Author Topic: SUGA FREE & KOKANE - SUGAKANE (Official Discussion)  (Read 4558 times)

-Quikness-

Re: SUGA FREE & KOKANE - SUGAKANE (New Album Coming Soon)
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2021, 02:49:44 PM »
Looking forward to this, think Kokane will bring the best out of Suga Free. Just hope they get the right protection. And the one Koka got coming with Cold 187um should be fire too

heisenberg

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 02:57:04 AM »
the site is up but i can't order anything, it says there is no payment method for my state... really

astra4322

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 03:14:11 AM »
Single this Friday. Can't wait for the whole project - I hope they won't f... this up.

-Davizz-

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 02:06:18 AM »
Finally!!!!

doggfather

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2021, 12:16:10 PM »
like the single!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Safe+Sound

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2021, 06:14:42 PM »
Previewed it on iTunes.... he really needs to invest in better audio equipment and sound engineers. That quality is shit. It would be such a tragedy if this album ends up being good and the audio kills it.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2021, 10:48:30 AM »
Previewed it on iTunes.... he really needs to invest in better audio equipment and sound engineers. That quality is shit. It would be such a tragedy if this album ends up being good and the audio kills it.

like his last album

a classic outside of the mastering

BJV

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2021, 05:19:05 PM »
You can't expect every album to have world class mixing and mastering. The artists we support on this forum are hardly in the mainstream anymore where should they get their budget from? The single sounds tight to me, funky shit.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2021, 06:09:26 PM »
You can't expect every album to have world class mixing and mastering. The artists we support on this forum are hardly in the mainstream anymore where should they get their budget from? The single sounds tight to me, funky shit.

World class is not what I'm asking for - that's not realistic. I'm asking for basic level competency in sound engineering instead of hiring a fucking moron who doesn't know what he's doing. It's not that difficult these days to properly master.

As far as where they should be getting their budget from: these guys have major connections to other artists - like DJ Quik for example. He'll spend maybe $20 grand on his own album and the sound quality is amazing. Quik also mentioned that he's getting a lot more into mastering because of all he's learned over the years from legends like "Big Bass." Second, these artists still do shows and can still afford to have hobbies like dumping a bunch of cash into a lowrider. Maybe take that cash and invest it into decent production instead for a better return? From where Suga Free is at these days on the production tip, there's nowhere else to go but up.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2021, 08:07:31 PM »
World class is not what I'm asking for - that's not realistic. I'm asking for basic level competency in sound engineering instead of hiring a fucking moron who doesn't know what he's doing. It's not that difficult these days to properly master.

As far as where they should be getting their budget from: these guys have major connections to other artists - like DJ Quik for example. He'll spend maybe $20 grand on his own album and the sound quality is amazing. Quik also mentioned that he's getting a lot more into mastering because of all he's learned over the years from legends like "Big Bass." Second, these artists still do shows and can still afford to have hobbies like dumping a bunch of cash into a lowrider. Maybe take that cash and invest it into decent production instead for a better return? From where Suga Free is at these days on the production tip, there's nowhere else to go but up.

top tier mastering doesn’t even cost that much

we’re having the new fatlip project mastered by big bass and it’s very affordable tbh

Safe+Sound

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2021, 04:33:37 PM »

top tier mastering doesn’t even cost that much

we’re having the new fatlip project mastered by big bass and it’s very affordable tbh

Exactly.

astra4322

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2021, 11:40:36 PM »
Any info about release date (album)?

-Davizz-

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2021, 05:42:49 AM »
Today I turned on the most important radio in Italy and for a second I thought.. SugaKane?! Nope. But I found out the sample for the song:

I think they did a great job on this sample, but I do agree they need (but they will never do it) fix a bit mixing and mastering, because it's one of the best song Suga Free and Kokane have done in recent years.

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »

Word.  Paper thin vocals.  But the song is fun, funky and upbeat!  That's the way I like it.
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

So Much Style

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2021, 05:53:18 PM »
Today I turned on the most important radio in Italy and for a second I thought.. SugaKane?! Nope. But I found out the sample for the song:

I think they did a great job on this sample, but I do agree they need (but they will never do it) fix a bit mixing and mastering, because it's one of the best song Suga Free and Kokane have done in recent years.

heard this on xm funk channel today
So much style back at it again