Author Topic: "The Chronic 2: A New World Odor (Poppa's Got A Brand New Funk)" Fan Art + Comp  (Read 787 times)

imrobtyler

• Lil Geezy
as most of you probably already know.. originally planned to be the follow up to The Chronic, set to release around 95/96 after the shelved Helter Skelter collab album with Ice Cube & the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. this album was suppose to be Dre ‘s 2nd album under Death Row but he left and founded Aftermath. songs like “California Love” (which was later given to 2Pac), the leaked “My Life (Smoking Weed 4 Hours), “Keep Their Heads Ringing” (possibly?) & “Blunt Time” (later put on the Aftermath compilation + featuring RBX) amongst others were all created in the sessions for the doctor’s sequel, I can’t even imagine what else is locked away in the vault..

tried to keep the design aesthetic of the original chronic cover art while also taking inspiration from the “flashy” type No Limit & Cash Money album covers

Made the cover art while compiling my personal Chronic 2 compilation of leaked songs / features & Dre produced songs of that era. Some of the tracks can be found on other albums such as “Nas is Coming”, “Game Over”, “Puppet Master”, 7 tracks (3 unreleased) from “The Firm”. In no way does this capture all of the era but just thought since I already have something put together that i'd share it with other people too. If you got your own compilation, enjoy some cover art

Hope I can help someone out or put someone on to something new.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwjgsbv9ty6rcf7/The+Chronic+2+New+World+Oder+Poppas+Got+A+Brand+New+Funk.zip/file

for more of my work check my instagram / twitter / portfolio + prints
https://imrobtyler.myportfolio.com/

woof

I've checked your portfolio, you have some very nice artwork. Maybe you should make one for Cappadonna's new album lol, he posted the cover on IG

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Fritz, imrobtyler

k1000

that's very nice. what would the" P" on the hat stand for, would you think?

The following users thanked this post: imrobtyler

Infinite Trapped in 1996

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permenent Resident of 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
as most of you probably already know.. originally planned to be the follow up to The Chronic, set to release around 95/96 after the shelved Helter Skelter collab album with Ice Cube & the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. this album was suppose to be Dre ‘s 2nd album under Death Row but he left and founded Aftermath. songs like “California Love” (which was later given to 2Pac), the leaked “My Life (Smoking Weed 4 Hours), “Keep Their Heads Ringing” (possibly?) & “Blunt Time” (later put on the Aftermath compilation + featuring RBX) amongst others were all created in the sessions for the doctor’s sequel, I can’t even imagine what else is locked away in the vault..

tried to keep the design aesthetic of the original chronic cover art while also taking inspiration from the “flashy” type No Limit & Cash Money album covers

Made the cover art while compiling my personal Chronic 2 compilation of leaked songs / features & Dre produced songs of that era. Some of the tracks can be found on other albums such as “Nas is Coming”, “Game Over”, “Puppet Master”, 7 tracks (3 unreleased) from “The Firm”. In no way does this capture all of the era but just thought since I already have something put together that i'd share it with other people too. If you got your own compilation, enjoy some cover art

Hope I can help someone out or put someone on to something new.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lwjgsbv9ty6rcf7/The+Chronic+2+New+World+Oder+Poppas+Got+A+Brand+New+Funk.zip/file

for more of my work check my instagram / twitter / portfolio + prints
https://imrobtyler.myportfolio.com/

dope!

"I will make records as big or bigger than Death Row".   -Dre, Source 1996

"I didn't do nothing but make people money and I didn't leave nobody high and dry.  Any album (on death row) people are going to check for.  But it's time for Dre to worry about Dre.  I'm focused on the new Snoop Doggs, not like that but you know what I mean."

Dre -  Source 1996 cover

"Ain't trying to stick around for Illuminati (One World Government Takeover) / Got to buy my own island by the year 2-G

Okka

Dope artwork. People have done these before though. Do you have a tracklist?

Pittsburgh Pirates? P-Funk? Piru? Dre started working with a lot of beat makers from Pittsburgh. Also that's somethin' Suge and them used to wear to show their affiliation to the MOB. Maybe Dre felt comfortable enough to wear it too.

JeremyM

This sounds amazing, I have been meaning to put together a "Chronic 2" comp of my own, but the download was denied by Mediafire due to the Nature "Fist Full of Dollars" song. Damn them!

imrobtyler

• Lil Geezy
I've checked your portfolio, you have some very nice artwork. Maybe you should make one for Cappadonna's new album lol, he posted the cover on IG
Appreciate you taking the time out to say that & to check out my work! Much love

Thanks! Deff Pittsburgh. Snoop loves the Steelers (coulda rubbed off on him) and I know Dre collabed alot with people with there, could just be showing love.. Dope hat for an outfit.

Dope artwork. People have done these before though. Do you have a tracklist?

Pittsburgh Pirates? P-Funk? Piru? Dre started working with a lot of beat makers from Pittsburgh. Also that's somethin' Suge and them used to wear to show their affiliation to the MOB. Maybe Dre felt comfortable enough to wear it too.

Appreciate it! & yeah of course, I just wanted to share mine since I was making the cover art for my own compilation anyways.
wouldnt let me post the tracklist image so heres a link

tracklist - https://pasteboard.co/JIOfnKN.png