Author Topic: Are Snoop, Doggpound, Xzibit and Dre risking alienating their fans?  (Read 767 times)

Proc pka KP

This isn't so much aimed at Dre but Snoop hyped up what the fans wanted then released a total clown show. Xzibit hyped new tracks, then a bait and switch sold the same product. Doggpound hypes up a new album that turns out to be a soundtrack with old music. Dre turned detox hype into a soundtrack dud and he's back to his old style yet we all wonder if anything ever comes of it after Compton was his 'grand finale'.

Re: Are Snoop, Doggpound, Xzibit and Dre risking alienating their fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 05:27:39 AM »
Of course not. The main fan base are a bunch of dick riders who've been down with them since they were actual artists and not just living off former glories. Much like their idols they hope for a resurrection of their own crappy lives as they comfort themselves remembering better days (better days heeyyyyyyyyy) back before they all jumped the shark together.

The psychological investment is too immense for them to back off now, WHICH IS WHY FEELINGS GET CAUGHT ON THE REGULAR IF YOU EVER DARE DISRESPECT THEIR HERO AS THEY TAKE IT REAL PERSONAL LIKE.

Proc pka KP

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 11:19:46 AM »
I was watching a show about Infinte's boy, Mystakal. Said he had NOT made a song in over 20 years.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:31:36 AM by Taco Ruiz »

Safe+Sound

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »
I love Snoop, DPG, Dre and X. But reality is reality. They're shadows of their former selves. All we'll ever get now is a few good crumbs here and there. The feast has been over for 15+ years.

As far as recycling tracks and misleading fans, I get it. Snoop's "Look Around" is like 15 years old and shorter than the original version too. He made a similar move with "Vapors" a couple albums ago. Fucking bullshit. But hey what can we do? Snoop doesn't even need record money anymore so record sales don't have the effects they used to. And Dr Dre? Forget it. He doesn't need us any more. X? He's on a cannabis grind. It's a wrap people. Just take what you can get and leave the rest.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, topdogg188

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »
Careful there Safe+Sound, CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK MAY HAVE TO BAN YO AZZ FOR DARING TO SPEAK DOWN ON THE MIGHTY MIGHTY WEST (even though the only switches they hit these days are on those hydraulic lounge chairs to get up from because their old ass hips hurt).

Listen to other genres, expand your range. Rap is done and has been cooked for a long time as most of these new jacks are dripping wack juice that people force themselves to believe are dropping classics because there is so much noise out there. Facts are anyone who is lauded now wouldn't even be a C Lister back in 96 because thats when the competition was fierce and rap was what it truly was.

Now its just a joke. But for real who the F wants to hear 50 year old multi millionaires talking about moving keys, busting caps and a bunch of ignorant chit they've already said a billion times before? Obviously most of the people on here but personally I find it all so derivative, trying to get by on former glories to fool the listener and themselves they've still got it when they ain't. At all.

Will still peep for that new Doctor Snoopy album where he unveils his Nigmund Freud alter ego who sniffs a lot of cocaine and busts psychological raps. On the real I actually would listen to that. Know why?

Its creative.

The following users thanked this post: Safe+Sound

Safe+Sound

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 05:27:28 PM »
Careful there Safe+Sound, CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK MAY HAVE TO BAN YO AZZ FOR DARING TO SPEAK DOWN ON THE MIGHTY MIGHTY WEST (even though the only switches they hit these days are on those hydraulic lounge chairs to get up from because their old ass hips hurt).

Listen to other genres, expand your range. Rap is done and has been cooked for a long time as most of these new jacks are dripping wack juice that people force themselves to believe are dropping classics because there is so much noise out there. Facts are anyone who is lauded now wouldn't even be a C Lister back in 96 because thats when the competition was fierce and rap was what it truly was.

Now its just a joke. But for real who the F wants to hear 50 year old multi millionaires talking about moving keys, busting caps and a bunch of ignorant chit they've already said a billion times before? Obviously most of the people on here but personally I find it all so derivative, trying to get by on former glories to fool the listener and themselves they've still got it when they ain't. At all.

Will still peep for that new Doctor Snoopy album where he unveils his Nigmund Freud alter ego who sniffs a lot of cocaine and busts psychological raps. On the real I actually would listen to that. Know why?

Its creative.

The way I see it, anyone born and raised in LA has carte blanche to say whatever they want about their own city's artists (hell, everyone does but I'm just making a point haha). Shit, Crooked I made a song called "W's Down" dissing other west coast artists who didn't keep it a buck and rep the coast right. We're allowed to clean our own house  8)

As far as expanding genres, I grew up on oldies... the same shit all these artists got their inspiration from. So there's a whole world of music out there that offers a TON of quality content outside of rap - and it existed before I was born. There's so much of it, I'm still catching up haha. Speaking of which, Anderson .Paak & Bruno Mars are bringing back music in a real way. That song Leave The Door Open was fucking incredible. Glad Dr. Dre scooped up .Paak and supercharged his career.

midwestryder

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 09:19:50 PM »
This isn't so much aimed at Dre but Snoop hyped up what the fans wanted then released a total clown show. Xzibit hyped new tracks, then a bait and switch sold the same product. Doggpound hypes up a new album that turns out to be a soundtrack with old music. Dre turned detox hype into a soundtrack dud and he's back to his old style yet we all wonder if anything ever comes of it after Compton was his 'grand finale'.
it shows you have no fucking clue what you're talkin about . Dr. DRE never turn detox hype into a soundtrack.. the new Snoop album was all right and had a few good dope tracks and wasn't garbage.. I didn't hear Xzibit hyping anything and he didn't promise anything. So you're wrong about Xzibit and the last dope thing Xzibit put out with with serial killers. . It shows you're not a real fan and you don't know shit about West Coast and you're just another Pretender

Proc pka KP

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 06:36:46 PM »
He's not wrong and Xzibit promised new tracks with restless release.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 03:21:42 PM »
I'm not sure why y'all talking about Xzibit. His last album was great. It's a good thing he's taking his time on his next album.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Proc pka KP

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 07:01:06 PM »
Of course it was. Maybe you got the bonus tracks from restless re-release.

Okka

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 11:52:14 PM »
Of course it was. Maybe you got the bonus tracks from restless re-release.

I was talkin' about "Napalm". Are you mad 'cause we didn't get those bonus songs?

Proc pka KP

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 08:30:33 AM »
Nah and I already agreed with you about Napalm over a decade ago.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

D-TalkX

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 10:16:31 AM »
They are all very much talked about and discussed...no way of alienating them when that goes on - good or bad.

topdogg188

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 02:58:53 AM »
I just wish they would top it off with one last DPG Clique album then do their separate thing and I'd be happy with that as a fan. One album - 20 tracks with RBX, Lady of Rage, Warren G, Tray Deee, 1 unreleased Bad Azz verse, 1 unreleased Nate Dogg verse/hook, Snoop, Daz & Kurupt, Goldie Loc. Main Producer Battlecat, 1 or 2 tracks from Dre, Dj Quik, Fredwreck ,Amplifed and Meech Wells. I'd never ask for anymore after that!