Author Topic: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show  (Read 7006 times)

Safe+Sound

Re: Dre, Snoop, Em, Kendrick & Mary J. Headline Super Bowl 56 Halftime Show
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2021, 09:17:57 AM »
Yeah until the ‘cancel culture’ bandwagon gears up and chastises the NFL for promoting rappers who in the past glorified:

Raping young girls (Just Don’t Bite It)
Violence towards women (Dre)
Homophobic songs (Eminem)
Songs disrespecting women, promoting drug culture, cop killing, using the N word, etc.

The NFL has canceled people for much less. I’m surprised there hasn’t already been an uproar from the snowflakes over this. Especially with the NFL trying so annoyingly hard to be PC and the spotlight on them more than ever that they’d make this decision. Instead of having someone like Common on there representing Hip Hop in a positive light.

Ummm... doesn't look like any of that is happening soooo... I guess it's a non-issue, which is good news for you. Moving on... Gonna be a great show  8)

P.S. Not seeing how Just Dont Bite It is a rape song... sounds pretty consensual to me.

LP570

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2021, 09:21:32 AM »
I don’t remember this promo but it is crazy to think how close we were to getting it and fuccin sucks he pulled the plug.  What told me he was close was two major music videos and singles released “Kush” and “I Need a doctor” actually did really well

I found it just recently on yt too. I wonder what was the reason he pulled it the last second. Everything was ready to go. Even Kush and I need a Doctor were very well received, then nothing. Sometimes I wish we ended up getting Detox then, because I fucc heavy with Kush. I've always been a proponent of Dre should just drop his old finished tracks he keeps in the vault but doesn't intend to use on an album on Spotify and call it a day. Yeah, he's a big perfectionist, but I don't think it would hurt him if he did it.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2021, 09:27:21 AM »
I found it just recently on yt too. I wonder what was the reason he pulled it the last second. Everything was ready to go. Even Kush and I need a Doctor were very well received, then nothing. Sometimes I wish we ended up getting Detox then, because I fucc heavy with Kush. I've always been a proponent of Dre should just drop his old finished tracks he keeps in the vault but doesn't intend to use on an album on Spotify and call it a day. Yeah, he's a big perfectionist, but I don't think it would hurt him if he did it.

My theory is that he's hoarding all those tracks for generational wealth and will allow his kids to take over when he's gone to keep the legacy alive. I mean, those songs are worth a fuck-ton of money - and Dr Dre tracks are scarce... and in high demand. I could be totally wrong obviously, but I think this might be a calculated move.

LP570

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2021, 09:35:28 AM »
My theory is that he's hoarding all those tracks for generational wealth and will allow his kids to take over when he's gone to keep the legacy alive. I mean, those songs are worth a fuck-ton of money - and Dr Dre tracks are scarce... and in high demand. I could be totally wrong obviously, but I think this might be a calculated move.

That's a very reasonable theory. I guess we'll see what happens. From fan stand point it's sad to see many masterpieces locked away never to be heard, but at the same time Dre is smart if his plan is as you described. A bit like stashing gold bars away, will always be worth something and in demand.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
Yeah until the ‘cancel culture’ bandwagon gears up and chastises the NFL for promoting rappers who in the past glorified:

Raping young girls (Just Don’t Bite It)
Violence towards women (Dre)
Homophobic songs (Eminem)
Songs disrespecting women, promoting drug culture, cop killing, using the N word, etc.

The NFL has canceled people for much less. I’m surprised there hasn’t already been an uproar from the snowflakes over this. Especially with the NFL trying so annoyingly hard to be PC and the spotlight on them more than ever that they’d make this decision. Instead of having someone like Common on there representing Hip Hop in a positive light.

Of course my dream is that Eminem goes on stage and does some unexpected anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-lockdown shit.. but I know that will never happen... more than likely Cube will come on with Dre and they will do some fucc the police type of political shit that the media will adore them for and applaud them for being so bold (when all they are doing is promoting the prevailing narrative that gets celebrated every day on mainstream media)

but Dre is better than that.. whatever he comes up with will be innovative and trendsetting... so I'm not going to complain
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:29 AM »

Not sure how that works economically.  The new market still doesn't make sense to me.  If it were the 90's I would agree.. it's just like if you were holding unreleased Pac material in the 90's you were sitting on gold...

but with everything bootlegged and released on MP3 and people getting music for free, I don't see how unreleased Dre material is really that valuable. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2021, 01:35:30 PM »
i think em, snoop, kendrik and dre will release their albums till february...

first snoop and dre will show up with next episode...

then snoop will go on with some of his new banger from algorithm.

then snoop will introduce his nephew eminem on the stage and eminem will show up

snoop leaves, eminem comes with lose yourself, then his new single from new album.

and kendrick comes with an old famous hit of his and new banger from his new album.

here comes mary j blige with family affair and then she will introduce dr. dre and snoop dogg on stage.

dr. dre, snoop and mary j blige will rock the show with the new highly anticipated chronic 3 shit!

then one more chronic 3 joint.

and everybody will be blown away.

i will dream about this kind of shit till february. if they just go on stage and sing old songs like california love, still dre next episode and forget about dre and say goodbye with hey superbowl thank you for coming!!... then i will burn all my dr. dre cd's and vinlys...

u expectin too much

like someone else said, i don’t think anyone has ever introduced a new song at super bowl halftime

but there could def be an announcement or something that will promote the upcoming projects

that in itself would be more than enough imo

Safe+Sound

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2021, 02:54:05 PM »
Of course my dream is that Eminem goes on stage and does some unexpected anti-vaxx, anti-mask, anti-lockdown shit.. but I know that will never happen... more than likely Cube will come on with Dre and they will do some fucc the police type of political shit that the media will adore them for and applaud them for being so bold (when all they are doing is promoting the prevailing narrative that gets celebrated every day on mainstream media)

but Dre is better than that.. whatever he comes up with will be innovative and trendsetting... so I'm not going to complain

You do know that there is a very large demographic - like ~75 million people - that does not celebrate anti-police rhetoric, right? Probably like 2-3 quarters of the people watching the super bowl. And Fox News is the most-watched station in the country - they're not celebrating that at all and that's as mainstream as it gets. That being said, I think the chances of Dre and the gang doing "Fuck Tha Police" or anything near that are pretty low.

Also, I think - just maybe - people like Eminem have been educated or have privileged access to people who are when it comes to topics like virology, biochemistry, epidemiology, biology, and the alike. The correlation between education and vaccine rates is not a coincidence. It's alright to respect people as people, but a fucking truck driver doesn't have an opinion that's remotely valid when it comes to science. If someone is not medically trained on this subject matter, their opinion is not equal to others who are. There's a reason why it takes ~15 years to become a doctor. There's also a reason why most people aren't doctors.

Anyway, whatever they do should most likely be awesome.

Safe+Sound

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2021, 03:15:21 PM »
That's a very reasonable theory. I guess we'll see what happens. From fan stand point it's sad to see many masterpieces locked away never to be heard, but at the same time Dre is smart if his plan is as you described. A bit like stashing gold bars away, will always be worth something and in demand.

It kills me that all that gold is sitting a vault, yeah. I almost feel like he owes it to the people who lived through that era to release it. But honestly, I can't knock him for it if that's his angle. He knows his worth and his demand. Why not exploit that and fuse it into your legacy? Makes sense. But I hear you - as a fan, it sucks. I'd LOVE to hear what he's got from the 90s and early 2000s. MAN. Timeless classics.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2021, 06:52:07 PM »
You do know that there is a very large demographic - like ~75 million people - that does not celebrate anti-police rhetoric, right? Probably like 2-3 quarters of the people watching the super bowl. And Fox News is the most-watched station in the country - they're not celebrating that at all and that's as mainstream as it gets. That being said, I think the chances of Dre and the gang doing "Fuck Tha Police" or anything near that are pretty low.

Also, I think - just maybe - people like Eminem have been educated or have privileged access to people who are when it comes to topics like virology, biochemistry, epidemiology, biology, and the alike. The correlation between education and vaccine rates is not a coincidence. It's alright to respect people as people, but a fucking truck driver doesn't have an opinion that's remotely valid when it comes to science. If someone is not medically trained on this subject matter, their opinion is not equal to others who are. There's a reason why it takes ~15 years to become a doctor. There's also a reason why most people aren't doctors.

Anyway, whatever they do should most likely be awesome.

Yep.  All doctors agree on the Cult “Science” (and the ones that don’t get censored).  We must listen to the “experts” because they are the ones with the billion dollar marketing and manipulation campaign to back them.  Got it.

dnjp4life

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2021, 04:25:15 AM »
I'm not fussed about the halftime show, but I will keep a watch out in case there is an announcement of new music from Dre, Eminem or Kendrick in the lead up to the event or in the aftermath, pun intended.

We can live in hope that Dre might drop this rumoured album soon then, especially with him saying that he's excited for what the future holds in that clip with Snoop Dogg.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2021, 05:53:50 AM »
I'm not fussed about the halftime show, but I will keep a watch out in case there is an announcement of new music from Dre, Eminem or Kendrick in the lead up to the event or in the aftermath, pun intended.

We can live in hope that Dre might drop this rumoured album soon then, especially with him saying that he's excited for what the future holds in that clip with Snoop Dogg.

So you are a Dre fan and Dre is going to be performing his biggest event in history and you ain't even gonna watch?  Just interested in some "announcement"?

...I will tell you guys now he's not gonna make any announcement during the show.  His focus is only going to be on making the bombest show he can possibly make.  You may get some new sounds or visuals that will indicate some new trend he wants to set off in music or something on a project he's doing but that's it.

Not like he's gonna say at the end, "Look out for my next album, it's coming"... and even if he did it wouldn't matter cause he'd probably still not drop it anyway

Aftermath213

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2021, 06:28:48 AM »
I’m hoping the show has a mix of new and old songs. Can’t imagine that performing 20+ year old songs like Still Dre and Forgot About Dre will have the impact he’s looking for.

dnjp4life

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2021, 08:08:37 AM »
So you are a Dre fan and Dre is going to be performing his biggest event in history and you ain't even gonna watch?  Just interested in some "announcement"?

...I will tell you guys now he's not gonna make any announcement during the show.  His focus is only going to be on making the bombest show he can possibly make.  You may get some new sounds or visuals that will indicate some new trend he wants to set off in music or something on a project he's doing but that's it.

Not like he's gonna say at the end, "Look out for my next album, it's coming"... and even if he did it wouldn't matter cause he'd probably still not drop it anyway

I’m not from America and the whole Super Bowl event is not such a big deal outside of the USA, so I
won’t be tuning in live, but of course, being a fan of Dr. Dre and the rest I’ll most likely watch some highlights of the show.

And by announcement, I meant that new music from each artist might drop shortly before, or more likely, after the performance. That’s what I’m more excited about compared to a 10-minute compilation of past hits
performed in front of a family crowd.

I’m fully aware that Dre is not gonna make a big announcement live on stage
about his possibly forthcoming album.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2021, 10:07:42 AM »
I agree, you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.  As Dre said in the interview, they have 11-12 minutes to highlight 5 artists.  You're talking roughly 2 minutes per person.  Each artist is going to do a 3 or 4 hit song melody of about 30 seconds per song and that's it.  It'll be fun and great to see.  But anyone thinking they are going to perform new songs with that short amount of time available are nuts. 

The following users thanked this post: Sccit