Author Topic: Suga Free 2 mics in the Source for his 97' album, they diss the shit out of him  (Read 1493 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The album with the Dogg Pound feature?  Heavy D was cool if you were into pop, but 3 1/2 mics? lol

Heavy D has a song with Dogg Pound?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

thegooddoc

TRAX (SFV)

He's looking for original lyrics from a pimp rapper? LOL Too Short's been basically saying the same shit his whole career.  It is what it is.

He may not be original in his lyrics, but his style and ability is SO original.  No one sounds like him.  This dude really is an idiot for not recognizing that.

YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

The following users thanked this post: huffnpuffslim

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Dogg Pound should not have done this song.  Heavy D and Dogg Pound don't mix. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He's looking for original lyrics from a pimp rapper? LOL Too Short's been basically saying the same shit his whole career.  It is what it is.

He may not be original in his lyrics, but his style and ability is SO original.  No one sounds like him.  This dude really is an idiot for not recognizing that.

word

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
props on this thread. The Source was a dope magazine just because there wasn't really any other magazine like that at the time until XXL became big, I remember I had a subscription to both. I think I remember reading that No Limit article.

The hate on Suga Free is in line with their off assessments of west coast work

• Muthafuckin' Don!
props on this thread. The Source was a dope magazine just because there wasn't really any other magazine like that at the time until XXL became big, I remember I had a subscription to both. I think I remember reading that No Limit article.

The hate on Suga Free is in line with their off assessments of west coast work

word... nothing quite like going out to the mailbox and finding the new issue of the Source... XXL did have a nice run once the Benzino/Eminem fued took off they really started to overtake the Source.  The best XXL issue ever was the one with Dre, Eminem, and 50 on the cover around the time "In The Club" came out.  I remember Em and Dre were bragging that 50 Cent was going to sell double platinum.... even they didn't know how much that shit was actually going to blow up

In Benzino's defense he was in an interview saying that XXL basically took the Source blue print and a lot of their talent and ran with it.. he's right about some things... I disagree with his Em beef but if you get him in an interview speaking on other shit regarding hip-hop and Source magazine dude is actually pretty on point and he does deserve some credit.  You can't overlook every great thing the Source did for more than a decade just because of the Em beef

Sccit

word... nothing quite like going out to the mailbox and finding the new issue of the Source... XXL did have a nice run once the Benzino/Eminem fued took off they really started to overtake the Source.  The best XXL issue ever was the one with Dre, Eminem, and 50 on the cover around the time "In The Club" came out.  I remember Em and Dre were bragging that 50 Cent was going to sell double platinum.... even they didn't know how much that shit was actually going to blow up

In Benzino's defense he was in an interview saying that XXL basically took the Source blue print and a lot of their talent and ran with it.. he's right about some things... I disagree with his Em beef but if you get him in an interview speaking on other shit regarding hip-hop and Source magazine dude is actually pretty on point and he does deserve some credit.  You can't overlook every great thing the Source did for more than a decade just because of the Em beef

fuck the source .. east coast dickgobblin magazine

once u realized the agenda behind their bullshit, u can’t enjoy it the same

• Muthafuckin' Don!

fuck the source .. east coast dickgobblin magazine

once u realized the agenda behind their bullshit, u can’t enjoy it the same

Okay so they were more critical of the West and praised the East but the thing of it is they always covered the West.  So the West always had great features on there even lesser known artists the difference I see is that they would just be more critical of them, like say the music promoted a bad image for society or that it’s lesser quality or some shit like that but still at least you got the mag and youd find the artists there inside (one way or another)

And the journalists—these were mostly older heads from the late 80’s Public Enemy, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane era... and I respect dudes from that era (even though they have bias). Journalists are usually just a step older than the artists and about two steps older than the fans.  So we were like 18, the artists were like 27, and journalists 32 (like the Rakim era)

Sccit

Okay so they were more critical of the West and praised the East but the thing of it is they always covered the West.  So the West always had great features on there even lesser known artists the difference I see is that they would just be more critical of them, like say the music promoted a bad image for society or that it’s lesser quality or some shit like that but still at least you got the mag and youd find the artists there inside (one way or another)

And the journalists—these were mostly older heads from the late 80’s Public Enemy, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane era... and I respect dudes from that era (even though they have bias). Journalists are usually just a step older than the artists and about two steps older than the fans.  So we were like 18, the artists were like 27, and journalists 32 (like the Rakim era)

that doesn’t excuse the hate

murder dog came out and although it wasnt as huge, was a way doper magazine that showed the west proper due

• Muthafuckin' Don!

that doesn’t excuse the hate

murder dog came out and although it wasnt as huge, was a way doper magazine that showed the west proper due

man.. those were the fuccin dayz homie.  I forgot about Murder Dog.  You even had Blaze doin its thing for a time.  I need to pick me up an old Blaze back issue off ebay.