Author Topic: Dr Dre vs Diddy barber shop discussion  (Read 442 times)

abusive

Dr Dre vs Diddy barber shop discussion
« on: September 23, 2021, 03:10:04 PM »

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

Re: Dr Dre vs Diddy barber shop discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 03:56:55 PM »
lmao

not even close to comparable

Proc pka KP

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 06:26:55 PM »
Asking this on a WC site is like asking to knuckle up.

soopa-man

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 09:14:46 AM »
To be honest if any one can Puff can go against Dre but the only one being honest was 9th Wonder.  Like you see how regionally divided Hip Hop still is at this time and age.

I noticed it crazy when the DMX vs Snoop battle happened.  Snoops list was insane, his classics had DMX rap along to his music that dated X’s.  It will forever be remembered as Xs last performance before his death and a great one to see DMX in such a good space in life. He was out of character and in character as X is with his comments about the platforms early rise.

But the truth was in the music and history the artist had, and Snoop really gave a more than stellar performance, and showed how he stayed relevant for more than 20 years in the music industry, flow was on point delivery was smooth … he didn’t reach far in to his grab bag of hits either.

But when the Ebro show and that egg head hater Rosenberg served up their ratings of the battle it was disheartening to hear Rosenbergs arguement of how 2 of Amerikaz Most.. by Snoop and PAC was a terrible collabs and a sleeper no one cared about?? Like that shit had radion in LA on Fire in the 90s it was the monsters on one track! It is what people expected to hear when Pac got on Death Row after Cali Love?!  It was the epitome of rap dream at that time.

As a 90s hip hop listener and the voices of that era still stuck in East Coast time you see why albums by Ice Cube, Mc Eight, Suga Free, Quik, Mack 10, Jayo Felony, Eastsidaz never really took off fully because they don’t listen to or rate music fairly on the East Coast.

Rick Rock has been making music with E-40 for years slappers too! And when he made 4 beats for Jay-Z on The Dynasty album he was all over the place with some pretty sun par sounding Rick Rock beats I mean those joints on that album were coo, but Rick Rock had heat! I was Proud to see a dope ass west coast producer at that level finally but why not play E-40s shit on the radio with the same producer? It wouldn’t happen until damn 15 years later when Big Sean put him on a feature that the East Coast would catch up.

The East Coast has a bias opinion period on west coast contributed style and originality on hip hop culture.  Ready to Die is a straight NY Death Certificate/Amerikkkas Most … The production was half The Chronic and half Ice Cube with delivery.  Yet no one says if it was for Snoop and Cube and Dre Biggie doesn’t make the best nY album.  It was directly influenced by them, no doubt.

It wasn’t until the Mafiaso style that Biggie found his lane and paved over a better confident flow that Ethered his opponents with East coast lyrics and style.

Tonight she should be having my baaaay baaaaybeee baaay baaaaayyy
Nothing but a g thang baaaaayyy baayyybbee

If that style and beat would have came out now G Thang first and two years later Big Poppa would their be a battle over who is biting who trolling every where .. I grew up in that era and shit seems a bit blurry on who invented what and how much Dre and team influence and invented The Dopeman style the Gangsta/Funk style the Originals .. Puff invented the Remix …

Sorry for the Rant

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

tempo2

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 09:54:53 AM »
I'm sorry but puff's catalogue doesn't remotely compare to Dre's, it just doesn't, sure its a solid production list but pales in comparison to Dre's. Producers are totally different to executive producers which is where I feel their discussion gets a bit murky. Straight up beat making its not even close, most of biggies best songs were produced by easy mo be and premier.

Dre is directly responsible for 3 of the biggest selling hip hop artists of all time and that doesn't even take into account a slew of other artists i.e. game, busta rhymes he has done extensive production for, the only nod I would give to puff here is on the R&B side, that's one of the things I've always thought dre should of done more of, his R&B production is fire

Only two producers who I would say can put up a fight with dre would be premier and timbaland

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:01:13 AM by tempo2 »

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »
puffy is not even a producer in the sense that dre is

puffy is pretty much what casuals and haters try to paint dre as.. a guy who just sits around and says what sounds good as the people on his team take care of the actual production aspect

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 09:04:53 AM »
I'm sorry but puff's catalogue doesn't remotely compare to Dre's, it just doesn't, sure its a solid production list but pales in comparison to Dre's. Producers are totally different to executive producers which is where I feel their discussion gets a bit murky. Straight up beat making its not even close, most of biggies best songs were produced by easy mo be and premier.

Dre is directly responsible for 3 of the biggest selling hip hop artists of all time and that doesn't even take into account a slew of other artists i.e. game, busta rhymes he has done extensive production for, the only nod I would give to puff here is on the R&B side, that's one of the things I've always thought dre should of done more of, his R&B production is fire

Only two producers who I would say can put up a fight with dre would be premier and timbaland

Puffs catalogue though runs deep, all his stuff with Biggie, Mase, solo records and the R&B groups...now what his role was in those hits can be definitely be questioned :laugh:

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »
Puffs catalogue though runs deep, all his stuff with Biggie, Mase, solo records and the R&B groups...now what his role was in those hits can be definitely be questioned :laugh:

he’s unquestionable as an exec

but he’s closer to suge knight than he is to dre

Proc pka KP

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 12:21:02 PM »

he’s unquestionable as an exec

but he’s closer to suge knight than he is to dre

Fact.

tempo2

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
that's what I was saying in my initial post, they were arguing it seemed over who was the best executive producer which is totally different, biggies biggest songs were not produced by puffy

Proc pka KP

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 02:37:42 PM »
Just delete this post.

abusive

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »
that's what I was saying in my initial post, they were arguing it seemed over who was the best executive producer which is totally different, biggies biggest songs were not produced by puffy
The same can be said about Dre and his artist.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

soopa-man

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 07:13:19 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 02:19:16 AM »
The same can be said about Dre and his artist.

:dwill: