Author Topic: Eazy-E Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of MFKing Compton (Question)  (Read 1406 times)

Mak_Corleone

Eazy-E Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of MFKing Compton (Question)
« on: September 21, 2021, 05:34:21 AM »
Wassup,

My question is why Above The Law, Kokane, Brownside & Bone Thugs N Harmony were part of the album?
They were always around Eazy, not to mention that there are know collaborations between them.

A quick guess might be, since it was planned to be part of a double album there still might be tracks on Ruthless vaults with songs recorded in late ‘93 til early ‘95?

Any info?? ???

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

HighEyeCue

Re: Eazy-E Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of MFKing Compton (Question)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 05:50:17 AM »
yeah it was supposed to be a double album

Eazy also recorded a track with Guns N Roses called "Yellow Brick Road Of Compton"...im sure there are tons of tracks in the vaults

EDIT - I also remember he was scheduled to record a track with AC/DC but he never got the chance unfortunately
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:36:17 AM by HighEyeCue »

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Mak_Corleone, Teddy Loc

BJV

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »
I think they were all working on their own projects at the time. Back then having a lot of features were also less of a thing.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:23:46 PM »
i assume you meant werent ..

but yea, i remember hearin rhythm d was sittin on a bunch unreleased eazy shit

damn shame the only thing they put out since he passed was that double disc with the video game

The following users thanked this post: Okka

soopa-man

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 01:28:56 AM »
Album wasn’t complete when he passed away, they put together what was done and that’s pretty much it, if you pay attention to the last track the beat was to be used but they just put interview samples for it to be a song almost.

Erick Sermon was also supposed to contribute tracks and or a remix as the Gangsta Beat verses Erick Sermon released later on his Onasis album.  I doubt Eazy recorded like 2Pac did. Even Biggie didn’t leave anything for them to release thats why they remix his vocals from released songs.

I’m sure if he got closer to the album more artist would have been a part of it.

DEKO

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 02:08:53 AM »

astra4322

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 02:24:47 AM »
I never liked that album. Maybe two or three songs are fine and the rest is not for me but it's just my opinion.

DEKO

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 03:05:23 AM »
It's my favorite Eazy-E album. Eazy sounds well polished and tracks like I'm Sorry Louie and Creep N Crawl are insane!

The following users thanked this post: Mak_Corleone, Teddy Loc

HighEyeCue

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 11:24:45 AM »
It's my favorite Eazy-E album. Eazy sounds well polished and tracks like I'm Sorry Louie and Creep N Crawl are insane!

"Wut Would You Do" was another dope track as well as "Sippin On a 40" 8)

DEKO

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 12:33:34 AM »
"Wut Would You Do" was another dope track as well as "Sippin On a 40" 8)

Agreed! And don't forget Ole School Shit and Gangsta Beat 4 Tha Street!!!

Okka

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 01:48:50 AM »
One of my favorite albums of all time.

Album wasn’t complete when he passed away, they put together what was done and that’s pretty much it, if you pay attention to the last track the beat was to be used but they just put interview samples for it to be a song almost.

Erick Sermon was also supposed to contribute tracks and or a remix as the Gangsta Beat verses Erick Sermon released later on his Onasis album.  I doubt Eazy recorded like 2Pac did. Even Biggie didn’t leave anything for them to release thats why they remix his vocals from released songs.

I’m sure if he got closer to the album more artist would have been a part of it.

DJ Yella said he has a track or two, but they are disses so he doesn't want to release them. Daz and Fat Joe both have said they have unreleased songs with Biggie. I think Busta Rhymes had a song with Biggie too that was supposed to be on "The Coming", but didn't include it 'cause it was a Pac diss.

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 04:56:42 AM »
One of my favorite albums of all time.

DJ Yella said he has a track or two, but they are disses so he doesn't want to release them. Daz and Fat Joe both have said they have unreleased songs with Biggie. I think Busta Rhymes had a song with Biggie too that was supposed to be on "The Coming", but didn't include it 'cause it was a Pac diss.

Yella said that he had an Eazy E song dissing Ice Cube, he said this years ago.
And that when he showed Cube he started crying, that he wasnt gonna release the song because the beef was in the pass.
Nowadays he says that E never recorded vocals for that. And wasnt gonna say who E was dissing.

The Busta Rhymes song with Biggie was remixed and released on Born Again, the song was called The Ugliest produced by J Dilla.
Then it got remixed and released as Dangerous Mc’s that features Busta Rhymes & Snoop.
He was going at Pac on that joint

Mak_Corleone

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 05:07:52 AM »

Personally i do think he must have material for atleast 2 albums and 1 EP.
If u listen to Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton, Creep n Crawling was recorded in 93, also there were songs written and Produced by Naughty By Nature, who he worked in 92 for 5150 project.
And didnt include songs like BNK solo, 24 Hours To Live & Sleepwalkers.
Eazy didnt have any problem with studio time, he owned the label and got money for that.
I remeber reading that they stole unreleased E music the day he died.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 07:35:41 AM »
Daz needs to release that track with Biggie already

Agreed! And don't forget Ole School Shit and Gangsta Beat 4 Tha Street!!!

the "Muthafukkin Real" with Ren was my joint too...how could I forget that one :-[

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 06:26:23 PM »
Personally i do think he must have material for atleast 2 albums and 1 EP.
If u listen to Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton, Creep n Crawling was recorded in 93, also there were songs written and Produced by Naughty By Nature, who he worked in 92 for 5150 project.
And didnt include songs like BNK solo, 24 Hours To Live & Sleepwalkers.
Eazy didnt have any problem with studio time, he owned the label and got money for that.
I remeber reading that they stole unreleased E music the day he died.

Yeah, there was an interview with Tomica Wright some years back where she confirmed that there were a number of songs that had scratch vocals but were not completed, as well as some songs that were complete or near complete that “disappeared” around that time that Eazy went into the hospital.  Ruthless would have the rights to the songs but doesn’t have literal possession of them. 

I believe there were members of Bone who claimed there was an unreleased song with Eazy called “Artillery Shop.”  I don’t know what this could have been and I don’t remember it being mentioned in the Tomica Wright interview.

In addition to those tracks though, there are also OG versions to the two tracks that were released on the Decade of Game Album, “Black Nigga Killa,” and “24 Hours to Live.”  The original versions were produced by the artist, Homicide, but they were remixed by L.T. Hutton.  There are also OG versions of all the tracks which appears on the “Godfather of Gangsta Rap EP,” which was released as part of the “Impact of a Legend” set.  I know some of the tracks were originally produced by Dj Yella and Big Hutch from Above the Law.  And I believe at least one of the tracks had a verse that was originally supposed to be used on the unreleased GBM (Gangsta Bitch Mentality) album.