Author Topic: Excellent interview with Dre ghostwriter/producer JFLexx on Art of Dialogue  (Read 479 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

He's a bit unloyal in places... like the cut he made dissing Dre "Who Been There" and then later wanting to work for Bad Boy and Puffy...

..but as far as interviews go, this is a good one.  You know he's an articulate and broadly intelligent cat, I mean this is the guy who wrote "Been There Done That". 

---He has one never before heard story where the Outlawz beat the shit out of him and Sharief in the studio.  Because the Dogg Pound new York New York video shooting had just happened and Outlawz walked in the studio and Sharief was from the East Coast and he was hollering out "Brooklyn" on a track so they beat his ass and beat J Flexx ass as well...

For those that don't know, it wasn't clarified but Sharief is that cat who has that solo joint on Aftermath Presents.  Well these guys were all Death Row studio guys back in Dre's last days at Death Row.  So this incident occured when Dre's guys like Flex and Sharief and Sneed and all them were still over there.  And basically many of Dre's guys were like Pittsburgh guys like Mel-Man and Sneed and all them.  But he had a hell of a team around.  Even Buddah was in the building during the fight.  And Flexx is lamenting about how much talent his circle had there with Dre around Dre's last days at Death Row and how if they would've just focused on music they could of made a lot of other great tracks like "Recognize", "Heads Ringin", "California Love", "Been There Done That" I mean these are big joints that came from that creative circle, and they could of had a lot more

--other new stories ya'll might not find as interesting is like Teddy Riley sending Dre two beats, for "If You Need A Fix" and "No Diggity" and Flexx liked "If you Need a Fix" better... Dre liked "No Diggity" so he had one of the other homies from that circle right for him on that track... then Flexx explains how later Pac had to outdo him by getting even better and bigger R&B artists like KC and Aaron Hall to be on his joint dissing Dre "Toss It Up"

--He also has an interesting story about the first meeting they had after Pac died Suge played the video for "I Ain't Mad At Ya" and it was so eerie because the video depicted Pac dying and everyone was blown away and it lead him to confronting the Outlawz in the meeting that day and making peace with them
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:50:34 PM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

I think I already posted this in the main section when it dropped.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think I already posted this in the main section when it dropped.

If you link me I’ll copy and post there and delete this

thegooddoc

At least he has the right current attitude.  Although the most people won't know, he wrote some of Dre's biggest hits during the Death Row era.  He was great at writing for Dre, which makes it a head scratcher that he stayed with Death Row.  I get it, he wanted to believe that he was a solo artist, but it just wasn't to be with him as an artist. Who Been There/Who Done That was one of the corniest diss songs ever. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
At least he has the right current attitude.  Although the most people won't know, he wrote some of Dre's biggest hits during the Death Row era.  He was great at writing for Dre, which makes it a head scratcher that he stayed with Death Row.  I get it, he wanted to believe that he was a solo artist, but it just wasn't to be with him as an artist. Who Been There/Who Done That was one of the corniest diss songs ever.

Yeah.. fuccin sucks how it all turned out... I really loved the work those cats were doing in that era, all that crew Dre had in his circle, a lot of Pittsburgh cats actually, and Flexx and all them were really talented and had great chemistry. 

Seems Cube is about the only artist that was able to leave Dre and beef with him and still have success.