Author Topic: Che Pope Interview Pt. 6 (Detox, Statlanta, Earl Hayes, Unreleased Kanye Discuss  (Read 169 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Today, we sit with legendary producer and music mogul Che Pope for Part 6 of our exclusive interview. Che has worked with the likes of Kanye West, Pusha T, Dr. Dre, The Game, and many many more. He is internationally known and has twenty plus years in the music industry. He is a veteran and it was our pleasure to sit down with him for our multi-part interview. Here is part five. Remember to stay tuned to Illuminati2G for all your latest music news…enjoy. To check out part 5, click on the link below:

http://www.illuminati2g.com/untouchable/2021/02/che-pope-interview-aftermath-good-music-alumni-part-5/

Q.) Rakim at one point was signed to Aftermath.  Did you get a chance to hear any of the records from those sessions? You came after he left the label correct and didn’t have the chance to work with him, correct? I heard some of the songs used beats from 50 Cent’s debut album.

No never heard the Rakim stuff

Q.) The song “Higher” by The Game was originally meant for 50 Cent. You said there is a version with just the 50 Chorus and the beat, does that still exist? Does Dre/Aftermath keep reference tracks tucked away in the vaults?

I’m sure its in Dre’s vaults

Q.) You worked with Stat Quo – on the original version of his debut album “Statlanta” on the track known as G.R.I.T.S. (Girls Raised In The South). Why do you think it is that album never came out?

Not sure you’d have to ask Stat — I would love to hear his answer — ps I love Stat Quo —  still one of my guys !!!!!!!

Q.) You also may have done another song, according to one of the tracklists, called Lie To You with Stat and Devin The Dude. Can you tell us about that song and is it the only one from that session?

Man I use to smoke weed — I don’t remember — I’ve done so many songs – that didn’t come out for one reason or another I couldn’t tell you

Q.) You may or may not have worked on the mythical record called “Detox” for Dr. Dre. It is said whenever a new artist’s project would come up – he’d either scrap Detox’s concept or he’d give beats he had for Detox to the artist. Is this true?

Don’t know — detox has been around since I first started working with Dre. When I was there — we made music almost everyday — thats what he loves to do and so do I

Q.) Were you involved in any Dr. Dre sessions with Scott Storch and/or Mike Elizondo? Please, tell us about them if so.

Scott was more a superstar guest who would make appearances — he worked with dre way before I did but I’ve know Scott for along time since Philly  — Mike was there before me but pretty much the whole time I was there so we worked daily for years

Q.) There was an intro track for one of the many versions of the alleged “Detox”. Dr. Dre and The Game both drop a verse. Just Blaze said he heard the song and thought highly of it. It was said to be Nottz produced. Have you heard it and can you tell me about it? Is the song called “As God As My Witness”?

I have no idea

Q.) Earl Hayes (R.I.P.) was stated to have contributed a ton to Detox as well as work on his own album with Aftermath and later Timbaland and Dre together. Did you work with him? How was he like? Did he make Detox tracks?

Not sure about any Detox songs but Hayes was my homie — I actually had 6-7 fire songs with Hayes from a project we were doing which sadly we never got to finish and his engineer had the songs so I never know what happened to them

Q.) Slim The Mobster, up until his release War Music, was unknown outside of the Get Paid video. When you were at Aftermath, were there any plans for a Slim The Mobster project pre-War Music which was during your tenure?

Yes I was there when Slim was around but he was also there after I left — not sure about his project — slims a good dude — I believe he and dre are still close

Q.) Did you ever contribute to any unreleased Joell Ortiz tracks during his time at Afermath?

Yup!!!! Joell is nice

Q.) Did Tiffany Villareal complete an album at Aftermath? Were you on it and what was the reason it was shelved?

Don’t remember — obviously she cut some music like everyone else but done I’m not sure

Q.) Tell us about PT The General, Ocean, Tray Gutta, and Sonny Black. Did any of their work materialize if so where can we hear it?

Not sure — that was my homies artists — Roc and his partner — they had a label 5th Coast records — Roc is still a close friend

Q.) Do you ever plan on going through the vaults and letting people hear stuff you’ve worked on in the past? Maybe like a compilation or streaming it?

NO — only interested in the future

Q.) Have you worked with anyone that you knew the record was too hot to let go but they still shelved the record?

Of course

Q.) You said there may be 10 different versions of Bound 2. Was the retail your favorite?

I’m happy with the final — once you see it performed in front of thousands — thats magical and its Kanye’s song so thats his final decision and I respect that

Q.) You also stated there’s songs you work months on. What record did you have that you liked the previous versions the best compared to retail and what records would we know them as? Are there any records like that?

Prolly not that I’m going to tell —  I let it go after they’re released because there out there so………

Q.) On Yeezus, the original version of I Am A God by Kanye, originally had a Daft Punk sample, allegedly. Can you name the sample and tell us about the record?

NO the original version is a daft punk production and the version that comes out is daft punk too with kanye and team production  — I did love the simpler original daft version but the final version is dope too but the original was fire

Q.) Is there a Yeezus 2 record or is it Yahndi’s first incarnation?

Don’t know

Q.) You worked on the shelved record “Yahndi”. Can you tell us anything about that record? You said it may not see the light of day. If it doesn’t, what records have leaked that you can tell us about? What records did you play a part in?

Nah — ask Kanye

Q.) It was said the following artists worked on Yahndi – Dua Lipa, Big Sean, Ronny J, Teyana Taylor, Maleek Berry, Ant Clemons, 6ix9ine, XXXTentacion, Ty Dolla $ign, Rihanna, Kid Cudi, 070 Shake, Brodinski, Francis and The Lights, Tony Williams, Migos, Nicki Minaj, Young Thug, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Timbaland, Tee Grizzley, and YNW Melly  – which collaborations can you confirm?

Ask Kanye

Q.) It is rumored Kanye did a really controversial song with you for “Yahndi”. Can you tell us anything about that record like it’s subject and if it actually exists?

I had a record with him — I wouldn’t call it controversial but it was before he was saved so he was going “in” on the rapping !!!!!!!!! Really spitting

Q.) There’s a Teyana Taylor song called “We Got Love” which was released in 2019. Was there ever a verion with Kanye vocals on it?

Probably

Q.) Was Shoot Up featuring Bon Iver and Santigold for Ye or Yahndi? What other records that have leaked you can clarify which project they were made for?

Don’t remember to be honest

Q.) Donda or Donda With Child has yet to come out. It is said you’ve worked a small amount on the album. Can you tell us about it or should we just hear it for ourselves and read the linear notes?

Ask Kanye

Be sure to keep it locked for part 7 of this epic interview with Che Pope. Here’s a little sample of what’s in store for everyone:

Q.) How important is it for an artist or producer to own their publishing?

It depends on where you’re at in your career and your needs but if you can afford to not do a co-pub deal thats ideal but thats not always the case but If you do it right you can cash out later in life and have a nice retirement

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

Proc pka KP

Felt like he was being real careful.