo bangers, one by one.  Then started performing as a group.  Rza was selling some new liquor he was advertising for giving out shots to the crowd.  Intimate setting, right up in the grill, Meth was givin' dap to all of us in the crowd in the front.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

Re: What's the best rap concert you ever been to?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 12:59:06 AM »
back in 2009 i was on a boat (party boat) and Onyx, fredro and sticky made a show.
when we jumped on their hits the boat almost turned down.

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 01:34:37 AM »
back in 2009 i was on a boat (party boat) and Onyx, fredro and sticky made a show.
when we jumped on their hits the boat almost turned down.

dope
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 10:48:21 AM »
tech n9ne 2004

Ebony Bree Caple

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 02:12:41 AM »
Does it still count as the best if you've only been to 1?
Anyway, Ice MFKN Cube 2010
STRUGGLING TO KEEP IT REAL IN A WORLD FULL OF FAKES

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 02:17:16 AM »
Only one?! Wow
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Ebony Bree Caple

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 02:35:34 AM »
STRUGGLING TO KEEP IT REAL IN A WORLD FULL OF FAKES