Author Topic: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show  (Read 7037 times)

Proc pka KP

Re: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2021, 03:37:54 AM »
Do you really believe that we will get another Dre album soon?

Multiple discs or multiple projects. He has 100s on songs that are completely mixed.

astra4322

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 03:42:28 AM »
Multiple discs or multiple projects. He has 100s on songs that are completely mixed.
And? DETOX was also done. We even received two singles.

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2021, 03:54:13 AM »
All Praise to Allah !!  This is great news!!

I’m tired of the Satanic rituals like the one that doomed my Kansas City Chiefs in the last Superbowl or Madonnas 2019 Eurovision, or UK Bojo Olympic Ceremony.

I was just praying for something that wasn’t Satanic this year and now I wake up to news that Dr. Dre is headlining and bringing his team with him this is great fuccing news!!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy, Orbyte

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 04:09:39 AM »
Here's a proper announcement video with Dre and Snoop:

The following users thanked this post: Jome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 04:17:14 AM »

Love it...

...(notice Snoop, “me riding shotgun, Eminem in the back”

Eminem is a big enough artist really he should headline his own Super Bowl, but of course he’s gonna come thru for Dre like he always does sort of like Up In Smoke Eminem was selling 1.7 in a single week but still came thru for Dre
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

astra4322

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 04:21:30 AM »

Daaaam. Looking at them brings back CHRONIC days memories  8)

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 04:43:58 AM »
Love it...

...(notice Snoop, “me riding shotgun, Eminem in the back”

Eminem is a big enough artist really he should headline his own Super Bowl, but of course he’s gonna come thru for Dre like he always does sort of like Up In Smoke Eminem was selling 1.7 in a single week but still came thru for Dre

I don't see any bad intention or subliminal diss with that comment. He used the riding shotgun analogy to demonstrate his role when it comes to Dre, and then mentioned the other performers that are part of the show as well. It's just a figure of speech and the others guys need to sit somewhere in the imaginary car Snoop is talking about.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2021, 06:57:44 AM »
I don't see any bad intention or subliminal diss with that comment. He used the riding shotgun analogy to demonstrate his role when it comes to Dre, and then mentioned the other performers that are part of the show as well. It's just a figure of speech and the others guys need to sit somewhere in the imaginary car Snoop is talking about.

Okay 👌

Matty

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2021, 07:11:03 AM »
hyping up a show this far in advance doesn't make all that much sense. plenty of time for dre to cancel any plans of a musical release (it was meant to be late 2021 remember) or go in another direction. if the music was coming it would come without all the fanfare or need for a performance.

i thought this was something to be excited about but really it's not. no sign that any new music is ever coming. sure the show will be great.

Jome

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2021, 07:46:23 AM »
I disagree with you here Matty, I see several cues and pointers, that there will be both new music and new album(s) following the SB or maybe even preceding the SB..

* When announcing a big show like this, and setting the expectation this high for a specific date, it makes it 100 times harder to cancel or push back an album, or maybe even several albums from the various artists included in the lineup.
* When doing a show this big, in front of 100's of millions viewers worldwide, it is the biggest album promo/advert you could possibly have. Not taking momentum of an event this big, would be the biggest PR-flop in history. It seems like they're putting some pressure on themselves by announcing this, which gives them a very specific time scale.
* With this gigantic platform, it would be utter silliness and tomfoolery to ride on previous hits. A medley of Next Episode, Still D.R.E., Forgot about Dre, My Name Is.. Nobody would raise an eyebrow if they perform old stuff, Dre is talking about "Breaking barriers" and "Blow peoples minds", Snoop is talking about "Being in the passenger seat, riding shotgun, with Em and Kendrick in support". It all seems like they're talking about something new and exciting with Dre as the main architect and protagonist, not performing the past hits of yesteryear. Dre wrote: "This will introduce the next saga of my career" - can't possibly be talking old music, no?
* It also seems like they're quite careful not to reveal too much, minds are not gonna be blown if everybody knows what's coming, it seems like they're choosing their words wisely. Also interesting how they talked a bit about Jay Z. Maybe he's involved somehow, or maybe he just gets props for breaking down the SB doors with his performance with Alicia Keys some years back.
* I've been one of the biggest skeptics about all those studio pictures in the last couple of years... but after Dre's divorce, it really seems like he's stepped up the studio work, and hopefully really got his mojo back. Working with all those legends for nothing, would be one helluva waste. Even though I like Compton personally, it was no 2001, and Dre's hopefully aiming to silence the critics.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Orbyte

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2021, 08:07:40 AM »
Next saga is not a new album for me. Maybe some new business concept or new artist deal. More likely we just gonna get new Snoop DEF JAM project i November and that's it. No Dre, no Kendrick, no Mt.Westmore.

kendrick already announced his last album on tde

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2021, 08:25:35 AM »
I disagree with you here Matty, I see several cues and pointers, that there will be both new music and new album(s) following the SB or maybe even preceding the SB..

* When announcing a big show like this, and setting the expectation this high for a specific date, it makes it 100 times harder to cancel or push back an album, or maybe even several albums from the various artists included in the lineup.
* When doing a show this big, in front of 100's of millions viewers worldwide, it is the biggest album promo/advert you could possibly have. Not taking momentum of an event this big, would be the biggest PR-flop in history. It seems like they're putting some pressure on themselves by announcing this, which gives them a very specific time scale.
* With this gigantic platform, it would be utter silliness and tomfoolery to ride on previous hits. A medley of Next Episode, Still D.R.E., Forgot about Dre, My Name Is.. Nobody would raise an eyebrow if they perform old stuff, Dre is talking about "Breaking barriers" and "Blow peoples minds", Snoop is talking about "Being in the passenger seat, riding shotgun, with Em and Kendrick in support". It all seems like they're talking about something new and exciting with Dre as the main architect and protagonist, not performing the past hits of yesteryear. Dre wrote: "This will introduce the next saga of my career" - can't possibly be talking old music, no?
* It also seems like they're quite careful not to reveal too much, minds are not gonna be blown if everybody knows what's coming, it seems like they're choosing their words wisely. Also interesting how they talked a bit about Jay Z. Maybe he's involved somehow, or maybe he just gets props for breaking down the SB doors with his performance with Alicia Keys some years back.
* I've been one of the biggest skeptics about all those studio pictures in the last couple of years... but after Dre's divorce, it really seems like he's stepped up the studio work, and hopefully really got his mojo back. Working with all those legends for nothing, would be one helluva waste. Even though I like Compton personally, it was no 2001, and Dre's hopefully aiming to silence the critics.

exactly

also, jay-z is the one who made the call to dre and hooked this up, because he has partnership wit the NFL

The following users thanked this post: Jome, Duck Duck Doggy

astra4322

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2021, 10:35:37 AM »
kendrick already announced his last album on tde
From announent to album is a long way. No one ever played new songs on halftime history so I don’t expect any new songs from any of them.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2021, 11:47:30 AM »
Using the Super Bowl as a promotional tool is the ultimate launching pad for musical projects - it's the most-watched event in the country. Companies pay millions of dollars for 30-second commercials. They've got 12 whole minutes. The only reason Dre and the gang would do this is to get everyone up to speed and in tune for what's coming next. Anything else doesn't make any sense. Last time this happened was with the NWA movie and he rode the wave and dropped an album. Plus, with Snoop's new major deal with Def Jam and Kendrick's next project in the wings, this is the move. I hope they capitalize on this in a major way because it doesn't get any better.

#DreDay

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2021, 12:31:45 PM »
And? DETOX was also done.

17 years later and people are still saying this.  We live in truly amazing times.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some new Dre music, even if it will inevitably let most of us old-timers down.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.