Author Topic: FOCUS... PRESENTS THE NEW NORMAL (Official Discussion)  (Read 2839 times)

jessiebarker2020

Re: FOCUS... PRESENTS THE NEW NORMAL (Official Discussion)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »
man these are reallt nice albums

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 11:35:33 PM »
Looking forward to checking this out...
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Young Old Head

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 10:15:39 AM »
There are 5 projects of his "aNALOG iN a dIGITAL wORLD" series. I got all of them. 8)

https://focus3dots.bandcamp.com

Yeah I know, I hit him up on IG after he dropped the 5th one and asked him about the other 4 volumes and he actually came thru with 'em the next day or day after 8) great fuckin' dude man.

Cash Money Blood Gang

The following users thanked this post: Marco

thegooddoc

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 07:55:38 PM »
Cool project.  Focus... has always had a cool sound.  Love the songs he did with Bishop. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2021, 08:42:40 PM »
Doesn’t blow you away... but the production quality is what you would expect from a Dre protege’

Not bad for a new release (I rarely like anything new, infinite trapped in 96)

Jay_J

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 05:14:59 AM »
Doesn’t blow you away... but the production quality is what you would expect from a Dre protege’

Not bad for a new release (I rarely like anything new, infinite trapped in 96)

dude you should listen to Po Broke N Lonely's "forbidden five" album from 95 which is produced by Glove. You will hear aftermath 96. group members are Glove, RC and another dude.

thegooddoc

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 08:40:07 PM »
dude you should listen to Po Broke N Lonely's "forbidden five" album from 95 which is produced by Glove. You will hear aftermath 96. group members are Glove, RC and another dude.

Can't believe I didn't realize those were the group members.  I will check this out. 

jessiebarker2020

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2021, 09:57:59 PM »
i think a couple of these beats should have been on detox i ended up downloadin and picking about 12 beats in total from the projects that stood out to me fire n ice and number 4 sound detoxy

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2021, 10:02:06 PM »
Can't believe I didn't realize those were the group members.  I will check this out.

you will listen to Sexy Dance (OG version) in that album. there are also 4 tracks produced by Battlecat.

group's debut album "no money no honey" from 92 was executive produced by Dr. Dre also. there is even a song featuring dr. dre

Malcy

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2021, 03:52:27 PM »
Listened to 2 tracks of this and instantly heard drums exactly the same as that Planets instrumental snippet that was leaked which adds validity to the leak which was good. A pay what you want is great for these too. I’ll cop when I can afford to pay something decent and not something insulting and advantage taking.

Also while there’s a bit of Po, Broke & Lonely/R.C. chat, I recently got a vinyl of R.C’s Slo Burn that doesn’t seem to be online anywhere to listen to. Might upload it if anyone’s interested.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 10:06:15 PM by Malcy »

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Jay_J

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2021, 10:02:51 PM »
Listened to 2 tracks of this and instantly heard drums exactly the same as that Plabets instrumental snippet that was leaked which adds validity to the leak which was good. A pay what you want is great for these too. I’ll cop when I can afford to pay something decent and not something insulting and advantage taking.

Also while there’s a bit of app Broke & Lonely/R.C. chat, I recently got a vinyl of R.C’s Slo Burn that doesn’t seem to be online anywhere to listen to. Might upload it if anyone’s interested.

yes please, upload it bro.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2021, 11:58:04 PM »

DAMN homie good lookin out.. sounds like my flex

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2021, 12:26:42 AM »
you will listen to Sexy Dance (OG version) in that album. there are also 4 tracks produced by Battlecat.

group's debut album "no money no honey" from 92 was executive produced by Dr. Dre also. there is even a song featuring dr. dre

ya'll are blowing my mind right now... just when I thought I knew everything about the Aftermath project... 20 plus years later I'm finding out about an album that came in 95' and sort of set the stage for the first Aftermath project, and even featured one of the tracks that ended up on there.

If you had that shit it would be like having the Slim Shady EP before "If I Had" and such tracks ended up on the Aftermath release...  It kind of reveals where Dre gets his ideas from

gonna give this joint a thorough listen and be back.. there was like one copy left on Amazon for only 9.00$ I bought that... I can preview it on youtube.. ya'll got the tracklisting?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:31:56 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

Jay_J

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2021, 01:46:12 AM »
ya'll are blowing my mind right now... just when I thought I knew everything about the Aftermath project... 20 plus years later I'm finding out about an album that came in 95' and sort of set the stage for the first Aftermath project, and even featured one of the tracks that ended up on there.

If you had that shit it would be like having the Slim Shady EP before "If I Had" and such tracks ended up on the Aftermath release...  It kind of reveals where Dre gets his ideas from

gonna give this joint a thorough listen and be back.. there was like one copy left on Amazon for only 9.00$ I bought that... I can preview it on youtube.. ya'll got the tracklisting?

You can check here, you will find the link and tracklisting.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php/topic,335667.msg3142683.html#msg3142683

Shag Diggler

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2021, 05:41:34 PM »
Listened to 2 tracks of this and instantly heard drums exactly the same as that Planets instrumental snippet that was leaked which adds validity to the leak which was good. A pay what you want is great for these too. I’ll cop when I can afford to pay something decent and not something insulting and advantage taking.

Also while there’s a bit of Po, Broke & Lonely/R.C. chat, I recently got a vinyl of R.C’s Slo Burn that doesn’t seem to be online anywhere to listen to. Might upload it if anyone’s interested.

word...