Author Topic: Does Anybody Remember That Rumor?  (Read 868 times)

Re: Does Anybody Remember That Rumor?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »
Arguably some of his best beats were from that era. There was so much going on but perfectly mixed and all of the sample selection was perfectly tuned.

Back then lots of people were just throwing stuff together just because and most of the end result sounded muddy but Dres stuff was crystal clear with perfect harmonics.

thegooddoc

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »
Poor Charles "Big Chuck" Stanton.

I don't think he understood what the job of A&R was.   It sounds like he had some good input on a couple of signings, but I don't understand what he expected Dre to do.  Dre probably paid him and continued to pay him, until he left on his own. 

If you do a google search of him, it looks like him and Neff U made a movie and soundtrack in 2006 and it bombed.  Neff U continued to make music and I don't see that Big Chuck has done anything. 

thegooddoc

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 02:19:16 PM »
Every time we get into one of these discussions about what Dre did and did not produce, you look at the producers that claimed Dre didn't give them enough credit, and I can't think of one of those producers that created better music, after leaving Aftermath.  A few like Storch, Mike Elizando still create nice beats, but nothing compared to the beats they made with Dre.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »
Yeah, I still own the issue of The Source Magazine this article was in. It was (the A&R of Aftermath) Big Chuck, Mel-Man, Neff-U and Eric B (yes, that Eric B) and I think they were calling themselves The Drama Family? I'll dig up that magazine and take pictures of the article. I think I did type it once and posted it here in the past.

EDIT: Here it is.

props for posting.. but as always, nobody ever seems to do as well when Dre ain't in the building
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

heisenberg

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 08:27:07 PM »
Every time we get into one of these discussions about what Dre did and did not produce, you look at the producers that claimed Dre didn't give them enough credit, and I can't think of one of those producers that created better music, after leaving Aftermath.  A few like Storch, Mike Elizando still create nice beats, but nothing compared to the beats they made with Dre.

yeah there is an interview from fredwreck couple years ago talked about that. he said something like (about people talking on dre) "people talk a lot but where are they now ? why they dont put music out if they are so talented?"

Jay_J

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 10:47:30 PM »
Mel Man IG
https://www.instagram.com/Radar_Live/

its someone else uses same name. not original mel-man

Jay_J

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 10:54:53 PM »
U think? im not sure but check this out?

just a misunderstood. he is not mel-man. once i thought so but hittman said "dude he is not mel-man, he doesnt have twitter or instagram"

Jay_J

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 11:00:55 PM »
Dre steals a lot of stuff - See that time he apparently remade a Mobb Deep beat so well it sounded just like the original LOL - but often ends up putting a layer of shine on it and presents it perfectly. Way better than the original producer could as he's got that vision.

With Dre I see him as a co producer that takes something good to a higher level but has he ever came up with a true solo composition even from back in the days? He's always been a team player in that sense as long his name gets top billing and the kids coming up will happily hand him their tracks to say they worked with Dre so in effect he's just a pimp.

you are wrong about what "producer" means. there is a huge difference beatween a beatmaker and a producer. Dre always says "you can have the beat but you still need to produce it". Making a beat and giving it to an artist to make a record on it doesnt make that beatmaker a producer.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2021, 11:14:25 PM »
U think? im not sure but check this out?

read this conversation between me and hitt and you will see a recent photo of mel-man at the end of flood. (damn he looks like he got sick)

https://twitter.com/HITTMANsince87/status/1292610870757842944?s=20

romson19

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2021, 06:04:18 AM »
interesting... so like i said i'm not sure about that dude Radar Live... just posted my source and i feel U after that I was read ya conversation with hitman
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

dj coma

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2021, 08:47:09 PM »
In my opinion "Heat" doesn't even sound like a Dre-beat.

Heat was actually a beat that was first given to Rakim. I think it may have been one of the main points of friction with him and Dre, because of the gun sounds in the beat. Dre was wanting Rakim to do Gangsta rap like 50 Cent was putting out, and Rakim wasn’t feeling that.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2021, 08:39:52 AM »
Apparently the 'Heat' beat was given to Truth Hurts first (meant to be her intro), but then Dre passed it on to Ra, Busta and (bizarrely) choosing 50 (possibly H.I.T.T.M.A.N as well).

Sounds like it was created in the same sessions as Truck Volume and The Whoop (Dre) and possibly Fly Away (Fredwreck - who's got a few songs with Dre samples on).
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...