Author Topic: Who Agrees With We That Dillinger & Young Gotti is Better Than Dogg Food?  (Read 238 times)

Jay_J

I know Dogg Food is a classic, first of all it's dogg pound's debut album which is produced by daz, pooh and dre in their shining days.

but to me Dillinger and Young Gotti is an amazing album overall and i hate people underrate that album and consider like it never exists.

maybe thats why i give more props to it but it deserves really.

there are a few song that i dont feel on dogg food and skip. but on D&YG i don't skip any tracks. whole album sounds like one long track.

just wondering if anybody agree with me?

OG Snoopaveli

i do not skip track on Dogg Food. It s a classic! Its the best Dogg Pound Album period.
But Dillinger & Young Gotti is the 2nd Best Album of Dogg Pound no doubt. Production by Daz & Mike Dean, Great combo and Blaqtoven did his thang too on "My Heart Don't Pump No Tear" & "You're Jus A B.I.T.C.H."
 "C-Walkin Cha Cha Cha" & "How Many?" are the only tracks i skip. On the other hand, too many classic track...
Remembering pickin' up this album @my local store in 2001 and didn't knowin' this was out!
 8) 8) 8)

Jay_J

i do not skip track on Dogg Food. It s a classic! Its the best Dogg Pound Album period.
But Dillinger & Young Gotti is the 2nd Best Album of Dogg Pound no doubt. Production by Daz & Mike Dean, Great combo and Blaqtoven did his thang too on "My Heart Don't Pump No Tear" & "You're Jus A B.I.T.C.H."
 "C-Walkin Cha Cha Cha" & "How Many?" are the only tracks i skip. On the other hand, too many classic track...
Remembering pickin' up this album @my local store in 2001 and didn't knowin' this was out!
 8) 8) 8)

yeah daz and mike dean has a good chemistry. they did the same for "this is the life i lead" album.

i agree with you about those 2 tracks. weakest links of the album. but the rest is incredible.

what i like most about the album is all songs are connected to each other musically. each song almost has some commen sounds. u can hear the same lead sound at most of the album. and a few string sounds. even there are some common melodies reminding each other. so that makes the whole album sound like "one track". i love it.

Okka

It's classic, but not better than "Dogg Food" in my opinion. Lyrically or musically.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

I consider Dogg Food close to a perfect album so I disagree

Dillinger & Young Gotti was a dope followup though...the 2 reworked tracks "Dipp Wit Me" and "We Living Gangsta Like" were superior to the original versions

I thought the album lost a bit of steam after "We About to Get Fucc Up" but picked up back again with "Shit Happens"

Rudki

loved this album, it was the shit back in 2001 too..

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Proc pka KP

It was kinda album you could play all the way thru.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

my good homie imperial (RIP) used to claim this and i would laugh at him

according to him dy&g was “far more musical” ..... dude had some outlandish takes, i miss our debates tremendously

that said, d&yg just may be classic in its own right

The following users thanked this post: Tha Crip

Jay_J

my good homie imperial (RIP) used to claim this and i would laugh at him

according to him dy&g was “far more musical” ..... dude had some outlandish takes, i miss our debates tremendously

that said, d&yg just may be classic in its own right

RIP to you homie imperial.

let's agree that if Dogg Food was chronic, D&YG would be 2001  ;D