Author Topic: Aftermath Demos - Midi Mafia, Denaun Porter, Focus, Jake One & More  (Read 4087 times)

mtbsm

Re: Aftermath Demos - Midi Mafia, Denaun Porter, Focus, Jake One & More
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2021, 06:08:15 PM »
The one I hear about all the time is Rakim over what would become 50’s Heat. It was talked about in some behind the scenes press of Oh My God sessions and again by Denaun Porter

Malcy

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2021, 03:13:48 AM »

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2021, 03:53:42 AM »
Finally something halfway decent.

Sounds like a Mike Elizondo/Storch beat that Dre had some work in progress production elements going on, would put it around the 2000 era as it sounds like what those two were doing around then. More than likely this was retooled and evolved into Family Affair as there are a lot of similarities.

Malcy

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »

Okka

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2021, 04:18:07 AM »
Odd that not even one single Rakim on a Dre beat ever leaked I don't think.

Huh? "After You Die" was produced by Dre as far as I know or has it been confirmed to be produced by somebody else.

Malcy

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2021, 04:42:02 AM »
More possible Dre

Malcy

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2021, 04:44:07 AM »
Huh? "After You Die" was produced by Dre as far as I know or has it been confirmed to be produced by somebody else.

Forgot about that one. Think that was Dre beat yeah, or at least it was never disputed anyway. Was there not something said about a lot of the GRODT beats being meant for Rakim originally?

Malcy

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2021, 04:44:33 AM »

kuruptlon

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2021, 08:57:39 AM »
Forgot about that one. Think that was Dre beat yeah, or at least it was never disputed anyway. Was there not something said about a lot of the GRODT beats being meant for Rakim originally?

Just as further evidence Dre produced After You Die. Busta used that same beat for Legends Fall Off on The Big Bang and that is credited to Dre as the producer

Malcy

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2021, 09:14:32 AM »
Just as further evidence Dre produced After You Die. Busta used that same beat for Legends Fall Off on The Big Bang and that is credited to Dre as the producer

Yeah that's right. Same vocal sample but different beat. First time I heard that beat I was really impressed by his creative use of grave digging!

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2021, 10:56:21 AM »
Imagine how bad it must've felt for this guy to have discovered a container full of Dre beats and then sitting there popping in CD after CD and listening to this pure unadulterated wackness.

I'd have posted them back to Aftermath with a note that says "Eh Dre, stick to selling headphones"

Hittman2001

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2021, 11:51:05 AM »

So this track comes up in the ending credits of a movie called War with Jason Statham.  I remember seeing it many years ago and hearing the beat at the end.  If i remember correctly the hook was on it but no lyrics from Rakim.   I believe Mark Batson was credited as the producer.  Also another fun fact....Dont get carried away by Busta was featured in the 2nd Fast and the Furious movie as the interlude when they show how Paul Walkers character got from LA to Miami.  It was a stripped down version of it and i believe Camara Kambon was credited for that one...2002 or 2003 i think.

The following users thanked this post: Matty, Malcy

Malcy

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »

bigwave420

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2021, 12:33:53 AM »
Haters gonna hate...8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Malcy

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2021, 10:02:45 AM »
Nice track from Hayes. Was affiliated with Dre & Timbaland.

He also posted this Game 100 Bars & Running snippet. I checked my music though and it was released without DJ so this one is already out there I'm sure.