Author Topic: Which Wu members beefed with Rza? Which didn't? Which Wu solos you like?  (Read 507 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Just trying to spark up some Wu related conversation.  Been watching some of their documentaries and recently read U-God's autobiography. 

It seems everything sort of revolves around Rza.  He's the mastermind behind everything from their formation to their success and legendary status.  Even Method Man may have never made it on his own.  Method Man is supremely talented and one of the all time greats in rap, but Rza is the one that first broke through in the industry and came back to Shaolin and got all of his brothers.  Some didn't even want to do it.  U-God did not even want to be a rapper and just wanted to keep selling drugs and spend the rest of his life in and out of jail.  Rza actually had to beg him to do it.

Seems silly that U-God now complains so much about Rza supposedly ripping him off.  They complain a lot about Rza's brother Divine, who was a manager.  But yet, every time I heard Divine speak on it, he sounds reasonable and on point.  Divine is cut from the same cloth as Rza, appears to me to be capable of handling business—obviously he will favor his brother Rza and probably structured everything in Rza's favor, but what do you expect?  Rza is the originator and he's the one who put it down, so doesn't he deserve to reap the most reward?

Gza, never complained bout Rza, or money.  Because Gza broke through in the industry on his own.  He had a deal before the Wu ever started recording together.   I know the solo project failed, but it at least showed he was able to make moves on his own.

Method Man never complained about Rza as far as I know.  And again, it's cause Method Man could make moves on his own.  He signed the deal with Def Jam and had his own career outside of the Wu.  So did Ghost and Rae, but Ghost and Rae always complain about Rza and about money.

Rockafella is the devil and look what happened to ODB when he left Rza's brother Divine and sold his soul to Dame Dash at Rockafella.  Rza still always showed love through all these beefs, he never let it break the crew.  He basically let ODB go to Rockafella without compensation.

What ya'll think of Deck's solo album?  Currently checking that one out.  It seems to be one of the lesser known Wu albums that carries weight.  Seems like an album that can be played beginning to end without filler?  Where does it rank in Wu albums?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 07:53:54 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Skante Warrior Dale Gribble - NoFX

• 'G'
Re: Which Wu members beefed with Rza? Which didn't? Which Wu solos you like?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 07:16:06 PM »
Raekwon wanted no part of last album bruh.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 06:02:51 AM »
ODB sold his soul to Dame Dash?

:snoopfacepalm:

His Roc-A-Fella album was actually dope. It never got a proper release though.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 12:33:56 PM »
ODB sold his soul to Dame Dash?

:snoopfacepalm:

His Roc-A-Fella album was actually dope. It never got a proper release though.

Bro listen to Divine... Divine talks about ODB selling out to Rockefella who saw dollar signs in mind but would bring ODB to his ruin
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 10:05:53 AM »
I recently listened to Inspectah Deck on Talib Kweli's podcast.  He seems like a pretty normal person.  He tells a lot about the other members, how Wu Tang started etc.  It was a good listen. 

I've also heard that it's basically RZA's group.  I think Method Man would have made it on his own.  He was pretty big in the mid 90's.  He could have been scooped up by Bad Boy or Def Squad

Okka

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 06:41:10 AM »
Bro listen to Divine... Divine talks about ODB selling out to Rockefella who saw dollar signs in mind but would bring ODB to his ruin

Roc had nothin' to do with what happened ODB. He loved PCP, cocaine and other hard drugs and that's why he's dead. Get it through your thick skull, man.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 08:46:45 AM »
Roc had nothin' to do with what happened ODB. He loved PCP, cocaine and other hard drugs and that's why he's dead. Get it through your thick skull, man.

I never liked Rockafella anyway so I’m fine wit puttin it on them