Author Topic: What happened to The Lady Of Rage?  (Read 520 times)

abusive

What happened to The Lady Of Rage?
« on: February 14, 2021, 11:35:45 AM »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Orbyte

Safe+Sound

Re: What happened to The Lady Of Rage?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:20:16 PM »
Best female rapper ever IMO. People bumped her music in L.A. like she was a guy. Totally transcended gender lines. It was just gangsta shit. That came first and it was enough.

Wish she had a proper release on Deathrow with Dre producing from top to bottom. She would've KILLED. No female rapper can fuck with Rage.

The following users thanked this post: Okka, D-TalkX, HighEyeCue

D-TalkX

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 07:50:27 AM »
Best female rapper ever IMO. People bumped her music in L.A. like she was a guy. Totally transcended gender lines. It was just gangsta shit. That came first and it was enough.

Wish she had a proper release on Deathrow with Dre producing from top to bottom. She would've KILLED. No female rapper can fuck with Rage.

I'm thinking she has a number of joints in the vault. I thought I read that she was pretty picky when it came to beats and didn't always like what Dre was cooking. She preferred Premo's type of production.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue, Safe+Sound

HighEyeCue

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 09:41:23 AM »
I'm thinking she has a number of joints in the vault. I thought I read that she was pretty picky when it came to beats and didn't always like what Dre was cooking. She preferred Premo's type of production.

her style of battle rap actually goes real well over Premo production so I am not surprised...would still have loved to hear her over a few Dre beats thouigh

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Teddy Loc, Safe+Sound

Safe+Sound

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 10:07:58 AM »
She sounds great over both of their production styles. Throw some DJ Quik, Battlecat, Rick Rock, and Scott Storch in the mix too while we're at it.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Teddy Loc

D-TalkX

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 10:25:54 AM »
I think I'm most excited about hearing her on the N'Matez project. She's definitely skilled and my fav female emcee also.

The following users thanked this post: Safe+Sound

Young Old Head

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 04:29:08 PM »
Man I remember reading about a mixtape and her sophomore album for years back in - shit I don't even know anymore, like early/mid '00s. I think at some point she was signed to Snoop wife's "label", Boss Lady Ent.
Always lowkey mad she never released more material, but there were some health issues involved in that too if I remember correctly, I dunno.
Fingers crossed the N'Matez project is really happening this time.

Cash Money Blood Gang

D-TalkX

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 09:27:25 PM »
Man I remember reading about a mixtape and her sophomore album for years back in - shit I don't even know anymore, like early/mid '00s. I think at some point she was signed to Snoop wife's "label", Boss Lady Ent.
Always lowkey mad she never released more material, but there were some health issues involved in that too if I remember correctly, I dunno.

romson19

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 08:48:54 AM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 12:16:18 AM »

did u ever check it? i think it was called from
va to la or some ish

thegooddoc

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 07:47:29 PM »

Jay_J

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 05:11:59 AM »
my answer: "she got fat"

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 05:40:46 AM »
my answer: "she got fat"

She ain't fat. She just fulla rage. And cupcakes. Rage filled cupcakes.

dnjp4life

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2021, 04:44:23 AM »
Not really into female rappers but have always liked Rage and everything she did on Death Row Records, she could bring it like the best of them.
If that N'Matez album sees the light of day I bet she can still rap her ass off like she used to.