Author Topic: LUPE FIASCO DISSES ROYCE DA 5’9”  (Read 337 times)

Sccit

LUPE FIASCO DISSES ROYCE DA 5’9”
« on: July 22, 2021, 06:19:23 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: LUPE FIASCO DISSES ROYCE DA 5’9”
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 10:57:21 PM »

Damn that was dope I got to look into this...
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 01:16:47 AM »
Damn that was dope I got to look into this...

u ever get into lupe?

my boy whos passed away recently (bless his memory) swore he was the goat emcee

HighEyeCue

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 06:27:13 AM »
I prefer Nas but you can definitely make the argument for Lupe as the GOAT lyricist...he's that good

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 08:46:22 AM »
heres royces diss:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 11:49:48 AM »

u ever get into lupe?

my boy whos passed away recently (bless his memory) swore he was the goat emcee

Of course I was big into Lupe from jump... because that was at the height of my Muslim orthodoxy phase of my life, and here was a Muslim rap artist with major props reppin' Islam and doing songs like the "Muhammad walks" joint (remake of Kanye "Jesus Walks").   I also loved the joint "Kick Push" and "The Box" (about television affect on people).  You could probably find a gang of posts of me promoting Lupe from 06'.

But it actually ended up being a lot like Royce.  You really expecting for a classic album in the works and then it never comes.  (I'd even settle for a near classic like Canibus opening release)  Closest Royce ever came was the EP he did with Em that had a few bangers but not a classic.  That bootleg you sent me was classic for sure, but nothing official.  I know you consider Phryme a classic but it still ain't caught me just yet (though I need to give it another chance).

At the end of the day I'm a way bigger Royce fan than Lupe.  I actually haven't bumped Lupe at all since the initial buzz he had in 06' (year my son was born).   I bumped him a lot that year and never after.   But Royce I've been bumping regularly since 99' up until this day.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 01:05:45 PM »
Of course I was big into Lupe from jump... because that was at the height of my Muslim orthodoxy phase of my life, and here was a Muslim rap artist with major props reppin' Islam and doing songs like the "Muhammad walks" joint (remake of Kanye "Jesus Walks").   I also loved the joint "Kick Push" and "The Box" (about television affect on people).  You could probably find a gang of posts of me promoting Lupe from 06'.

But it actually ended up being a lot like Royce.  You really expecting for a classic album in the works and then it never comes.  (I'd even settle for a near classic like Canibus opening release)  Closest Royce ever came was the EP he did with Em that had a few bangers but not a classic.  That bootleg you sent me was classic for sure, but nothing official.  I know you consider Phryme a classic but it still ain't caught me just yet (though I need to give it another chance).

At the end of the day I'm a way bigger Royce fan than Lupe.  I actually haven't bumped Lupe at all since the initial buzz he had in 06' (year my son was born).   I bumped him a lot that year and never after.   But Royce I've been bumping regularly since 99' up until this day.

never really got into em but i think a lot of people consider the food n liquor albums classix

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 12:46:14 PM »
never really got into em but i think a lot of people consider the food n liquor albums classix

I was so into Islam then I remember it was a big let down when he titled his album “Food and Liquor”

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 10:36:33 PM »