Author Topic: Daz Dillinger - Top Ten Beats  (Read 996 times)

thegooddoc

Re: Daz Dillinger - Top Ten Beats
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2021, 09:07:29 PM »
Your list would be better if you only included songs that Daz produced.  Rat tat tat tat was produced by Dre.  Ain't No Fun is credited to Dre, with production by Warren G.  Even Snoop said it wouldn't have been shit without Dre.

Snoop Doggy Dogg said Dr. Dre was capable of making beats without the help of collaborators and addressed the issues with Warren G and Daz, stating "They made beats, Dre produced that record". He discussed the track "Ain't No Fun", mentioning that Daz and Warren G brought Dr. Dre the beat but "Dre took that muthafucka to the next level!"

"Let's play house" has Dre's sound all over it and to be fair, almost every great Daz beat happened when Dre was at Death Row.  After Dre left, Daz fell off hard. 

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 10:06:32 PM »
we all know daz goes best wit others producing his beats .. it is what it is

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 11:10:42 PM »
Your list would be better if you only included songs that Daz produced.  Rat tat tat tat was produced by Dre.  Ain't No Fun is credited to Dre, with production by Warren G.  Even Snoop said it wouldn't have been shit without Dre.

Snoop Doggy Dogg said Dr. Dre was capable of making beats without the help of collaborators and addressed the issues with Warren G and Daz, stating "They made beats, Dre produced that record". He discussed the track "Ain't No Fun", mentioning that Daz and Warren G brought Dr. Dre the beat but "Dre took that muthafucka to the next level!"

"Let's play house" has Dre's sound all over it and to be fair, almost every great Daz beat happened when Dre was at Death Row.  After Dre left, Daz fell off hard.

Very interesting... love Daz, but one of his fatal flaws was hating on Dre... I mean after all Dre did for these guys.. it's likely he learned most of his production technique from Dre during the Chronic era and Dre took them all from nobodies to platinum stars... If Dre wanted to he could of even probably called himself a producer on the Dogg Food album but since Daz was in the group it looked a lot better given Daz full production credits and just putting Dre down as mixing the album.

I've always been curious to find out more about what exactly Dre did and didn't do on the Dogg Pound album.  It seems his paws were all over it cause you have him introducing the album at the beginning and then coming back on after the first record to intro track 3... then you even got him showing up in the lead single and video "Let's Play House".  I can't imagine that record being as flawless as it was without Dre's gold standard.  Even before the Dogg Food record he was all up in the "What Would You Do" video which shows he believed in them and was backing them.  With how fully produced that record is with Jewell coming in at the end I think Dre was probably even mixing that as well, anybody got the album credits on that?  (my cases were stolen in 01')

To Daz credit though he had a heroic effort on Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  A lot of those track though were from his stash of great records he had accumulated from the Death Row prime era.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

Jay_J

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2021, 12:06:36 AM »
"Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?" was produced by Soopafly.

you are right, my fault... i fixed it.

Jay_J

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2021, 12:08:49 AM »
we all know daz goes best wit others producing his beats .. it is what it is

we also know dre goes best with other co producers and musicians.

i don't see anything wrong with daz teaming up with others to produce. thats how it goes..

dnjp4life

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 03:21:57 AM »
I always thought Warren G produced 21 Jumpstreet??

The booklet says Daz produced the track, with input from Sean 'Barney Rubble' Thomas and Carl 'Butch' Small.

What Would You Do does indeed have Dr. Dre down as a mixer of the track, it makes sense since there is a Dr. Dre mix version available which is essentially the same as the CD version but with subtle differences to the beat.

On topic, I also like the intro track to Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back, mainly because it pounds the speakers in a major way.  The same can be said for the beat to DPGC Muzicc and a lot of other Daz productions to be fair.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2021, 07:45:26 AM »
we also know dre goes best with other co producers and musicians.

i don't see anything wrong with daz teaming up with others to produce. thats how it goes..

yea daz tries to be what dre is, but doesn’t have that level of technical ability behind the boards

don’t get me wrong daz is dope as hell, but he’s no dre if we keepin it a buck

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 12:32:30 PM »
Very interesting... love Daz, but one of his fatal flaws was hating on Dre... I mean after all Dre did for these guys.. it's likely he learned most of his production technique from Dre during the Chronic era and Dre took them all from nobodies to platinum stars... If Dre wanted to he could of even probably called himself a producer on the Dogg Food album but since Daz was in the group it looked a lot better given Daz full production credits and just putting Dre down as mixing the album.

I've always been curious to find out more about what exactly Dre did and didn't do on the Dogg Pound album.  It seems his paws were all over it cause you have him introducing the album at the beginning and then coming back on after the first record to intro track 3... then you even got him showing up in the lead single and video "Let's Play House".  I can't imagine that record being as flawless as it was without Dre's gold standard.  Even before the Dogg Food record he was all up in the "What Would You Do" video which shows he believed in them and was backing them.  With how fully produced that record is with Jewell coming in at the end I think Dre was probably even mixing that as well, anybody got the album credits on that?  (my cases were stolen in 01')

To Daz credit though he had a heroic effort on Revenge Retaliation and Get Back.  A lot of those track though were from his stash of great records he had accumulated from the Death Row prime era.

everyone knows dre ghost produced dogg food

he was only credited as a mixer though

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »

yep...some of his best work imo

abusive

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2021, 02:26:21 PM »

Why?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »
Why?

because they were tryna build daz’s resume as a producer and because he got no credit on doggystyle and the chronic

The following users thanked this post: abusive

abusive

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2021, 04:29:22 PM »

because they were tryna build daz’s resume as a producer and because he got no credit on doggystyle and the chronic
What's your source?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Jay_J

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2021, 01:50:39 AM »
yea daz tries to be what dre is, but doesn’t have that level of technical ability behind the boards

don’t get me wrong daz is dope as hell, but he’s no dre if we keepin it a buck

no i don't get it wrong. i agree all of your words. everybody wants to be dre but nobody can.

without daz there wouldnt be chronic or doggystyle, without mel-man and scott storch there wouldnt be 2001, without luis resto and jeff bass there wouldnt be lots of eminem albums.

but dre is the guy who is able to find the missing links and important pieces to put together.

daz is a good beatmaker and one of architectures of g-funk and brought a lot good material to death row studios for great albums.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
What's your source?

i think snoop said it on dubcnn but a lot of us figured that beforehand

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 09:52:35 AM »
no i don't get it wrong. i agree all of your words. everybody wants to be dre but nobody can.

without daz there wouldnt be chronic or doggystyle, without mel-man and scott storch there wouldnt be 2001, without luis resto and jeff bass there wouldnt be lots of eminem albums.

but dre is the guy who is able to find the missing links and important pieces to put together.

daz is a good beatmaker and one of architectures of g-funk and brought a lot good material to death row studios for great albums.

i disagree

pieces like daz, mel-man, elizando, storch etc are interchangeable

dre is not