Author Topic: DJ QUIK BURNS HIS DEATH ROW ROYALTY CHECK & PUTS THE INDUSTRY ON NOTICE  (Read 2190 times)

Sccit

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Quik has a shitty attitude. If that shit meant that much to u you should’ve been on it when those albums came out. Smh

Sccit

Quik has a shitty attitude. If that shit meant that much to u you should’ve been on it when those albums came out. Smh

that’s who he .. that petty flamboyance is lowkey a part of what make him great. a lot of goats move like that .. prince, michael, mercury......gota let em do them, can’t put that flame out n hinder the brilliance that comes along wit some extra.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I’m a huge fan of Quiks music but dude needs to stop living in the past. Release some new shit and become a king on your own. I know he’s got the talent and the music in the vault right now to release a record bigger than Detox. But as of now seems like he’s going down in history as someone who has lost all faith in his skills and is too worried about tarnishing his legacy to release anything new. He’s on here complaining about songs that are 25+ years old?  Come on now.

thegooddoc

Quik has always had a petty streak, which has probably prevented him from his full potential.  I remember him going off on 2nd II None because they passed on the Heartz of Men beat.  WTF, 2Pac killed that beat. 

He admitted that he dissed Dre on U Ain't Fresh, because he thought Dre was dissing him on What's the Difference, even though it was clear that he wasn't. 

It seemed like he was always beefin with his own crew, preventing them from releasing more music.

The guy was a musical genius back in the day.  I guess he is just trying to stay relevant.

Ebony Bree Caple

I’m a huge fan of Quiks music but dude needs to stop living in the past. Release some new shit and become a king on your own. I know he’s got the talent and the music in the vault right now to release a record bigger than Detox. But as of now seems like he’s going down in history as someone who has lost all faith in his skills and is too worried about tarnishing his legacy to release anything new. He’s on here complaining about songs that are 25+ years old?  Come on now.

If Quik burning cheques I don't think he's worried bout much to be honest
STRUGGLING TO KEEP IT REAL IN A WORLD FULL OF FAKES

Tony Trey

I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for Quik.  He's been in the music industry a long time.  If he really did contribute to all those projects and artists that he mentioned, then he should've known better and should've had his lawyer review all the paperwork before doing business.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
If Quik burning cheques I don't think he's worried bout much to be honest

I’m surprised you even kno who Quik is cac beezy

sheparali

Y'all sound like bums. Give that man his credit & money, which he deserves.

Sccit

I’m surprised you even kno who Quik is cac beezy

shes a big west coast head

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: DJ QUIK BURNS HIS DEATH ROW ROYALTY CHECK & PUTS THE INDUSTRY ON NOTICE
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 10:26:24 AM »
I'm not taking anything away from Quik, because he's a legend, but like Dr. Dre used to say.  If you believe you were responsible for all these classic hit songs, then make them again.  You say you did All Eyez on Me?  Then make another All Eyez On Me. 

Quik is a fantastic musician, no doubt, but he does his best work when someone is handling the business side of things, like Suge Knight, or Arista, or Profile or Dr Dre.  Or producing for other people.  Someone telling him he has a deadline, this song has to be put out. When left to his on vices to release something independently, or trying to start up a project on his own, he fails big time.  Not in a music sense, but in a business sense.   I remember him saying Arista rushed him to release Balance and Options and he wasn't happy with it.  He'd probably still be working on that album to this day if they hadn't have done that.  It takes more to be a successful artist than just making good songs.

Shawn Anthony, Amir, Gift Reynolds, DJ Blake III, etc.  Every album he has some new protege being forced down our throats and us being Quik fans, give them a chance, and in 6 months, the new artist is an afterthought.  So many shelved projects, I can't even name them all.  He's always beefing with his old crew, then a few months later they are best friends again.  Dissed the Game on Book of David, then he's on Game's next album. 

We give Snoop crap for releasing a bunch of garbage, but we can still pick out a handful of good songs from each project.  I think i'd rather have that, than someone like Quik who won't release anything because he can't ever get it 'perfect' enough. 

It's tough being a Quik fan at times. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:32:38 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist, badab00m

Jay_J

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 01:16:21 PM »
wow. very sad for him. if you are a king, a legend, a LORd? act like one. you cant cry like a baby if you claim that you are the best ever.

he said before he brought drum kits to dre for "in da club" and "if i can't". so what? does it mean you are going to take credit for the production? that's silly.

quik never became mainstream. i know we all think he deserved better with his musical abilities but he couldnt get it. so he needs to ask himself why before blaming others for credits that he couldnt get.

a few weeks ago he also called himself "2nd most important arcitecht of west coast hip-hop". let people decide it. battlecat is also very fucking underrated producer but i never see him crying. however i had chance to talk to many music producers from all around the world from different kind of genres trough social media and im so surprised that a lot professional musicians and producers are battlecat fans.

whats wrong with quik nowadays? did he lost money and in a fucked up situation or he got old and grumpy?

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist

woof

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 02:48:51 PM »
188 dollars royalty check though ??

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 03:31:35 PM »
I’ll give him this. It is pretty fuckin crazy of Kendrick to not credit Quik on king Kunte

thegooddoc

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 03:42:26 PM »
I’ll give him this. It is pretty fuckin crazy of Kendrick to not credit Quik on king Kunte

Does anyone know if that is even true?  Itunes lists David Blake as a writer, wikipedia states they used the Suga Free sample and credits Quik.  Isn't that pretty standard for using a sample.  The label has to clear it before use and the credits are worked out between the parties.  His complaints regarding Kendrick are bizarre. How else does Kendrick or TDE credit him?