Author Topic: Kenya Ware speaks on Dr. Dre taking credit for Daz's work...  (Read 744 times)

abusive

Kenya Ware speaks on Dr. Dre taking credit for Daz's work...
« on: August 11, 2021, 10:13:47 AM »

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

soopa-man

Re: Kenya Ware speaks on Dr. Dre taking credit for Daz's work...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:50:10 AM »
Too bad he don’t take pride in his beats and music these days like he did before.  I mean if he was on his game he would have taken more of a bigger approach to Tha Doggdather (though his tracks had the most solid focus on the album)
He was on a role after Dre left now how much was done or already done when everyone left I don’t know, but I was a huge fan of his and DJ Premiers, Erick Sermon and Dre’s.

If he was producing the projects with Big Gipp and Khujo Goodie would be more of my interest.  They are updated to today’s sound, but i don’t really want to hear that. I want West Coast sounding Daz with the dark production. His beats on Gang Related OST and Gridlocked were out of this world funky.  Now I don’t check much out.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 01:15:36 AM »
She said Daz did "Who Am I? (What's My Name?)", but on the "DPG Eulogy" documentary (which Kenya Ware produced) Daz and Emanuel Dean both said that Emanuel Dean was the one who worked on that song, not Daz. Oh yeah, who the fuck actually thinks Dr. Dre produced the "All Eyez On Me" album? Come on now.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2021, 10:50:20 AM »
Too bad he don’t take pride in his beats and music these days like he did before.  I mean if he was on his game he would have taken more of a bigger approach to Tha Doggdather (though his tracks had the most solid focus on the album)
He was on a role after Dre left now how much was done or already done when everyone left I don’t know, but I was a huge fan of his and DJ Premiers, Erick Sermon and Dre’s.

If he was producing the projects with Big Gipp and Khujo Goodie would be more of my interest.  They are updated to today’s sound, but i don’t really want to hear that. I want West Coast sounding Daz with the dark production. His beats on Gang Related OST and Gridlocked were out of this world funky.  Now I don’t check much out.

all of his best work is produced by other people.. he simply brought the beat in and had his partner do the production on it

dr dre
soopafly
mike dean
dj quik
ivan johnson

list goes on

daz has a good ear for gangsta shit, but his technicalities; building, layering, structure etc. needed lots of help

still a legend but this bird talkin bout daz was slighted is overstating what he did and understating where daz would be if it wasn’t for dre 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2021, 11:14:45 AM »
I like Kenya Ware and her interviews are pretty good.  Daz was lucky to have someone like her in his life because you see she really understands him well and has his back... I think she's just telling his side of the story.. she may not have all the details exactly right, and when it comes to Dre it just always comes back to how come they never sounded as good before or after Dre as they did when he was in the building??  It just always comes back to that, but otherwise she's good people
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

thegooddoc

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 08:18:21 PM »
She said Daz did "Who Am I? (What's My Name?)", but on the "DPG Eulogy" documentary (which Kenya Ware produced) Daz and Emanuel Dean both said that Emanuel Dean was the one who worked on that song, not Daz. Oh yeah, who the fuck actually thinks Dr. Dre produced the "All Eyez On Me" album? Come on now.

I thought Dre only had credit for producing two songs?  Who claimed he produced the whole album?  Interestingly enough, IMO Daz's tightest beats were on that album.  Ambitionz az a Ridah is my all time favorite Daz beat.  However, If somebody told me that Daz took Dre's drums for that song, I would believe them.   

Okka

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 03:33:59 AM »

all of his best work is produced by other people.. he simply brought the beat in and had his partner do the production on it

dr dre
soopafly
mike dean
dj quik
ivan johnson

list goes on

daz has a good ear for gangsta shit, but his technicalities; building, layering, structure etc. needed lots of help

still a legend but this bird talkin bout daz was slighted is overstating what he did and understating where daz would be if it wasn’t for dre

I guess what goes around, comes around.

One of my favorite songs / beats on "Dazamatazz" and I thought Daz, Amplified and Ivan Johnson worked on this together, but Amplified made the beat. Sometimes Daz is involved with making the actual beat and sometimes not. Just like Dr. Dre and a bunch of other producers.

I thought Dre only had credit for producing two songs?  Who claimed he produced the whole album?  Interestingly enough, IMO Daz's tightest beats were on that album.  Ambitionz az a Ridah is my all time favorite Daz beat.  However, If somebody told me that Daz took Dre's drums for that song, I would believe them.

If you actually listen to the interview in the OP, somebody tells Kenya Ware that people think Dre produced "All Eyez On Me" which I have NEVER heard.

abusive

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2021, 06:25:19 AM »
Kenya says alot of factually untrue things. I take this with a grain of salt.

I will say that Suge in his TMZ interview said that DR took Ruthless's formula of taking producers work, a few people(michelle/pac) have said that Dre didn't do much work during that time and session players are common with Dre's production. I say that to say, where there's smoke, there's fire. DR didn't lose a step after Drew left either. That Still I Rise album was one of the greatest produced albums DR put out as an example.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2021, 06:25:53 AM »
If anything Quik produced AEOM

and I love Daz but he definitely needs a co-producer on everything he does...his best work is with Dre, Soopafly and Mike Dean

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Hellquist

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2021, 08:12:20 AM »
I guess what goes around, comes around.

One of my favorite songs / beats on "Dazamatazz" and I thought Daz, Amplified and Ivan Johnson worked on this together, but Amplified made the beat. Sometimes Daz is involved with making the actual beat and sometimes not. Just like Dr. Dre and a bunch of other producers.

If you actually listen to the interview in the OP, somebody tells Kenya Ware that people think Dre produced "All Eyez On Me" which I have NEVER heard.

yup .. just a bunch of casuals sittin around talkin shit

daz is doing a beat on my debut solo album n i had a few questions bout it myself

but daz is daz.. he’s a talented individual regardless

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2021, 08:13:34 AM »
DR didn't lose a step after Drew left either. That Still I Rise album was one of the greatest produced albums DR put out as an example.

:thefuck: