Author Topic: Muslim Extremists Launch Bomb Attacks Against Westerners in Saudi Arabia  (Read 301 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This comes after Muslims extremists in Chechnya killed 41 people in a bombing and Muslim Extremists in the Phillipines killed 13 people in another attack. What is the matter with Muslims? When will they understand that just because other people don't belong to the same religion as them that they don't have the right to kill them. This racism and intolerance on the part of Muslims and all their hate crimes is absolutely sickening. We are talking about nothing but  PURE EVIL.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86681,00.html

At Least One Dead, 60 Injured as Four Blasts Rock Riyadh on Eve of Powell's Visit to Saudi Arabia

Monday, May 12, 2003

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Attackers shot their way into three compounds housing Westerners and Saudis and set off car bombs, hours before a visit by the American secretary of state, officials said. Hospital and security officials said at least one person was killed and 60 injured.

Spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh John Burgess told Fox News that over 40 Americans were injured in the attacks, and that the embassy is currently working with Saudi police to determine the exact amount of American casualties. Burgess also stated that the embassy has sent out a "warden" message to all Americans in Saudi Arabia, advising that they stay home on Tuesday.

The string of attacks occurred in quick succession, capped by a fourth explosion early Tuesday outside the headquarters of a joint U.S.-Saudi owned company in Riyadh.

U.S. Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Robert Jordan said, "We have unconfirmed reports of a couple of American deaths, but we do not have confirmation on those at this time."

Jordan joined other U.S. and Saudi officials in saying that the Al Qaeda terror network was suspected of being behind the bombings.

"It's [Al Qaeda] certainly a prime suspect, I would say," Jordan said.

An official at the Abdul-Rahman Al-Mishari hospital said a man in his early 20s was killed in the blasts. His body, along with five people suffering minor injuries, was brought to the hospital. No further details were provided.

A woman was in critical condition and four others were slightly injured at another hospital, officials said.

"We don't know how many are injured, but we received 50 and the number is growing," an official at the National Guard Hospital in Riyadh told The Associated Press by telephone, without identifying himself. "We're very busy, we are receiving a lot of casualties."

Smoke rose into the night sky from one of the attacked compounds, located in the Garnata neigborhood in eastern Riyadh, and a helicopter circled overhead, scanning the ground with a searchlight. Hundreds of anti-riot police and members of the elite National Guard were evacuating the area and sealing it off as ambulances rushed in.

The compounds are upscale gated communities housing corporate executives and other professionals. About half of them are Westerners, mostly British, Italian and French but also some Americans, and the rest Saudis and other Arabs, a Saudi official said.

Secretary of State Colin Powell will go to Saudi Arabia on Tuesday as scheduled, a U.S. official travelling with him said on condition of anonymity. Powell, who is currently in neighboring Jordan, is seeking the Saudis' help in harnessing militant groups and in promoting Palestinian reform in the latest stop on a Mideast tour that has already taken him to Israel, the West Bank and Egypt.

At the White House, spokeswoman Ashley Snee said, "The State Department is gathering information on the ground and will continue to monitor the situation."

State Department press officer Nancy Beck said she could not confirm if there were any American casualties. "We are advising American citizens to remain at home until we ascertain the nature of any ongoing threat," she said.

A counterintelligence official in Washington said intelligence from the past two weeks indicated Al Qaeda was close to launching a strike in Saudi Arabia. The State Department advised Americans earlier his month against travel to Saudi Arabia because of increased terrorism concerns.

Saudi officials, as well, have recently said Al Qaeda was planning attacks in the oil-rich kingdom, which is the birthplace of Usama bin Laden and home to Islam's holiest sites.

In Monday night's attacks, gunmen in three cars shot their way into the three residential compounds before setting off explosives in the vehicles, a Saudi official said on condition of anonymity.

The official said it was not known if the gunmen killed themselves in the blasts or fled.

An American who lives in one of the targeted areas told the AP in an e-mail exchange from Riyadh that there was extensive damage to property and that he believed there had been some deaths.

Three Boeing Co. employees were slightly injured by flying glass, said Boeing spokesman Bob Jorgensen. They are among a group of 12 Boeing instructors training Saudi Air Force on operating Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) jets, the spokesman said in Seattle.

Witnesses at the Garnata compound said the force of the blast shook nearby buildings and rattled windows. Witnesses also reported hearing gunfire moments before the car exploded. The compound is owned by Riyadh's deputy governor Abdullah al-Blaidh.

The names of the other two Western compounds attacked were not immediately known.

The fourth blast went off at the headquarters of the Saudi Maintenance Company, also known as Siyanco, early Tuesday morning. The company is a joint-owned venture between Frank E. Basil, Inc., of Washington, and local Saudi partners, the officials reported.

The blasts come as the United States moves to pull out most of the 5,000 troops based in Saudi Arabia, whose presence has fueled anti-American sentiment in the population. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said last week that most of the troops would leave by the end of the summer.

Bin Laden used the presence of U.S. soldiers in the kingdom -- the birthplace of Islam -- as a rallying call for attacks on U.S. interests worldwide. Saudi Arabia was home to 15 of the 19 Sept. 11, 2001 attack hijackers.

Last week, a senior Saudi security official said suspected terrorists were receiving orders directly from bin Laden and were planning attacks in Saudi Arabia targeting the royal family as well as American and British interests.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the prime targets were the defense minister, Prince Sultan, and his brother, the interior minister, Prince Nayef.

On Wednesday, authorities said they foiled plans by at least 19 suspected terrorists to carry out strikes and seized a large cache of weapons and explosives in the capital.

All escaped after a gunfight with police.

In remarks published Thursday, Prince Nayef said the men could be linked to Al Qaeda, which he said was now "weak and almost nonexistent."

Nayef said the men included 17 Saudis, an Iraqi holding Kuwaiti and Canadian citizenship, and a Yemeni. "These men have only one goal in mind: Jihad [holy war] ... They have been brainwashed," he said.

Their names and pictures were shown on state-run Saudi television Wednesday, and a reward of more than $50,000 has been offered to anyone turning in any of the suspects.

The confiscated weapons included hand grenades, five suitcases of explosives, rifles and ammunition, as well as computers, communications equipment and cash, officials said.

A week earlier, an American civilian working for the Saudi Royal Navy was attacked and slightly injured in eastern Saudi Arabia.

In 1996, a truck bombing killed 19 Americans at the Khobar Towers barracks in Dhahran.

In 1995, a car bomb exploded at a U.S.-run military training facility in Riyadh. Seven people died, including five American advisers to the Saudi National Guard. The Islamic Movement for Change and two smaller groups in the region claimed responsibility.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Blah blah blah
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

Blah blah blah

word, not like this is something new, muslims killing innocent civilians, wow what a surprise  ::)...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 12:36:56 PM by Rasta Quake »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It just came out that this attack killed 91 people and injured another 194. It is sickening.

What I don't understand is why people around the world  don't protest Islamic terrorism the same way they protest against the US. Or why don't Muslims have ralleys and protests condemning attacks like these? How do you think Americans would react if a white guy here in the US bombed an apartment complex filled with Arabs? There would be tons of ralleys and protests condemning it. But apparently Muslims could care less when non Muslims are attacked. They are probably the most racist people alive.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2003, 12:49:22 PM by CWalker187 »

TheSheriff

It just came out that this attack killed 91 people and injured another 194. It is sickening.

What I don't understand is why people around the world  don't protest Islamic terrorism the same way they protest against the US. Or why don't Muslims have ralleys and protests condemning attacks like these? How do you think Americans would react if a white guy here in the US bombed an apartment complex filled with Arabs? There would be tons of ralleys and protests condemning it. But apparently Muslims could care less when non Muslims are attacked. They are probably the most racist people alive.

Muslims DO protest, you ignoramus.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
 >:( typical

Trauma-san

I got one word for all those guys over there terrorizing people .......

"Liberation"

coming soon to a back-ass country near you...

ITW [the irish boy]

i dont think anyone condones this shit, but i think its funny cwalker talking about racism.
And you got the numbers wrong, it was 19, not 91. Still 19 too many. You cant say the world didnt warn u though, attacks like this were bound to happen after iraq. any wmd found yet btw? Or is it back to watching dawsons creek again?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You cant say the world didnt warn u though, attacks like this were bound to happen after iraq. any wmd found yet btw? Or is it back to watching dawsons creek again?

That is right, the world did warn you, so don't get upset, it's okay then.  ::)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You cant say the world didnt warn u though, attacks like this were bound to happen after iraq. any wmd found yet btw? Or is it back to watching dawsons creek again?

That is right, the world did warn you, so don't get upset, it's okay then.  ::)

thats your own conclusion

Hellrazor818

You have to be honest, these muslim terrorists are masterminds. They carry out these ingenious plans. I mean god who comes up with these. They are so well-prepared, and executed to perfection. You really have to give it to these exremists. Maybe what they're doing is morally wrong, but they are very good at what they do. And plus, they're just getting revenge for what we do to them. Those who kill their famiies are considered heroes and if they kill an American they are terrorists. Why is that? Is what we're doing any better than what they are?

Woodrow

Sorry, but if you kill 9 of your own to kill 8 American's you aren't a "mastermind", You're just a moron.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Sorry, but if you kill 9 of your own to kill 8 American's you aren't a "mastermind", You're just a moron.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

:o

What happened to them being "men of honoUr"?

But of course I agree...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
never said suicide bombers were men of honour

i said they had courage

- Lewis Carroll