Author Topic: Governor (50s R&B Singer) mixtape produced by Dre [LINK]  (Read 473 times)

Jay_J

Re: Governor (50s R&B Singer) mixtape produced by Dre [LINK]
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 12:56:10 AM »
sounds trash.

there are some songs that he sings over instrumentals of a few dr. dre song. rest cant be related to dr. dre at all.

Malcy

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 03:06:40 AM »
Was posted already.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 03:40:07 AM »
sounds trash.

there are some songs that he sings over instrumentals of a few dr. dre song. rest cant be related to dr. dre at all.

Sound like Dre beats to me. Way more than whats been frauded on here and those reference tracks that were shared recently from other producers. If you know a Dre beat you know, if you've got ears made of wood then thats on you.

Track 3 drums are standard Dre. The Al Green flip is dope.
Track 4 sounds like something I've heard Xzibit or someone else rhyme over a reworked version of.
Track 7 with the California Love interpolation has been used somewhere else as well. Sports event?
Track 9 sounds similar to that bootleg Game had with the Rhodes
Track 10 feels like it was produced by Sha Money XL
Track 11 you know what it is
Track 12 evolved into Family Affair
Track 14 feels like a Dreddy beat

Beats are obviously unfinished and unmastered but it gives a good glimpse into Dres vault. I bet its packed with stuff like this, skeleton beats where he sketched out a concept, worked on it, got bored and shelved it. Some tracks he took elements from and made new songs, others evolved into tracks we've heard.

Either way I found it gave me a great insight into Dres workflow and why he's so choosy. People think his vault is filled with completed tracks like Still DRE :lol: Nah man, I think Dre will have three tiers of tracks. The outlines (mainly featured on this tape) that are true throwaways. The sketches (stuff like we heard in the Detox leaks) that he's put a bit more effort into polishing and might've even laid vocals or sent them out for references and the retail jams which are the best of the best.

This is why he's always in the studio but never releases anything. It all makes sense now. He's always creating something but only a handful of tracks make it to the third level where he feels they're worth retail and those ones he'll tweak again and again making the artists do 30 vocal takes till its just right and matches his vision.

Was posted already.

Got a link? Want to see the commentary.

Malcy

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 05:28:20 AM »

Got a link? Want to see the commentary.

Thought it had it's own thread but can't see it, must have been posted in another thread. Totally agree that these are mostly Dre beats, you can tell by hearing them straight away.

romson19

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 05:52:33 AM »
why u think this is fake? Check out the Intro...

and Governor also sings that hook...

btw. all his 3 albums are dope AF!
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 08:50:46 AM »
Thought it had it's own thread but can't see it, must have been posted in another thread. Totally agree that these are mostly Dre beats, you can tell by hearing them straight away.

Yeah, thats why I shared them but you know how people on here get because they're all so up on game when in reality they don't know a thing about anything.  To me it was interesting to peep them for the insight.

Side note: If Dre gives you the nod to perform over his offcuts on a mixtape you ain't never getting a retail release. I remember reading somewhere that most of the Dre beats that 50 got after the issues with Game and the controversy it bought to the brand/money making machine were third tier ones that everyone else had passed on.

My ears don't disagree.

btw. all his 3 albums are dope AF!

Oh there's more? Got dl links?

Orbyte

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 02:59:21 PM »
He's a dope singer but even if you ignore all the dj tags, those tracks are a little hard to listen to sometimes. Like there's too much going on imo.