Author Topic: Whats next for the Lakers?  (Read 378 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Whats next for the Lakers?
« on: May 16, 2003, 12:28:48 AM »
Laker fans...just curious, what do yall think (or want) the Lakers will do in the off season? What players u think they should go after? They seriously need an outside shooter. I mean, they got some people who can hit the three...but not a PURE shooter out there. I think theyd open up their offense alot by doing that. Pippen i dont see as a good move really. Maybe for defensive purposes, but i dont think so. Karl Malone would just clog up the middle IMO. And if Phil doesnt return, yur gonna have a hard time finding a coach who can juggle all those egos on one team.

For the Spurs, id LUV to see them really go after Jermaine O'neal. Theyre frontline would be best in the league IMO. The whole, Jason Kidd thing woulda been pretty crazy. Duncan and Kidd on the same team, DAMN! But i dunno if thas really gonna happen, especially when Parker is doing a good job...at a much cheaper rate lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Whats next for the Lakers?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 12:39:00 AM »
I say lets start building for Kobe. Shaq is great in the middle, need a shooter at 3, who knows, and a power forward that likes to bang. Madson's cool, but someone that is more agressive, with a mean streak, that is more focused on defense, I always wished Camby turned out good, and was on the Lakers.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 02:29:22 AM »
Laker fans...just curious, what do yall think (or want) the Lakers will do in the off season? What players u think they should go after? They seriously need an outside shooter. I mean, they got some people who can hit the three...but not a PURE shooter out there. I think theyd open up their offense alot by doing that. Pippen i dont see as a good move really. Maybe for defensive purposes, but i dont think so. Karl Malone would just clog up the middle IMO. And if Phil doesnt return, yur gonna have a hard time finding a coach who can juggle all those egos on one team.

For the Spurs, id LUV to see them really go after Jermaine O'neal. Theyre frontline would be best in the league IMO. The whole, Jason Kidd thing woulda been pretty crazy. Duncan and Kidd on the same team, DAMN! But i dunno if thas really gonna happen, especially when Parker is doing a good job...at a much cheaper rate lol.
we need a power forward a good one like malon or pippen and also like you said a consistan shooter.....like the bulls had BJ armstrong and steve kurr and people like that....they could always be counted on

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 02:30:26 AM »
I say lets start building for Kobe. Shaq is great in the middle, need a shooter at 3, who knows, and a power forward that likes to bang. Madson's cool, but someone that is more agressive, with a mean streak, that is more focused on defense, I always wished Camby turned out good, and was on the Lakers.

problem for yall is, no cap room. I think the Spurs will work sumthin good this offseason. U right about the needs tho for tha Lakers. A solid 3 point shooter is crucial i think. And, by the looks of this series...some1 who can get in there n get sum boards, other then Shaq. Isnt Zo a free agent? lol.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 02:32:11 AM »

we need a power forward a good one like malon or pippen and also like you said a consistan shooter.....like the bulls had BJ armstrong and steve kurr and people like that....they could always be counted on

i dont think yall need Malone or Pippen tho...like M said, jus sum1 who can bang. Not necessarily score. Yall need basically, a "garbage man", not a Mailman lol. Like a Charles Oakley/PJ Brown type of player.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 02:34:18 AM »

i dont think yall need Malone or Pippen tho...like M said, jus sum1 who can bang. Not necessarily score. Yall need basically, a "garbage man", not a Mailman lol. Like a Charles Oakley/PJ Brown type of player.
those will do too but we need as much offense as we can get....when kobe and shaq scoring all the points and no one else we lose....so if we have another offensive threat like that on the team it will make it a whole lot worse for the opposing team.......i want a cross between someone who can bang and someone who can get points on the board...but karl and pippen would be good candidates for me......shaq can do all the banging...LOL..jk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 02:38:44 AM »

those will do too but we need as much offense as we can get....when kobe and shaq scoring all the points and no one else we lose....so if we have another offensive threat like that on the team it will make it a whole lot worse for the opposing team.......i want a cross between someone who can bang and someone who can get points on the board...but karl and pippen would be good candidates for me......shaq can do all the banging...LOL..jk

i guess, Pippen maybe so. Malone might require too many shot attempts. Last thing yall need is some else demandin tha ball. Jus someone who can actually knock down the shots, when Kobe or Shaq gets them the ball. Maybe they should really work on Medvedenko, he's kinda soft inside. But his lil jumper was on point. lol

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 10:55:20 AM »
i have heard several things that the lakers can do

Rumor has it that Gary Payton is a possibility and also Karl Malone

we aint gonna get no young guns like Jermaine O neal or anybody like that, were gonna get a vet fo sure

at this point its either gonna be malone or payton hopefully

Malone would help out tremendously with the scoring and rebounding and not to mention his physical toughness inside,
Payton would fit in properly with two big targets in Kobe and Shaq

Pippen doesnt really fit in with what we need, Devin George is improving every year and hes definitely our small forward of the future

Horry is thinkin about goin back to Houston and Fox is out maybe half of next season

look for either a power forward, Point guard or backup center to come here

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 05:40:50 PM »
So all of a sudden Fisher isn't a consistant shooter? Can some one PLEASE tell me what Fishers 3 Point percentage was in the playoffs?...All the Lakers really need is a bench and a good Forward...PeACe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 08:46:15 PM »
So all of a sudden Fisher isn't a consistant shooter? Can some one PLEASE tell me what Fishers 3 Point percentage was in the playoffs?...All the Lakers really need is a bench and a good Forward...PeACe

id still take Payton over Fisher tho. I mean, ud have someone who can run the offense, doesnt commit many turnovers. Is very, very consistent...and can shut down the opponentz point guard. Always been one of my favorite players, and probably the most underrated player of all time lol

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 11:08:39 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah payton is so underrated its not even funny >:(

i always thought that fisher was a good back up point guard, even when he was playing behind Nick Van Exel

he has developed nicely though ;D  

id rather see the lake show go after a power forward cause honestly guys, even though we did win the last three championships (yeah yeah we lost this year) ive noticed that power forwards kill us

i mean guys like garnett, webber, wallace, novitzky, and kenyon martin in last year playoffs put up awesome numbers against us and this year duncan did it to us (even though he is a center)

we need a powerful presence at the power forward or center spot (besides shaq)
i wish elden campbell would have become the perfect compliment for shaq in the middle, but that fool never played good when shaq was in the lineup, he averaged like 20 points with Shaq out lol lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2003, 01:25:19 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah payton is so underrated its not even funny >:(

i always thought that fisher was a good back up point guard, even when he was playing behind Nick Van Exel

he has developed nicely though ;D  

id rather see the lake show go after a power forward cause honestly guys, even though we did win the last three championships (yeah yeah we lost this year) ive noticed that power forwards kill us

i mean guys like garnett, webber, wallace, novitzky, and kenyon martin in last year playoffs put up awesome numbers against us and this year duncan did it to us (even though he is a center)

we need a powerful presence at the power forward or center spot (besides shaq)
i wish elden campbell would have become the perfect compliment for shaq in the middle, but that fool never played good when shaq was in the lineup, he averaged like 20 points with Shaq out lol lol

^^true, but ive also noticed that Point guards kill yall. lol. There are alot of really good poward forwards in tha West. Goin after PJ Brown wouldnt be a bad move at ALL. Payton is jus SO disrupting. If u can shut down the other teams point guard, u can shut down their offense.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2003, 12:59:01 PM »
if i was mitch  right now i'd be calling these people

zo- dude is set to come back next year, his heart is in miami but him and shaq were (idon't know about now great friends in the early 90's)

he'd be a great back up center until he got his groove back and the IDEAL power forward in the starting line up come playoff time.

key to getting him would be shaq and kobe contstantly calling him to persuade him, an honest sale to him from gary vitti with his health problems and figure out something with the cap

i don't want to see pippen on the lakers that'd be dipping in the past too much and he's aging , and doens't get along with kobe.

Karl Malone would be great for 1 year but i think he'd retire after that we need someone for 4-5 years

Payton would be very ideal and bad at the same time you'd have to almost split him and fisher's time in half to ensure equality becuase fisher is coming into his own and payton is heading over the hill (kinda an equilibrium here) but the chemistry would be great shaq and payton are GREAT friends payton can PASS payton can defend and his ability and style fits the triangle perfectly

jermaine o'neal would be cool; he'd cost alot of money but would be greeeeeeeeat to have, he has youth and ability and he'd be great with shaq in or out of the game i'd say we'd have to do a trade for this guy and give up some draft picks or something

jason kidd should stay in NJ he's got a good thing going out there

ben wallace would be another great dude to get but he'd cost too much plus it'd take the attention off shaq too much and i don't think he'd like that

so i say  get someone who's got 6 years left in them and can play both the C and PF  then go after a SG/SF type of player who has defense

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2003, 01:27:46 PM »
LAKRES NEED A FUCKIN BENCH!!

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2003, 02:59:16 PM »
I wouldn't mind having Malone on our squad. The early younger Malone would clog up the middle, but this older Malone likes taking that jumper more. He does have a nice jumper, and if he needs to, he can still bang with the best of them. PJ Brown would probably be a good fit, he likes to bang and crash the boards which is what the Lakers desperately need. Juwan Howard would be more of a 3rd scorer type, more of an offensive threat than a defensvie one. Payton has been showing a lot of interest in joining the Lakers according to his agent. He is seriously thinking about taking an extreme pay cut to come to LA.

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"