Author Topic: RBX & Deathrow  (Read 271 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
RBX & Deathrow
« on: May 18, 2003, 10:27:15 PM »
What happened with RBX and Deathrow back in 1995 when he left?  I was listening to A.W.O.L. today where he talks about everbody from Snoop to Dre and I was never really clear on what the exact reason for the beef was.......and how did they eventually settle everything?

budsmokeronly

Re:RBX & Deathrow
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 10:41:30 PM »
RBX didn't even diss snoop in that song, he pretty much was only dissin dre, and maybe just the death row politics in general.  And why did he diss, I am not sure but probably the same reason 90% of rappers diss-MONEY.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 10:46:14 PM »
He wrote hella lyrikz for Dre. Dre Blew uP, he didn't and didn't get Paid whut he wuz suPPosed to.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 12:23:46 AM »
he says in the song .. "me D O C and Snoop, sat and made lyrics to replenish your name like gatorade.." more than likely to do with money. Funny how him & Dre squashed it and he signed to Aftermath ..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 04:52:43 AM »
It was because of the money but also because the time they'd start on his debut album was indefinately pushed back by Dre (& possibly Suge as well)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 05:38:16 AM »
he says in the song .. "me D O C and Snoop, sat and made lyrics to replenish your name like gatorade.." more than likely to do with money. Funny how him & Dre squashed it and he signed to Aftermath ..
nah, this song was done after he signed to aftermath.

what happened was that when dre left deathrow... RBX joined him to start dre's new label "aftermath".
dre released a compilation in 1996 on his aftermath imprint through interscope titled "dr dre presents the aftermath". RBX featured on the track "eastcoast westcoast killaz" with B-real (of cypress hill) , NAS & KRS-one , and his own solo track "blunt time".
after poor sales of this compilation, dre made a big reshuffle on his label.... all his artists that were currently signed to his label were dropped, this included RBX.  the only one that stayed was melman. melman who became one of dre's main producers .

so RBX got really pissed off at dre for kickin him off the label, and dissed him in the source magaxine back in 97.
and then RBX released that track A.W.O.L. on his album later on.

but RBX is over that, and is cool with dre now.
he was just all hot at that time coz of gettin kicked off aftermath.

RBX is pretty dope.
good to see he hookin up wit the doggystyle crew
« Last Edit: May 19, 2003, 05:42:04 AM by LAzoo »

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 05:48:45 AM »
nah, this song was done after he signed to aftermath.

what happened was that when dre left deathrow... RBX joined him to start dre's new label "aftermath".
dre released a compilation in 1996 on his aftermath imprint through interscope titled "dr dre presents the aftermath". RBX featured on the track "eastcoast westcoast killaz" with B-real (of cypress hill) , NAS & KRS-one , and his own solo track "blunt time".
after poor sales of this compilation, dre made a big reshuffle on his label.... all his artists that were currently signed to his label were dropped, this included RBX.  the only one that stayed was melman. melman who became one of dre's main producers .

so RBX got really pissed off at dre for kickin him off the label, and dissed him in the source magaxine back in 97.
and then RBX released that track A.W.O.L. on his album later on.

but RBX is over that, and is cool with dre now.
he was just all hot at that time coz of gettin kicked off aftermath.

RBX is pretty dope.
good to see he hookin up wit the doggystyle crew

AWOL was released in 95.. RBX did it cuz of the Death Row days cuz he didn't get paid shit but he later found out it was Suge who had handled the business and was responsible for the paying and not Dre so he cleared tha shit up with Dre and they did that Aftermath stuff with him..

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2003, 05:58:58 AM »
Im pretty sure AWOL was made during the Death Row Era, its a pretty good song too.  I think RBX is tight as hell.  He also talks about how he was unappreciated at Death Row in i think, "Out With Da Old" (a really dope song) when he says he was the backbone of Deathrow.  I hope to hear more songs with RBX, hopefully even an album.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2003, 06:34:37 AM »
Im pretty sure AWOL was made during the Death Row Era, its a pretty good song too.  I think RBX is tight as hell.  He also talks about how he was unappreciated at Death Row in i think, "Out With Da Old" (a really dope song) when he says he was the backbone of Deathrow.  I hope to hear more songs with RBX, hopefully even an album.

That would be one of my greatest wishes of 2003 coming true,a new RBX album,this time with big name producers and guests.A Great Day in 2003 for me.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..