Author Topic: Dj Quik wanted to do a whole 2Pac album.  (Read 899 times)

abusive

Dj Quik wanted to do a whole 2Pac album.
« on: May 15, 2021, 06:41:16 AM »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

Re: Dj Quik wanted to do a whole 2Pac album.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 09:31:35 PM »
woulda been a 10/10 classic

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 08:24:17 AM »
Would’ve been amazing. Good thing he never did because it wouldn’t have ever been released. Quik would still be working on it to this day.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 10:00:21 AM »
If they would've just done it at the time... man, what a record that would've been.

So many prospective gems were floating around that just never came to fruition. It's seems like there just needed to be more days in the year.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 10:44:50 PM »
I'm usually meh on topics like this one... because it's like the Slick Rick quote from the Show I always come back to... "everybody got they props or they wouldn't be producin', but sometimes if you mix this with this, it ain't gonna work".

So normally I hate these topics about pairing two great artists together for an album and folks jump on it just based off name recognition.... that shit never used to happen in the golden age of rap... it wasn't till No Limit started doing it that the game lost it's authenticity and people were like, "Oh I love Snoop, I love No Limit, this is gonna be classic..." and Master P laughed all the way to the bank.. that was easy money for him in those days.  Ever since all rappers have been doing songs with each other even when it doesn't fit, I mean even Outlawz and Junior Mafia did an album together didn't they?? 

But Pac and Quik album would've worked.  The body of work they already have together proves it... and they had good chemistry... similar camps and backgrounds.  This would've worked.  Quik's sound was not that far from Johnny J's sound in those days.... and Johnny J was of course Pac's go to guy
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 11:01:27 PM »
outlawz did an album wit junior mafia??

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 01:26:57 AM »
No

abusive

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 06:02:49 AM »
I don't think I would want a full project maybe half an album. I didn't like the way Quik handle second 2 none back in the day and I didn't like some of masburg's project. But I had makavelli #5 in like '99 and Quik had a few joints on there that was good. Did he do geto star with bad azz?

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 08:28:36 AM »
^^ ghetto star was any banks

The following users thanked this post: abusive

jman91331

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »
I don't think I would want a full project maybe half an album. I didn't like the way Quik handle second 2 none back in the day and I didn't like some of masburg's project. But I had makavelli #5 in like '99 and Quik had a few joints on there that was good. Did he do geto star with bad azz?
2nd II None's album Tha Shit that was supposed to be on Death Row at that time and Maussburg's albums was some of Quinn's best production at that time.

jman91331

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 07:46:51 PM »
I would've prefered a Pac album produced by Warren G. His beats at that time meshed with Pac's style. 

abusive

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 06:11:55 AM »
I would've prefered a Pac album produced by Warren G. His beats at that time meshed with Pac's style.
The same way you feel here I feel about second ii none and masburg. The production from Quik is always going to be top notch but imo it didn't fit their styles. I love punk muthaz and if you want it and that was about it. I don't like a lot of uptempo stuff from gangsta rappers. Mainly slower, darker type beats.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2021, 07:47:40 AM »
^^damn i thought non-fiction and classic 220 were both classix

kingsol81

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 07:35:19 AM »
Would’ve been amazing. Good thing he never did because it wouldn’t have ever been released. Quik would still be working on it to this day.
??? I think ur thinking of Dre.

kingsol81

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2021, 07:39:31 AM »
Yeah, Pac over Warren beats are some of my favourites, crazy to think if Rich woulda got Warrens message to Pac before Suge talked to him the outcome probably woulda been way different.