Author Topic: SOOPAFLY (New Album Coming Soon)  (Read 1493 times)

doggfather

Re: SOOPAFLY (New Album Coming Soon)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2021, 11:10:23 PM »
soopa on def jam?!

Cant imagine that.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Safe+Sound

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 02:56:39 PM »
soopa on def jam?!

Cant imagine that.

I know right? Haha. Couldn't imagine Snoop on Def Jam either. Let's hope he uses his influence to shine a light on some talent that's been in the game for a minute and hasn't gotten the red (or blue) carpet treatment. Soopafly would definitely fit the bill.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2021, 06:59:39 PM »
Fun facts about Soopafly:

His first gig was playing the keys for Dre and Ice Cube’s “Natural Born Killaz” as an unknown 19-year-old.

He also contributed to "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" for the Friday soundtrack and added his drums to "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?" for Murder Was The Case.

He initially met Dr. Dre and was working with him before meeting Daz or Kurupt. First song he worked on with Daz was "What Would You Do".

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, h2k4

Proc pka KP

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2021, 03:13:03 AM »
Remember when Daz was tryna replace Kurupt with Soop then Soop disappeared. I'd have rather they both were Doggpound than either or. Whoopty was dope as fuck high hopes on him Doggpound with Daz.

Okka

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2021, 04:55:42 AM »

His first gig was playing the keys for Dre and Ice Cube’s “Natural Born Killaz” as an unknown 19-year-old.

He also contributed to "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" for the Friday soundtrack and added his drums to "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?" for Murder Was The Case.

He initially met Dr. Dre and was working with him before meeting Daz or Kurupt. First song he worked on with Daz was "What Would You Do".

Soopafly produced "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?". That's a fact. Come on now.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Jay_J

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2021, 05:26:54 AM »

He also contributed to "Keep Their Heads Ringin'" for the Friday soundtrack

what did he do for "keep their heads ringin"?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2021, 07:08:09 AM »

Daz & Soopafly are cousins. No?

Safe+Sound

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2021, 10:26:02 AM »
Soopafly produced "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?". That's a fact. Come on now.

Here's the article: https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.16662/title.soopafly-talks-work-on-the-new-detox-hits-with-dr-dre-tha-dogg-pound

Here's the quote: “Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?” I would have to admit that when we did the song it had my drums to it. Dre changed the drums, made ‘em his drums that he liked. At the time I was like, “Ah, I want my drums.” But then I listened back and I’m glad he changed it, because his ears is and was much, much more polished than mine.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2021, 10:29:31 AM »
Daz & Soopafly are cousins. No?

Doesn't look like it, no. Here's the quote by Soopafly in the interview: So, I met Kurupt first. And then we did a song together. And then he introduced me to Daz. And when I met [back up with] Daz the next morning, we went in the studio and we did [Tha Dogg Pound’s] “What Would You Do.”

Snoop and Daz are cousins.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »

He doesn't specify in the interview. But check it out. I posted the link.

Okka

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2021, 10:44:20 AM »

Here's the article: https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.16662/title.soopafly-talks-work-on-the-new-detox-hits-with-dr-dre-tha-dogg-pound

Here's the quote: “Who Got Some Gangsta Shit?” I would have to admit that when we did the song it had my drums to it. Dre changed the drums, made ‘em his drums that he liked. At the time I was like, “Ah, I want my drums.” But then I listened back and I’m glad he changed it, because his ears is and was much, much more polished than mine.

So the song has Dre's drums on it. Nice. Soopafly still produced it though.

Played the keys.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »
So the song has Dre's drums on it. Nice. Soopafly still produced it though.

Played the keys.

No argument there. He did produce the song. Available for everyone to see.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »
Dope new Soopafly record at 34:40. Snoop keeps saying "Legion Of Boom" after playing Soopafly's records in the feed. Not sure if this is a potential Def Jam West album in works or what. But the Def Jam thing is what this feed is about. Snoop reps Def Jam in the second song in the feed, which is pretty good. Also, pretty dope surprise at 16:26 - Battlecat flips the classic Chronic Intro. Amazing. There's some heat in this feed for sure. Enjoy  8)

The following users thanked this post: Okka, h2k4

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2021, 06:53:11 PM »
Dope new Soopafly record at 34:40. Snoop keeps saying "Legion Of Boom" after playing Soopafly's records in the feed. Not sure if this is a potential Def Jam West album in works or what. But the Def Jam thing is what this feed is about. Snoop reps Def Jam in the second song in the feed, which is pretty good. Also, pretty dope surprise at 16:26 - Battlecat flips the classic Chronic Intro. Amazing. There's some heat in this feed for sure. Enjoy  8)

would be epic if this ish dropped on def jam

Okka

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2021, 06:24:30 AM »
Would love to see Soopafly on Def Jam, but I doubt that's gonna happen. I saw some people on Instagram commenting about this and tellin' Snoop now he can get Warren G's masters back from Def Jam, but that's not how the music industry works.