Author Topic: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show  (Read 7008 times)

Sccit

Re: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »
17 years later and people are still saying this.  We live in truly amazing times.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some new Dre music, even if it will inevitably let most of us old-timers down.

dre did have a version of detox he was ready to submit, but pulled out last minute

Matty

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2021, 03:30:02 PM »
they even had Detox edition headphones which came out, presumably with the font from the album cover and everything. shit was literally cancelled last minute. this is what i'm saying any sort of lead-up to something only increases the odds it could be pulled or at least the new stuff gets canned. the performance is likely a collection of old hits with some super hologram or some other gimmick that impresses the average joe, gets Dre some media buzz while he decides whether to release or not release any new music (likely the latter).

best we don't talk about Compton though having it attached to another project seemed to take the pressure off and it actually came out, even if it wasn't that great. they even said it was Dre's 'grand finale' but i don't think anyone was fooled. that was no follow up to 2001 and besides Paak nobody new featured on it went anywhere.

Matty

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2021, 03:33:58 PM »
I disagree with you here Matty, I see several cues and pointers, that there will be both new music and new album(s) following the SB or maybe even preceding the SB..

* When announcing a big show like this, and setting the expectation this high for a specific date, it makes it 100 times harder to cancel or push back an album, or maybe even several albums from the various artists included in the lineup.
* When doing a show this big, in front of 100's of millions viewers worldwide, it is the biggest album promo/advert you could possibly have. Not taking momentum of an event this big, would be the biggest PR-flop in history. It seems like they're putting some pressure on themselves by announcing this, which gives them a very specific time scale.
* With this gigantic platform, it would be utter silliness and tomfoolery to ride on previous hits. A medley of Next Episode, Still D.R.E., Forgot about Dre, My Name Is.. Nobody would raise an eyebrow if they perform old stuff, Dre is talking about "Breaking barriers" and "Blow peoples minds", Snoop is talking about "Being in the passenger seat, riding shotgun, with Em and Kendrick in support". It all seems like they're talking about something new and exciting with Dre as the main architect and protagonist, not performing the past hits of yesteryear. Dre wrote: "This will introduce the next saga of my career" - can't possibly be talking old music, no?
* It also seems like they're quite careful not to reveal too much, minds are not gonna be blown if everybody knows what's coming, it seems like they're choosing their words wisely. Also interesting how they talked a bit about Jay Z. Maybe he's involved somehow, or maybe he just gets props for breaking down the SB doors with his performance with Alicia Keys some years back.
* I've been one of the biggest skeptics about all those studio pictures in the last couple of years... but after Dre's divorce, it really seems like he's stepped up the studio work, and hopefully really got his mojo back. Working with all those legends for nothing, would be one helluva waste. Even though I like Compton personally, it was no 2001, and Dre's hopefully aiming to silence the critics.

i see all the same things and on the surface yes, absolutely. just playing devils advocate here because we've seen this sort of thing before in the lead up to something that never went anywhere. the encouraging thing is Dre putting himself in the spotlight for whatever reason, we'll see if it has anything to do with releasing new music.

The following users thanked this post: Jome, Orbyte

Orbyte

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2021, 04:19:12 PM »
hyping up a show this far in advance doesn't make all that much sense. plenty of time for dre to cancel any plans of a musical release (it was meant to be late 2021 remember) or go in another direction. if the music was coming it would come without all the fanfare or need for a performance.
I think Dre just waited for a great opportunity to promote his new shit. Snoop already said that Dre likes to do things in a big way, or he doesn't care.

And it was Snoop's idea to do this show. He mentioned the idea half a year ago. So, maybe Dre finished his new project during this summer and after being okay with it, he organized this performance.

And even if dre shelves his album again, there still could be other projects. There have been rumors of movies and a tv show made by dre. Maybe he'll finally launch those. He did call it the "next saga" in his career.

Ebony Bree Caple

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 09:03:05 PM »
I know nobody wants to hear my social media bullshit but I commented on this on King T page and Dre's son Curtis replied

Gimme a break guys
Do you really think I'd be here so often if I had a life outside of social media?

How many times in your life are you going to talk to a billionaire heir?
STRUGGLING TO KEEP IT REAL IN A WORLD FULL OF FAKES

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2021, 11:53:52 PM »
Surprised nobody has mentioned Coachella yet.  Because if you want some sort of barometer for what is about to happen Coachella is it.  So going off Coachella you can already predict what gone happen...

—Get one new song maybe even new artist banger like when Kendrick came out and did that Cali weed, women, weather joint

—they’ll do a classic or two like “G Thang” or “Forgot About Dre” maybe even “I need a doctor”. 

—Eminem will definitely do “Lose Yourself”.  That’s his magnum opus and goes great with the moment, football and NFL

—Dre will cook up some cool soundscapes for like interludes and transitions of songs will be epic and vintage Dre production

—Some great visuals like how Dre hooked up the Source Awards death row or hooked up Snoops Murder was the Case stage performance

—Mary J will definitely do “Family Affair”

—then there is gonna be the big surprise moment.  Like the 2pac hologram, but maybe instead of with Snoop it will be “California Love” with Dre or more likely something all together different

—surprise appearance like cameo from 50 doing in the Club

... but the big question is this...

—-  What will be the big surprise?  What will be the 2pac hologram moment?  Will it be a new song?  An Instant classic?  A new visual never been done before like technology?  That’s the big question
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 03:48:16 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Ebony Bree Caple

LP570

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2021, 12:09:02 AM »
they even had Detox edition headphones which came out, presumably with the font from the album cover and everything. shit was literally cancelled last minute. this is what i'm saying any sort of lead-up to something only increases the odds it could be pulled or at least the new stuff gets canned. the performance is likely a collection of old hits with some super hologram or some other gimmick that impresses the average joe, gets Dre some media buzz while he decides whether to release or not release any new music (likely the latter).

best we don't talk about Compton though having it attached to another project seemed to take the pressure off and it actually came out, even if it wasn't that great. they even said it was Dre's 'grand finale' but i don't think anyone was fooled. that was no follow up to 2001 and besides Paak nobody new featured on it went anywhere.

He was ready more than ever. It had to be last minute because he even recorded a promo tie in with the Mafia Wars mobile game and straight up said "Play Mafia Wars for a shot to listen to the new Detox album and a signed pair of Beats headphones and hear what you been missing"

Proc pka KP

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2021, 03:09:58 AM »
One of the most interesting parts of the announcement was the limited length of these shows now. Imagine having to cram and leave stuff out.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2021, 03:50:17 AM »
He was ready more than ever. It had to be last minute because he even recorded a promo tie in with the Mafia Wars mobile game and straight up said "Play Mafia Wars for a shot to listen to the new Detox album and a signed pair of Beats headphones and hear what you been missing"

I don’t remember this promo but it is crazy to think how close we were to getting it and fuccin sucks he pulled the plug.  What told me he was close was two major music videos and singles released “Kush” and “I Need a doctor” actually did really well
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Lucifuge

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2021, 05:19:45 AM »
Using the Super Bowl as a promotional tool is the ultimate launching pad for musical projects - it's the most-watched event in the country. Companies pay millions of dollars for 30-second commercials. They've got 12 whole minutes. The only reason Dre and the gang would do this is to get everyone up to speed and in tune for what's coming next. Anything else doesn't make any sense. Last time this happened was with the NWA movie and he rode the wave and dropped an album. Plus, with Snoop's new major deal with Def Jam and Kendrick's next project in the wings, this is the move. I hope they capitalize on this in a major way because it doesn't get any better.

#DreDay

Why not? Dre can play all his hits, and for the last  song the new one.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Matty

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2021, 05:32:22 AM »

Jay_J

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2021, 06:53:20 AM »
I think its gonna be smth like that.

It will start with a classic like next episode or nuthin but a g thang... then everyone will show up one by one with their new songs. Im sure mary j blige has a featuring on a  dre joint. Thats why she is there.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2021, 07:19:40 AM »
Why not? Dre can play all his hits, and for the last  song the new one.

I kind of agree with this.. in fact the new shit could be just like some fucking interlude or transition between the classics, or as you said a finale...

1. Start:  Snoop will intro it with some crazy new Dre beat and visualz in the background and he will say some shit like.. "Oh no, they let the gangstaz up in here for the Superbowl" and ride in on a lowrider or some shit to do G- Thang....

2.  Crazy interlude and then shit goes silent and Em comes in and does "Lose Yourself"

3.  Crazy interlude again and Dre does some throwback NWA fucc the police shit with Kendrick doing "King Kunta" and Ice Cube coming on or some shit like that for "St8 out of Compton" or "Fucc the Police" and shit gets political for a moment

4.  This is the big moment where Dre is going to do some suprise.  This is where he might use some new technology to do "California Love" with like a Pac hologram or some new shit we never seen before.  This is the big moment

5.  Mary comes on and they all join the stage and ride out with a feel good "Family Affair"

6.  Some Krazy ass outro with some new next generation sound just to wet the appetite and hype whatever Dre's current or next venture is

Jay_J

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2021, 08:03:04 AM »
i think em, snoop, kendrik and dre will release their albums till february...

first snoop and dre will show up with next episode...

then snoop will go on with some of his new banger from algorithm.

then snoop will introduce his nephew eminem on the stage and eminem will show up

snoop leaves, eminem comes with lose yourself, then his new single from new album.

and kendrick comes with an old famous hit of his and new banger from his new album.

here comes mary j blige with family affair and then she will introduce dr. dre and snoop dogg on stage.

dr. dre, snoop and mary j blige will rock the show with the new highly anticipated chronic 3 shit!

then one more chronic 3 joint.

and everybody will be blown away.

i will dream about this kind of shit till february. if they just go on stage and sing old songs like california love, still dre next episode and forget about dre and say goodbye with hey superbowl thank you for coming!!... then i will burn all my dr. dre cd's and vinlys...

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2021, 08:33:26 AM »
Yeah until the ‘cancel culture’ bandwagon gears up and chastises the NFL for promoting rappers who in the past glorified:

Raping young girls (Just Don’t Bite It)
Violence towards women (Dre)
Homophobic songs (Eminem)
Songs disrespecting women, promoting drug culture, cop killing, using the N word, etc.

The NFL has canceled people for much less. I’m surprised there hasn’t already been an uproar from the snowflakes over this. Especially with the NFL trying so annoyingly hard to be PC and the spotlight on them more than ever that they’d make this decision. Instead of having someone like Common on there representing Hip Hop in a positive light.