Author Topic: Masta Ace - Disposable Arts  (Read 961 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
« on: October 23, 2002, 10:44:43 AM »
Masta Ace – Disposable Arts

1. The release…intro
2. Too long…A short introductory song to the album.  Ace comes with some tight lines along with Apocalypse.  Nice beat.  4/5
3. Block episode…Nice laidback production and great story-telling from Ace, Punch and Words.  4/5
4. Commerical
5. Don’t understand…Ace has a dope flow on the track.  However, production is repetitive.  Greg Nice is annoying on the hook.  3.5/5
6. Goodbye Lisa…skit
7. Hold U…A love story.  Superbly told by Ace.  Jean Grae finishes up the track nicely as the girl he is talking about.  The simply chorus is effective.  4/5
8. Every other day…Production has a 70’s feel to it.  The chorus features Mr. Lee Gee and Sas with a Jamaican accent.  Ace laces the song with a dope ass flow.  5/5
9. Roommates meet…skit
10.   Take a walk…Very slow production opens the song up.  Ace spits 2 great verses about an average day on the block.  Apocalypse had a good verse as well.  Well-fitting chorus.  5/5
11.   Something’s wrong…Features Strick and Young Zee of the Outsidaz who spit some well-crafted verses.  Ace comes tight.  Good chorus.  4/5
12.   The classes…skit
13.   Acknowledge…Smooth beat featuring a violin-like loop.  Ace rips the track up with some tight ass verses.  Nice rip of Nas vocals for the hook.  5/5
14.   Enuff…Production has a “feel good” vibe; nice piano loop.  Great Ace verses.  Mr. Lee Gee lays down another great hook.  4/5
15.   Watching the game…skit
16.   Unfriendly game…The whole basis of the song is relating football directly to the dope game.  Ace and Strick compare the similarities perfectly.  The dope production helps too.  5/5
17.   Alphabet soup…Ace spits on a hookless song in which he uses every letter of the alphabet in a story.  Smooth production.  4/5
18.   Dear Yvette…The track starts out with straight old-school production, but then later it’s accompanied by a more modern sound.  Tight verses from both Ace and Jane Doe.  3.5/5
19.   I like dat…Nice production.  Ace, Punch and Words trade lines about fuckin’ bitches.  4/5
20.   P.T.A….A decent track featuring King T and J-Ro.  Production seems to lack something though.  King T comes the tightest.  3.5/5
21.   Type I hate…Great production and great message.  A+ chorus.  Rah Digga finishes the track up with a dope verse.  4/5
22.   Dear diary…The song is written from Ace’s diary to Ace.  Amazing production and the simple hook is amazing, fitting the song perfectly.  5/5
23.   Last rights…skit
24.   No regrets…Ace raps another track with no chorus.  This is a summarization of his life in the rap game.  Great production.  4.5/5

OVERALL…4.25/5

Masta Ace’s lyricism is nicely displayed on “Disposable Arts”.  The production is untouchable, which fits his choice of subject matter perfectly on nearly every track.  Most of the hooks are simple samples, but they are very effective.  Highly slept-on album.

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2002, 05:12:07 PM »
nice,
gonna give this album a listen, maybe even two  ;D

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 12:53:01 PM »
Do you actually listen to the lyrics, as you don't mention that acknowledge is a diss song against the High & Mighty and boogiemen.  The final rhyme at the end is one of the greatest disses ever in my opinion, fucking pissed my self when i heard it. And the scrathing is not taken from Nas but Guru. Dope album.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2002, 12:59:38 PM »
i have never really listeneded to masta ace shit, ill try to get some of his material though

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2002, 10:00:31 PM »
I knew it was a diss song, I just didn't know who.  I don't know much about Masta Ace, but it's a tight album.  Are sure that is Guru and not Nas when it says "acknowledge the rap"?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2002, 02:16:07 PM »
i dunno about that bit but "another one pointed at ya weak ass heart" is def Guru
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 05:12:50 AM »
I Think that it's one of the best release in 2001...

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2002, 12:40:29 PM »
I Think that it's one of the best release in 2001...

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

teecee

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 12:33:44 AM »
The vocal scratches are Guru, not NAs...........but ya, this album is the last classic hiphop album to come out in my opinion, i am still waiting for the next one.........
        What makes this album so great is that the tracks are sequenced in an order that makes the album cohesive, something missing from virtually all albums today.  While this album was produced by many producers, it sounds like it is done by one producer, and the result is an albumwith direction and purpose.       And Ace is Ace, dope as hell, funny, honest, smart, anything you want.  He even drops one of the greatest ever dis songs on here (Acknowledge).........great album, 5/5. 10/10. XXL   100% hip hop classic

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 11:35:14 PM »
The vocal scratches are Guru, not NAs...........but ya, this album is the last classic hiphop album to come out in my opinion, i am still waiting for the next one.........
        What makes this album so great is that the tracks are sequenced in an order that makes the album cohesive, something missing from virtually all albums today.  While this album was produced by many producers, it sounds like it is done by one producer, and the result is an albumwith direction and purpose.       And Ace is Ace, dope as hell, funny, honest, smart, anything you want.  He even drops one of the greatest ever dis songs on here (Acknowledge).........great album, 5/5. 10/10. XXL   100% hip hop classic

Are you sure that's not Nas.....the part where he says, "Acknowledge the rap".....that has got to be Nas.