Author Topic: Will Suge's Tha Row reality TV Show "Unfinished Business" ever see the light of  (Read 122 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I think Suge was blackballed after returning to society around 2002.. he was denied access, some of which was based on his own actions and other times unfairly.  I think the "Unfinished Business" series would of been a big hit on BET if it came out.  For us, it would be nice if we could find a bootleg.. somebody has to have the footage somewhere
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Safe+Sound

I think Suge was blackballed after returning to society around 2002.. he was denied access, some of which was based on his own actions and other times unfairly.  I think the "Unfinished Business" series would of been a big hit on BET if it came out.  For us, it would be nice if we could find a bootleg.. somebody has to have the footage somewhere

I don't think it's likely that he was blackballed - that implies some sort of inside job where a group of people conspired against him. Seems like everything he did publicly for everyone to see - from the violence to the gang ties to a prison stint after a bloody murder of one of the world's biggest stars - was enough for any square executive to say "No thanks." No conspiring necessary. It sent a ripple effect through the industry and all the fear he used to strong-arm people before prison sent everyone running for the hills when he was released. Plus, when he did get out, he was still trying to pull the same types of antics. No square record exec wants anything to do with that element at all. Compound that with the racism that's plagued the record business for eons on a corporate level and then pair it with the stereotypical associations of violence with black men on a social level that Suge was only building up through his actions and you've got a bunch of scared white people who would rather not do business. That makes it easy for prejudice to thrive. So yeah, plenty of unfair treatment comes from it - and extends far beyond the Deathrow people to any person who looks a type of way that comes from a type of place. It took a long time for the west to recover from that. I'm not sure it ever did completely. I think that's a lot of what contributed to that dead period afterwards.

But yeah, Unfinished Business looked entertaining.