Author Topic: HRSMN - THE LAST RIDE (Official Discussion)  (Read 3491 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: HRSMN - THE LAST RIDE (Official Discussion)
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2021, 03:11:46 AM »

How come I don’t see this song in the track list??

Okay that’s about the best music video I’ve seen in a few years, but I don’t listen to any new music so that’s not saying much

...been bumpin the track they did on Canibus 2000 album since it came out so I was hoping for a sounds similar to that one and it looks like it might so digging into the rest of the album seems alright so far...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 08:53:48 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2021, 03:54:59 AM »
^
its track #6

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2021, 11:03:32 AM »
^
its track #6

On ITunes track 6 is “One Second”... okay, I thought the title was HRSMN—anyway I get it now.

...I like the mixing, sequencing, production on the album.  That the sound I was hoping for because it’s in sync with the 4 Horseman theme and their debut track 20 years ago... it’s kind of Killaz Priest sound really.. who’s doing the production on this?? 

Ras and Priest sound the most like their old selves on this... the 90’s were too good to Kurupt he’s damn near lost his voice from all the smoking he’s screaming “I Huff Puff, Blow Your House Down”— the huffing and puffing part is right he’s clearly out of breath...

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 12:10:50 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2021, 12:56:46 PM »
This seems like an album I will delete most of it but some tracks could stay in the playlist for a while. Haven't listened yet.

Just completed one trip thru the album and I agree with this.  A few solid cuts but not sure if the whole album is a keeper.

Some of these 16’s sound like shit I could come up with or anybody just rhyming “elevation, relation, Satan” it’s just putting rhymes together but nothing spectacular....

20 years and these guys can’t come up with any ideas?? “Jesus is not white” —yawn—

Proc pka KP

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2021, 08:11:04 PM »
I never listened to it. I was speculating off the comments. I couldn't find anything but a YouTube version. I got to be able to bang in the truck to do it justice.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2021, 03:07:07 PM »
Just completed one trip thru the album and I agree with this.  A few solid cuts but not sure if the whole album is a keeper.

Some of these 16’s sound like shit I could come up with or anybody just rhyming “elevation, relation, Satan” it’s just putting rhymes together but nothing spectacular....

20 years and these guys can’t come up with any ideas?? “Jesus is not white” —yawn—

a few of the songs are at least 10 years old so it has a kind of uneven vibe but I still dig it 8)

doggfather

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2021, 01:54:24 AM »

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2021, 01:54:54 AM »
Final verdict is that it is what it is... 4 washed up rappers way passed their prime.  Every once in a while you get a heroic effort like Xzibit's Napalm album was a great comeback record.

..this was not.  Their voices sound old and tired.  The lyrics are very tired.  Concepts old.  The best thing about it is probably the production, mixing, artwork.. they had a good overall layout with the 4 horseman supergroup of lyricists, the lore of the 4 horsemen

but Killah Priest is a bit in the "conscious rapper" category.  Kurupt is more on the gangsta rap side.  Canibus is neither a gangsta rapper nor a "conscious rapper" he's just a lyricist.  Then Rass is the one guy who can kind of perform all three. 

Anyway.. it just didn't work because these guys got nothing left in the tank.  Ras came off the best and nearest to his prime level.  Preist second best.  But Canibus and Kurupt don't sound any where near their prime.  Nothing against these artist I still listen to all their old work, but only thing that could've saved this is some big major label effort with some head exec over their head being highly critical pushing them to get their shit right, or a perfectionist like Dre.  But I envision these guys and all their homies in the studio like "yo Kurupt you killed it homie, you a beast on that" and just saying that no matter what the fucc he does just cause he yelled and screamed and huffed and puffed and says "I'm a beast" on the track... so they like "yo Kurupt you a beast"...

...honestly, who in the room gonna tell Kurupt if his shit is wack?  Daz would.  But I doubt Daz was around for any of this.  I just see a lot of patting each other on the back and "Ra Ra" but...

shit is trash

done
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 01:36:06 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

The following users thanked this post: abusive

HighEyeCue

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2021, 05:57:30 AM »
Final verdict is that it is what it is... 4 washed up rappers way passed their prime.  Every once in a while you get a heroic effort like Xzibit's Napalm album was a great comeback record.

..this was not.  Their voices sound old and tired.  The lyrics are very tired.  Concepts old.  The best thing about it is probably the production, mixing, artwork.. they had a good overall layout with the 4 horseman supergroup of lyricists...

but Killah Priest is a bit in the "conscious rapper" category.  Kurupt is more on the gangsta rap side.  Canibus is neither a gangsta rapper nor a "conscious rapper" he's just a lyricist.  Then Rass is the one guy who can kind of perform all three. 

Anyway.. it just didn't work because these guys got nothing left in the tank.  Ras came off the best and nearest to his prime level.  Preist second best.  But Canibus and Kurupt don't sound any where near their prime.  Nothing against these artist I still listen to all their old work, but only thing that could've saved this is some big major label effort with some head exec over their head being highly critical pushing them to get their shit right, or a perfectionist like Dre.  But I envision these guys and all their homies in the studio like "yo Kurupt you killed it homie, you a beast on that" and just saying that no matter what the fucc he does just cause he yelled and screamed and huffed and puffed and says "I'm a beast" on the track... so they like "yo Kurupt you a beast"...

...honestly, who in the room gonna tell Kurupt if his shit is wack?  Daz would.  But I doubt Daz was around for any of this.  I just see a lot of patting each other on the back and "Ra Ra" but...

shit is trash

done

Dre would

as far as the album goes I disagree about it being trash...thought it was acutally pretty good...I do agree with you about Bis and Kurupts voices which have seen better days

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2021, 08:36:35 AM »

..this was not.  Their voices sound old and tired.  The lyrics are very tired.  Concepts old.  The best thing about it is probably the production, mixing, artwork.. they had a good overall layout with the 4 horseman supergroup of lyricists...

shit is trash

done

daz is actually the one tellin kurupt he’s a beast on the mic after he spit “i’m a psycho pterodactyl bitch killa homeboy, adolf mussolini gotti offa liquor homeboy, bitch hitta homeboy, a bitch is a bitch eat my dick homeboy!”

daz: “damnnn straight killa! them overseas faggots and asshole jugglers finna love this shit cuzz!”

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2021, 01:40:21 PM »

daz is actually the one tellin kurupt he’s a beast on the mic after he spit “i’m a psycho pterodactyl bitch killa homeboy, adolf mussolini gotti offa liquor homeboy, bitch hitta homeboy, a bitch is a bitch eat my dick homeboy!”

daz: “damnnn straight killa! them overseas faggots and asshole jugglers finna love this shit cuzz!”

There was an old Rap City interview where Kurupt was complaining about Daz being perfectionist and changing shit and Kurupt was like “yo just drop it, it’s dope” but Daz kept wantin to change shit.. maybe he was just talking about the beats and mixing side of things not sure.

But Daz should at least be close enough to Kurupt that he could step to him if his shit wasn’t right... my point is I just don’t see the Horsemen members as challenging each other enough on their shit at this point, I see them all just patting each other on the back, but who knows

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2021, 07:30:25 PM »
There was an old Rap City interview where Kurupt was complaining about Daz being perfectionist and changing shit and Kurupt was like “yo just drop it, it’s dope” but Daz kept wantin to change shit.. maybe he was just talking about the beats and mixing side of things not sure.

But Daz should at least be close enough to Kurupt that he could step to him if his shit wasn’t right... my point is I just don’t see the Horsemen members as challenging each other enough on their shit at this point, I see them all just patting each other on the back, but who knows

have you ever went through daz’s catalogue? he has about as much filler as kurupt tbh, if not more

doggfather

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2021, 10:49:18 PM »

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

hitsaw

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2021, 09:46:05 AM »
Has anybody received the 3D cd? I still don’t got it.