Author Topic: Warren G's "I want it all"  (Read 1183 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Warren G's "I want it all"
« on: April 13, 2001, 02:47:32 AM »
1.Intro-ummm probably the only whack part of the cd....as forest gump once put it "that's all i have to say about that

2.Gangsta Love
this song features Kurupt Nate Dogg and RBX and it is acompanied by a Smoooooooooooooothe funky beat the featuring artists do the majority of the rapping on this song but warren makes his presence  evidant  at his fortay which is behind the boards....*4 outta 5*

3. Why oh Why
this song features Daz and Kurupt and again they do the majority of the rapping but warren squeezes his way in and Daz displays his singing skills also on the chorus , the beat is reasonably good and so are the raps but it's an overall entertaining song *4 outta 5

4. Dollars Make Sense
Kurupt makes his 3rd appierence on this song as well as Crucial Conflict who sound very similar to Bone Thugs N harmony on the chorus , kurupts spits a nice verse and warren supplys another banging beat....*4 outt 5*

5. I want it all
Featuring mack 10...this song is OFF THE MUTHA FUCKIN HINGES!! Warren actually raps on the majority of this track and mack 10 drops his verse smoothly too,  this song is pretty funky and has a large head bobage factor to it. the subject of this song is reaching for some high goals and getting it "all"....classic g child shit....*4.5 outta 5*

6. Havin things
featuring JD and Nate Dogg, this song displays Warrens versitality as he mixes his patented westcoast funk with JD's bouncy south shit Nate Drops another classic soulful verse and the chorus is very infectious too....*4 outta 5*

7.You Never Know
featuring Snoop Phats Bossi, and Reel Tight, this song is a personal favorite and it has a very positive message too it too "...got to be strong you got to hold on" as the chorus tells ya , snoops verse is reasonable at first listen but it grows on you after a while same with warrens...you tend to over look Phats and Reel's verses as you get lost in another Funky beat ....*4.5 outta 5*

8.My Momma (ola mae)
this song is a sentimental song and dedication to Warren's Ola Mae, his mother...the beat is awesome and warren tells you about his times growing up with his mother, you feel for warren when he says he was glad she got to see his success with regulate...*4 outta 5*

9.g-spot
el debarge & val young are featured on here, this song is nothing really that spectacular the singing at the chorus takes away from the song , which is a shame becuase Warren Really come off great on this track talkin bout these "dames" we also hear Warren's famous "DEEEEEEEEEEz nuts" skit....*3.5 outta 5

10. We got that
or other wise known as the Ruff Ryders song  as it has double R rappers Eve, Drag On, and Shadow, Many west coast fans arn't feeling this song but i'm personally liking it, Eve (modern day Rage..yeah i said it) comes off sweet on here and her Chemistry with Drag is nice too, now alot of people are saying well why is this track on here on the back it says it was produced by vada Nobles and warren dosn't even rap on it...not so Warren Co-produced this joint which is another example of warren's versitality...*4 outta 5*

11. Dope Beat
nice Funky beat and warren raps about how he hooked snoop up with dr. dre how dre taught him how to work a beat , basically a summary of his acomplishments of his career very nice song ...4 outta 5

12. World Wide Ryders
featuring Neb and K-bar of the 5 footaz, now the beat is very smooth as usual  but the raps are kind of boring not taking anything away from the 2 ladies from the 5 footaz but, it's not very intriging.....*3.5 outta 5*

13. Game Don't Wait
213!!!!!!!!!!!! nate snoop and warren, classic classic classic classic song! period, i don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says this song is a DIME! the beat is one of the industries best, it's a very laid back funky beat, and of corse nate comes soulfully classic and snoop and warren trade off the best "laid back rhymes" you'll hear anywhere..."5 outta 5"

14. If we give you a chance
featuring Phatts Bossi  and slick rick...it's nice to see slick rick (one of snoop and warren's rap inspirations) flow over a smooth west coast beat the song is nice but goes down a little once Phats jumps in....*3.5 outta 5*

15. I want it all Remix
ummmm it features memphis bleek, drag on and tikki diamond......it has a nice little beat and Warren is the best MC on the song if that says anything about it....*3 outta 5*

outro- just Flava Flave going off about somthin

overall this album is one of the better albums to come out recently a very solid record by the G child, although many say that "regulate" was warren's greatest acheivment i think this album is on par if not a little better than "regulate" i would give this album a perfect 5 or a 4.75 except it falls a little bit a the tail end of the album so i give it (a sitll great rating) 4.5 outta 5, a near classic album

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Murderous_MC

• Lil Geezy
  • Fuck Dat Shit We Can All Get Rich!
Re: Warren G's "I want it all"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2001, 12:04:00 PM »
let me be the first to say: great review! i think you really hit the nail on the head with that one!  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Mr_Loc

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2001, 02:33:57 PM »
yea dope review but i would have to say Regulate was his best album, i guess it depends on your taste. I Want It All was a tight cd though.

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2001, 01:21:18 AM »
i dont know why so many people are sleepin' on "take a look over your shoulder", i loved that shit. can you feel it was great except for the chorus, that got pretty annoying. Someone should write a Review for that album

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2001, 12:17:52 AM »
I feel ya Doggystyle. I love Take a Look Over Your Shoulder. Its one of my favorites. There aren't any amazing tracks on it but they are all decent.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

I_G_AGAIN (Guest)

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2001, 09:36:45 AM »
YEA DEFFENATLY A CLASIC PIECE.....AND SURLY BETTER THAN REGULATE....

PS....DIS IZ IG IF YOU WONDER....HAD SOME PROBZ WIT MY PASSWORD....NOW IM BACK.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2001, 03:03:43 AM »
regulate is his best.period. but i want it all is classic. and take a look over your shoulder is a hot ass album but not classic,i'd give  i want it all a 4.85 out of 5.peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Murrow

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2001, 06:29:41 PM »
I'd rate this record 8.5/10.

Smooth

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2001, 01:10:13 AM »
yeah this cd is great... id give it an 8/10
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2001, 04:55:13 AM »
Regulate 5/5 [Fuck I Dont Care If Warren Can't Rap Lyrically This Album Is CLASSIC!]

Take A Look Over Soulder 4/5

I Want It All 4/5

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »
Very good album, my favorite song is I Want It All.