Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG PRESENTS… ALGORITHM (Official Discussion)  (Read 15897 times)

Jay_J

Re: SNOOP DOGG PRESENTS… ALGORITHM (Official Discussion)
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2021, 11:22:25 AM »
Did anyone actually have faith this would be good, snoop hasn’t made a good album since tha last meal, he has no taste in beats and the artists he is promoting are straight up garbage, it’s time this dude retires, he has already ruined his legacy by releasing more garbage albums than good ones.

Paid da cost to be da boss and Blue Carpet Treatment were very good succesful albums. I wanna thank me was way better than i expected.

So Much Style

« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2021, 03:57:25 PM »
pretty garbage...

even the bc beats are wack..

mary j song sounds dope af
So much style back at it again

Marco

West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

The following users thanked this post: The Predator

BJV

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2021, 07:11:17 PM »
According to google it's Nefertitti Avani. I was impressed by her performance rapping and singing.

Don't really get why this album gets so much hate already I think it's pretty good and versatile.

That Rick Rock produced track is better than the one on From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites but the beat is almost identical.

milkyway09

« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2021, 09:02:43 PM »
Hard copies coming soon?

Proc pka KP

« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2021, 09:55:48 PM »
Absolute trash.

astra4322

« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2021, 10:05:57 PM »
Too much weed Snoop. You’ve lost sense of reality and sense of music.

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2021, 11:12:44 PM »
I even liked his last two albums but i couldn’t really get into this one after first listen. I’ll give it another spin or two to see if it grows on me

astra4322

« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2021, 12:57:41 AM »
It sounds amazing in Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound on Airpods Max headphones.

astra4322

« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2021, 01:10:33 AM »
New video

dan9700

« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2021, 03:20:59 PM »
I have it another listern and it’s even worse, only the Mary j song I like everything else is pure garbage, hip hop really has died, snoop has to be one of the worst old school rappers out there, no one tell me this is a good album not one song is worth replay value apart from Mary j song and that’s not really snoop anyway, rip snoop your finished

Safe+Sound

« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2021, 03:45:19 PM »
This project, which was marketed as a Snoop Dogg album (that was actually a compilation) is a real disappointment. We didn't get the "Snoop Dogg Presents" until it dropped. The entire time it was referred to as personal album. I don't like how he and his team were mincing words with that.

Aside from the PR bullshit, the music - which is the most important part - is more garbage than anything else. The handful of songs that are actually tolerable have their own problems. Make Some Money was probably the best song on the project IMO and it was way too short. What the fuck is going on with these 2-3min songs nowadays? It's just lazy and cheap. Put in some more work and deliver. People are PAYING for this. If fucking Adele can do it, so can they.

So basically this album was all talk and hype with nothing behind it - pump and dump. Bad look for Def Jam. These majors are supposed to be putting the pressure on artists to really measure up with quality material. The bar is so law at this point, you could trip over it. Fuckin' bullshit. I'm so tired of this. Moving on.. :grumpy:

Juice25

« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2021, 05:08:09 PM »
The entire time it was referred to as personal album. I don't like how he and his team were mincing words with that.

Unfortunately, the same issue happened with The Bible of Love album. It was promoted as Snoop Dogg's album, so in almost all sources it's now indicated as studio album by him thus screwing the numeration of his albums. This is clearly lack of professionalism, by Snoop and by releasing labels.

The only disappointment I personally had is that we found out kinda late that it's just a compilation. But as soon as I adjusted my expectations two weeks prior to the release, I was able to appreciate it once it was released. Even though it has many RnB tracks, the production quality is on point and Snoop paved the road to some new talent which is always great. In the end this is how Snoop himself got into the rap game.
The No Bammer Weed joint is slappin'  8)

Sccit

« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2021, 12:42:20 AM »
I guess it could be a bit disappointing if you were expecting a Snoop Dogg rap album.  But to be honest the whole project sounds pretty cohesive and the music is really good.  I’m digging the vibe of the album, production, mixing and mastering is on point and the album flows well.

i agree

i was expecting a bunch of filler garbo based on the replies here

but the album is actually solid from a music standpoint .. i kno it ain’t what the dub wants, but there’s some nice r&b joints on here

i’m only halfway through (another long ass snoop project that could prolly be trimmed down), but the like my weed and i want you joints are the standouts thus far. no bammer weed is a knocker as well

and sonically it def hits nice .. not some of the funkiest bc productions, but the crispiness of them are a1.

doggfather

« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2021, 12:55:27 AM »
good mixin and mastering should NOT be a positive thing IMO.

Thats a minimum thing in 2021...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ