Author Topic: Dr Dre’s Vital Signs added to IMDB  (Read 2112 times)

skjesp

Dr Dre’s Vital Signs added to IMDB
« on: April 12, 2021, 12:01:28 AM »
With full production credits and cast.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5616718/?r

Maybe this will be released after all 🤞

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:48:37 AM by skjesp »

Sccit

Re: Vital Signs added to IMDB
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 12:32:07 AM »
what is this? it’s the first i’m hearing of it

doggfather

Re: Vital Signs added to IMDB
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 01:03:56 AM »
what is this? it’s the first i’m hearing of it

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

skjesp

Re: Dr Dre’s Vital Signs added to IMDB
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 03:52:49 AM »
It’s a tv series originally made for Apple TV+ but got shelved because of too much violence and sex.

mtbsm

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 04:14:56 AM »
IMDB may just exist for benefit of cast, so they have it on their resume for others to be aware of.

Wonder what the soundtrack sounded like - Detox instrumental version 19 or so, probably

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 06:54:29 AM »
https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/apple-makes-scripted-tv-debut-vital-signs-with-dr-dre/

Apple canned it because there was too much gat popping, coke sniffing, bitch slapping, hoo riding going on for them back in 2018. Thing is the world is now ran by thots who do all that before breakfast and you know they'll want to cash in on the curiosity of Dre "coming back from the dead" with something called Vital Signs.

You can see the marketing for it already so I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up hopping out the casket.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 07:08:07 AM »
It’s a tv series originally made for Apple TV+ but got shelved because of too much violence and sex.

was dre in it or just producing?

skjesp

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 07:43:12 AM »
«Multiple sources say the 50-year-old mogul is starring in and executive producing his own six-episode vehicle, dubbed Vital Signs, and the production is being bankrolled by Apple. The series likely will be distributed via Apple Music, the company's subscription streaming site, but it's not clear if Apple TV, the iTunes store or other Apple platforms (or even a traditional television distributor) will be involved. Apple and a rep for Dre declined to comment.

Those who have seen descriptions of the Dr. Dre show say it is billed as semi-autobiographical, with each episode focusing on a different emotion and how Dre’s character deals with it»

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dr-dre-filming-apples-first-864502

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 07:57:00 AM »

Those who have seen descriptions of the Dr. Dre show say it is billed as semi-autobiographical, with each episode focusing on a different emotion and how Dre’s character deals with it

LOL seeing how horrendous Dre is as an actor I expect thats why they really canned it because he's not exactly the most emotive guy out there and that was with the tips he'd been given by top flight thespian Steven Seagal:

Dope title though but bet this will be the TV equivalent of those Detox scraps we've heard. No Topless.

Orbyte

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 09:03:58 AM »
Wondered if someone was going to make a thread about this

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZTVhNzJkMzQtYjcwYy00NjZjLThjYjktYmU1MzkzMTdkOGFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzMzQxMjQy._V1_FMjpg_UX1280_.jpg

That preview pic has got "amazon" in it's link, so people think that Amazon aquired the rights. I hope that it will come out, the only stumbling block was Apple back then.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 09:19:26 AM »
LOL seeing how horrendous Dre is as an actor I expect thats why they really canned it because he's not exactly the most emotive guy out there and that was with the tips he'd been given by top flight thespian Steven Seagal:

Dope title though but bet this will be the TV equivalent of those Detox scraps we've heard. No Topless.

watch yo mouth

the wash was hilarious

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 09:21:46 AM »
Lets have a prediction, eh @Sccit but not using your "Wow its awesome" to "Yeah its literally the most awesome thing ever" rating scale that you normally use for Dre but a regular 1 - 10. 1 being a total waste of time and 10 being something you'll rewatch again and again rate what you think this Dre creative output will be, for posterity, once it released.

I'd say a solid 3 ie Compton status.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 09:52:40 AM »
For reference, I present this Oscar worthy performance:

Wow, much acting. Such nuance. Dre really immersed himself in the role, I only realized it was him once I checked the credits, watched the film again, still didn't realize it was Dre and had to literally sit there with a pic of Dre on one side of the screen and the movie playing on the other before I picked him out as he was so amazing good in that role.

You can see why they called him Killer. In that role of miscreants and misfits he stands out as the coldest, hardest and meanest of them all - ready to roll in a moment. Hoo, give that man a trophy.

Just rewatched this scene again and look, from the casual, natural and nonchalant swagger when Dre gets out of the truck (and looks nothing at all like a moving version of his infamous Superthug pose) to the way he effortlessly delivers the lines in such a believable fashion with a full range of emotion. Look at the nuance and familiarity with Denzel and he switches it up when speaking to the white guy. Not to mention the gum chewing which wasn't at all to hide his nervousness and help him pace his lines instead of spitting them out in one go.

Dre's genius knows no limits. Oh and @Scitt, you gone keep ucking around and turn me back to the old me.

Signed Jamal.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 09:59:20 AM »
dre acting casual LA style wow breath like 16

please no victor i like victor no more jamal please :'(

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 10:08:40 AM »
Respect.