Author Topic: DJ Quik Discusses Working With Dr. Dre & Truth Hurts For “Addictive”  (Read 538 times)

Jay_J

Re: DJ Quik Discusses Working With Dr. Dre & Truth Hurts For “Addictive”
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2021, 12:21:10 AM »
its 2021 almost 2 decades passed and i still cant understand how come they didnt clear the sample. its not quik's business by the way. everybody knows that its a sample. so there must be guys who are responsible for these kind of sampling and clearing issues to protect the artist and company. first of all dre executive produced the whole album and he produced this track, even the remix. so he aint an amateur.

i dont believe the story that says quik forgot to clear sample and all happened after that.

what i believe is they asked for clearance but the artist who own the original song asked for too much and they were like "fuck him! he cant win anything".

The following users thanked this post: Orbyte

Jay_J

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2021, 12:26:43 AM »
by the way its a good video to see whats the difference between dre and any other producer on planet earth. quik is considered as a genius legendary producer. but dre makes him his puppet in the studio :) no offence, quik tells the story like this.

mtbsm

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2021, 04:21:00 AM »
It's funny how clowns discredit Dre even after an artist he works with humbly says my sh*t wasn't sh*t before Dre touched it. Incredible.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2021, 10:12:04 AM »
its 2021 almost 2 decades passed and i still cant understand how come they didnt clear the sample. its not quik's business by the way. everybody knows that its a sample. so there must be guys who are responsible for these kind of sampling and clearing issues to protect the artist and company. first of all dre executive produced the whole album and he produced this track, even the remix. so he aint an amateur.

i dont believe the story that says quik forgot to clear sample and all happened after that.

what i believe is they asked for clearance but the artist who own the original song asked for too much and they were like "fuck him! he cant win anything".

they probably thought it was an obscure song no one out here knows of and that they could get away with it

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2021, 10:13:43 AM »
by the way its a good video to see whats the difference between dre and any other producer on planet earth. quik is considered as a genius legendary producer. but dre makes him his puppet in the studio :) no offence, quik tells the story like this.

i wouldn’t call it a puppet

there are things quik can do that dre can’t

it’s more of an overseer .. both goats but dre is the goat of goats

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2021, 10:15:28 AM »
It's funny how clowns discredit Dre even after an artist he works with humbly says my sh*t wasn't sh*t before Dre touched it. Incredible.

it’s because cats like the glove feel entitled and go on record to talk shit

casuals don’t understand the ego behind it and take it as facts

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Jay_J

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2021, 12:30:31 PM »

i wouldn’t call it a puppet

there are things quik can do that dre can’t

it’s more of an overseer .. both goats but dre is the goat of goats

i said no offence because quik is not even has a ego about it and tells himself as a puppet that dre directs and he is having fun telling this. and he knows dre is goat of goats so yeah when dre tells you to do somth u need to get ur ass up and do what he wants till he is satisfied. thats DRE! he made too short repeat one word "pussy" for 4 hours :)

when snoop wrote thats that song and asked dre to mix it dre tells him that his verses are wack and d.o.c. will write new verses :) snoop says im shocked a little bit first because no one can talk to me like this but its dre and i was like "ok". and he was right at the end, song became a hit after he touched.

anyway we all agree quik is a goat for west coast.he is rare one on planet who is multi instrumentalist/mix engineer/songwriter/rapper and produder... im proud we have quik. but its a good story that shows dre is another level in the industry and culture.

andre

Jay_J

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2021, 12:58:42 PM »
what if the remix version would be the official rakim first single from aftermath featuring truth hurts?

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2021, 01:06:22 PM »
i said no offence because quik is not even has a ego about it and tells himself as a puppet that dre directs and he is having fun telling this. and he knows dre is goat of goats so yeah when dre tells you to do somth u need to get ur ass up and do what he wants till he is satisfied. thats DRE! he made too short repeat one word "pussy" for 4 hours :)

when snoop wrote thats that song and asked dre to mix it dre tells him that his verses are wack and d.o.c. will write new verses :) snoop says im shocked a little bit first because no one can talk to me like this but its dre and i was like "ok". and he was right at the end, song became a hit after he touched.

anyway we all agree quik is a goat for west coast.he is rare one on planet who is multi instrumentalist/mix engineer/songwriter/rapper and produder... im proud we have quik. but its a good story that shows dre is another level in the industry and culture.

i understand what u sayin and i agree

but in american vernacular, use of the word puppet is degrading. it’s almost like saying he’s his bitch .. no doubt tho, dre has taught quik a thing or 2 when it comes to production.

there’s a reason why the only non-quik produced track on any quik album is by dre. the respect is undeniable, and that’s why quik is a goat in his own right. if he was like glove and wanted to give himself all the credit, he wouldn’t be in the same situation. but quik is real and his ego doesn’t hinder his understanding of the pecking order. 

Okka

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2021, 09:46:14 AM »
Holy fucc man this is sick... unheard Rakim Aftermath verse... never heard this before

The remix is on the "Addictive" single.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2021, 04:29:49 AM »
how?

this remix was huge when it dropped, it got an official release

not unheard by a long shot

it was 20 years ago maybe I forgot or didn't hear
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)