Author Topic: Daz Dillinger - Top Ten Beats  (Read 997 times)

Okka

Re: Daz Dillinger - Top Ten Beats
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 01:46:29 PM »
no i don't get it wrong. i agree all of your words. everybody wants to be dre but nobody can.

without daz there wouldnt be chronic or doggystyle, without mel-man and scott storch there wouldnt be 2001, without luis resto and jeff bass there wouldnt be lots of eminem albums.

but dre is the guy who is able to find the missing links and important pieces to put together.

daz is a good beatmaker and one of architectures of g-funk and brought a lot good material to death row studios for great albums.

Without Colin Wolfe there is no "The Chronic". Daz really didn't do that much on that album. You give him way too much credit. Scott Storch only played on a few of the songs on "2001" too. You have wrong information. Years and years of people trying to discredit Dr. Dre has clearly made some people come up with false narratives.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Jay_J

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2021, 01:31:11 AM »
Without Colin Wolfe there is no "The Chronic". Daz really didn't do that much on that album. You give him way too much credit. Scott Storch only played on a few of the songs on "2001" too. You have wrong information. Years and years of people trying to discredit Dr. Dre has clearly made some people come up with false narratives.

what i am doing is not discrediting Dre. and i think u have less information. Scott is inolved with 7 songs.

when it comes to daz, he brought a lot beats to the table both on chronic and doggystyle. but that doesnt make him the producer and its not discrediting Dre. daz is a good beatmaker.

Jay_J

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2021, 01:41:37 AM »

i disagree

pieces like daz, mel-man, elizando, storch etc are interchangeable

dre is not

i agree dre is interchangable, i already told without dre those pieces dont make a puzzle don but without them with different names you'd listen to something else... it wouldnt be chronic or 2001.

if scott and dre wouldnt meet, we didnt have chance to listen to a lot hits we admire.

i want to mention camara kambon here also. he is very underrated and getting no props from you guys.

Jay_J

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2021, 01:51:16 AM »

i disagree

pieces like daz, mel-man, elizando, storch etc are interchangeable

dre is not

he got dawaun parker and mark batson around when he prouced relapse. it didnt work.

he got focus, trevor, dem jointz when he produced compton. and it didnt work either.

so, musicians and co-producers pieces are really important.

Even rappers. without eminem "my name is" beat wouldnt shine. neihter dre. dre says that. not me.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 08:05:55 AM »
the beats on relapse were classic dre.. the problem was eminem’s vocals

compton i consider an overall classic, just the style of rap was different .. nothing wrong wit the production tho

Jay_J

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2021, 02:00:03 PM »

compton i consider an overall classic, just the style of rap was different .. nothing wrong wit the production tho

nope. it wasn'T em. em was even greater than ever on some tracks. 3am, insane, same song and dance, stay wide awake.. incredible flow and rhymes.

the problem is production was old fashioned. mark and dawaun also wasnt good enough to bring a new/smart ideas to the table. thats why dre give up on releasing detox after reaction to relapse. he realised detox will fail.

when it comes to compton, only thing i liked was dre's vocal and rap. problem was production again. it was like dre let his new musician team and artists to show their abilities like he did on aftermath compilation. it failed too. only he could earn from that album was anderson paak.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2021, 06:32:05 PM »
nope. it wasn'T em. em was even greater than ever on some tracks. 3am, insane, same song and dance, stay wide awake.. incredible flow and rhymes.

the problem is production was old fashioned. mark and dawaun also wasnt good enough to bring a new/smart ideas to the table. thats why dre give up on releasing detox after reaction to relapse. he realised detox will fail.

when it comes to compton, only thing i liked was dre's vocal and rap. problem was production again. it was like dre let his new musician team and artists to show their abilities like he did on aftermath compilation. it failed too. only he could earn from that album was anderson paak.

you’re the first person i’ve heard say that

damn near everyone said em’s accents ruined the album for them

thegooddoc

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2021, 06:57:57 PM »

Relapse was a classic.  The production was flawless.  Most people hated Eminem's accent on the album and some people had a problem with it being a concept album that was hard to relate to.  Not everyone wanted to hear him fascinate about being a serial killer.

As far as Compton, I am surprised to hear anyone complain about the production value of that album.  The attention to detail and the production on the album is insane and has definitely aged well.  I think Dre hurt himself by not having a single like "Still Dre" and generally not promoting the album. 

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

rcg

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2021, 12:19:16 AM »
What's your source?

Photo de profil de nanci.fletcher
nanci.fletcher
#FBF “Respect” by The Dogg Pound featuring Dr. Dre, Prince Ital Joe and ‘ME’‼‼ produced by Dr. Dr, recorded at Can-Am Studios in Tarzana, California
This session to me is kinda vague cuz it happened so fast. I think they were delayed in finishing the ‘Dogg Pound’ album so we had to work fast. Daz, Kurupt and Ital Joe recorded their parts at Can Am Studios and me and Dre recorded our parts at Dre’s ‘in-home’ studio in Calabasas which was called ‘Dre’s Crib’. Dre used samples from a ‘Geroge Clinton’ song ‘Flashlight’ and ‘The Lady of Rage’ song ‘Afro Puffs’ in this song. I put that ‘Brides of Funkenstien’ sound on this one too. SIDEBAR‼‼! I just found out as I was writing this post that ‘Prince Ital Joe’ passed away in 2001‼ 😲😪RIP! I had no idea and am really shocked and saddened by this news. He was killed in a car accident. He was only around 36 years old‼ I also found out that he kinda took my same path, raised in Brooklyn then went to LA to pursue his dream as an entertainer, except he was born in the ‘Commonwealth of Dominica’. I had met him before we did this song but I wish we could’ve recorded together. He had dat smooth ‘rasta’ vibe and spirit and he really ‘did his thang’ on this song. Dang, such a tragedy, he’ll be missed in this industry!

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, abusive

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2021, 12:21:27 AM »
Photo de profil de nanci.fletcher
nanci.fletcher
#FBF “Respect” by The Dogg Pound featuring Dr. Dre, Prince Ital Joe and ‘ME’‼‼ produced by Dr. Dr, recorded at Can-Am Studios in Tarzana, California
This session to me is kinda vague cuz it happened so fast. I think they were delayed in finishing the ‘Dogg Pound’ album so we had to work fast. Daz, Kurupt and Ital Joe recorded their parts at Can Am Studios and me and Dre recorded our parts at Dre’s ‘in-home’ studio in Calabasas which was called ‘Dre’s Crib’. Dre used samples from a ‘Geroge Clinton’ song ‘Flashlight’ and ‘The Lady of Rage’ song ‘Afro Puffs’ in this song. I put that ‘Brides of Funkenstien’ sound on this one too. SIDEBAR‼‼! I just found out as I was writing this post that ‘Prince Ital Joe’ passed away in 2001‼ 😲😪RIP! I had no idea and am really shocked and saddened by this news. He was killed in a car accident. He was only around 36 years old‼ I also found out that he kinda took my same path, raised in Brooklyn then went to LA to pursue his dream as an entertainer, except he was born in the ‘Commonwealth of Dominica’. I had met him before we did this song but I wish we could’ve recorded together. He had dat smooth ‘rasta’ vibe and spirit and he really ‘did his thang’ on this song. Dang, such a tragedy, he’ll be missed in this industry!

another 1

Jay_J

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2021, 12:27:20 AM »

you’re the first person i’ve heard say that

damn near everyone said em’s accents ruined the album for them

yeah i wasn't happy with the accent but that was not the whole problem. think that dre relases another album sounds like 2001 today. it can't be succesful. if relapse could be released in early 2000s it would rock! by the way bagpipes from bagdad must be the best beat dre did since that day and yeah eminem ruined it with stupid mariah carey issue.

i've read a lot about comments on compton. most agree on it's not succesful. but i respect your opinion. this is music and art. everybody has different tastes. i dont judge that.

Okka

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2021, 06:56:26 AM »
what i am doing is not discrediting Dre. and i think u have less information. Scott is inolved with 7 songs.

when it comes to daz, he brought a lot beats to the table both on chronic and doggystyle. but that doesnt make him the producer and its not discrediting Dre. daz is a good beatmaker.

Daz did not have any beats on "The Chronic". I'm sorry, but you're wrong. You don't seem to know who Colin Wolfe even is, so I think I'm done talking about this. You're right about Scott Storch being involved with 7 songs on "2001" though.

Jay_J

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2021, 07:35:51 AM »
Daz did not have any beats on "The Chronic". I'm sorry, but you're wrong. You don't seem to know who Colin Wolfe even is, so I think I'm done talking about this. You're right about Scott Storch being involved with 7 songs on "2001" though.

i know very well about Colin Wolfe bro. i know well about dre's production credits and all members of his crew till wcwc till now. i won't be humble about it. but i have to admit that i still learn new things. do you know scott replayed keys for "97 bonnie and clyde" of eminem and not credited. anyway daz claims that he has beats on chronic and doggystyle. i don't think he lies about it. but he is wrong if he says "i produced songs". producing is way different than making a beat or creating a melody. scott did the same mistake with saying he did "cry me a river". no he just brought ideas and melodies to the table. he was a piece of orchestra. maestro was timbaland. u might get me right now.

Okka

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2021, 11:41:46 AM »
i know very well about Colin Wolfe bro. i know well about dre's production credits and all members of his crew till wcwc till now. i won't be humble about it. but i have to admit that i still learn new things. do you know scott replayed keys for "97 bonnie and clyde" of eminem and not credited. anyway daz claims that he has beats on chronic and doggystyle. i don't think he lies about it. but he is wrong if he says "i produced songs". producing is way different than making a beat or creating a melody. scott did the same mistake with saying he did "cry me a river". no he just brought ideas and melodies to the table. he was a piece of orchestra. maestro was timbaland. u might get me right now.

Daz has only said he produced "Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat" and even though he's one of my favorite rappers / producers of all time, he's a well known liar. Colin Wolfe produced the album with Dr. Dre. Warren G gave them old records to take samples from. Why would Colin Wolfe lie about what Daz and Warren G did?

Game-Won

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2021, 03:25:46 AM »
Rather lie to you and Raw was amazing.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe